PDA

View Full Version : Attaching fliers

Patfo
03-07-2001, 09:19 PM
When distributing fliers how do you actually attach them to the door? I'm rolling them up w/ a rubber band and attaching to the doorknob w/ the rubber band. Any better ideas? THANKS!

guntruck
03-07-2001, 09:26 PM
We didnt do that for the simple fact that we want to look and present our company as professional as possible. I know its a small thing but small things add up. we tri folded our fliers, a little time consuming, but they look nice and people can tell that time was taken to neatly prepare them. They are also easily placed practically anywhere when they are folded flat.

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 09:32 PM
If its possible try to put your information onto a doorknob hanger, this way its easily put in the proper place, shouldnt blow away, and looks professional all at the same time.

Good Luck this season!
Kris

1MajorTom
03-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Yes, doorknob hangers do look good. After we are done hanging them in a plan of houses, we always ride back up the streets just to take a look at them. At each house there is one hanging, and it looks darn good.

Fliers are not bad either, but I would not roll up the fliers. Just seems to me that when the potential customer would go to read it, since it had been rolled up, it no longer would lie flat and be easy to read. Folding them would be a better idea if you are using fliers.

Patfo
03-07-2001, 09:52 PM
Folding it will be! THANKS!

JimLewis
03-08-2001, 12:35 AM
I don't know about your area, but in the areas we work most of the homes are fairly and have these door handles that you stick your hand into and there is a thumb lever on top. Almost all of the houses in our area have these types of handles. So we just roll the flyer up on our way up the walkway, our coupon, or company name showing on top, and just slip this "tube" flyer into that round area of the door handle. Perfect fit every time.

For the older houses that have the just regular old turn style door knobs, we roll the flyer up the same way and just slide it in between the door knob and the door frame. Perfect fit again.

I've laid probably tens of thousands of flyers. When you get into doing that many, you want to find the most effecient way possible.

Likestomow
03-08-2001, 01:29 AM
I do mine on my printer, three up on glossy card stock. Then I put a 1 ½" strip of 3M double sided tape about an inch down from the top. You can then stick them directly on to the glass outer door, or to the mailbox. I don't have time to walk up to every door, so I put them on the mailboxes.

I called my Postmaster and checked this out. As long as the position doesn't interfere with the mailman's ability to deliver mail, it is perfectly allowable to hang it on the mailbox. I prefer the side of the box opposite to the side with the flag. The first year I put them behind the flag, and got an angry call from the big guy at the Post Office threatening me with lots o' dollars in postage. Last year I used the left side and didn't have a problem. And after putting them out in a whole subdivision they make the place look so festive!

Groundcover Solutions
03-08-2001, 08:52 AM
we roll and rubbedrband all of our flyers. we are currently puting out 10,000 flyers. we just put them in the news paper slot or put them around the top thing on the mail box. as to the post master thing we just go to the subs after the mail man has been there and before the people have gotten there mail has worked great so far.

Strawbridge Lawn
03-08-2001, 11:01 AM
A box of 3,00 rubber bands costs 2 bucks at Office Max. Just turn it over the handle and it is there. Will not blow off

Mid Rivers
03-08-2001, 11:14 AM
I roll mine, put a rubberband around it and place it on the knob.

lawnguy ny
03-08-2001, 01:01 PM
hay guys there has been alot said about mail boxs before. it a no no to the post master. be a pro use the mail. if you send out 2000 cards and sign up just one new account the mailing is paid for....are you in the lawn buz or delivery buz???? or do want to feel busy... use the mail system ,go play golf and let the phones ring........WORK SMART NOT HARD!!!!!!!

joshua
03-08-2001, 01:02 PM
when i try and recruit a new lawn i take a flier and business card. i knock to see if anyone is home and i talk to the homeowner. i tell them who i'm with and if they would like to have me give them a bid i will. i try present myself as good as i can, i tell them my services and i'll know if i have a chance at the job. if not i feel like i'm waiting around to se if someone is going to call. and i wouldn't wait to passout a flier to someone (andleave) and have to turn them down because i got other lawns. also i feel that this makes a good first impression even if i don't get the lawn.