PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with estimate...

HighGrass
07-30-2005, 04:26 PM
I normally don't do anything other than mowing but this one customer asked if I would trim some hedges for him. I said that I would work up an estimate and get back to him.

Here are the details...

-Hedges are 10'-12' tall
-"" "" are 40-50 long
-There are three solid rows that have to be trimmed (not the tops) on both sides and the ends.
-Since it is a gated property (and tiered), the material from the upper part of the lawn (4 rows worth) has to be hauled to the street (about 100') with a tarp.
-All material will be removed from property and transferred to my property where it will be put in my mulch area.
-I will have to rent equipment ( Iwill add this later)
-I will need to use an 8 foot step ladder on most of it for the upper portions
-I am working solo

Any guesses?

Thanks in advance

Mowgli
08-01-2005, 12:27 AM
First, you have to think of you hourly rate. How much do you want to make($30,$40 or $50 per hour)? Than, estimate you time, How long will it take you to do the work. The way i did it, trimming time + clean-up time + equipment+ bumping fee/ haul away (even though you take it to your own property).
Now, you are talking about three solid rows of 40 to 50 feet long? If yes, and base on your info, i would charge between $350 -$475. It may depending on the price in your are to. Good luck!

LB1234
08-01-2005, 12:57 AM
All reply's will be different but what the heck I'll give you my formula...

(#hrs trimming)*($45/hr)
+(#hrs cleanup)*($30/hr)
+(#CubicYardMaterial)*($35/yd)
+(#milesroundtrip)*(0.50)
+(rental equipment cost)

(2)*(45)+(2)*(30)+(2)*(35)+(50)*(0.5)+(75)

I'd hand in an estimate for $325

TScapes
08-01-2005, 10:42 AM
What kind of shrubs are these? Are they privets, hollies, what? If they are privets, you can "fly" through them. You could also lower the height of them. As for hollies, it may take you longer.

My suggestion is to propose it as a "Time and Materials" bid, with an agreed "Not to Exceed" price.