PDA

View Full Version : Wall experience?

Drafto
07-31-2005, 11:32 PM
I have the perfect oppurtunity to do a nice size retaining wall with some steps. I was approached by a family member about it, she has had some quotes and is willing to let me learn on her dollar. She originally wanted to do a pressure treated wood wall and I was not interested, today she mentions stone and I am all ears. I have done paver work, took the ICPI course and educate myself the best I can through literature and being on this site. I have never built steps, or steps into a wall for that matter. I understand the basic principles involved, but where can I find some good literature about building steps, b/c, and lets be honest, the diagram in most of the product catalogs don't even scratch the surface. Here are some details:

Existing 3' high railroad tie retaining wall with one set of 8' wide stairs. The wall is in a "U" completely surrounding an old addition.

Is disposing of the old creosote railroad ties an issue at most dumps?

What is the easiest and best types of stairs to set (product wise)? Method?

Any other tidbits some you more experienced guys can come up with?

Yeah I said "tidbits"! I am fired up! C'mon Mbella, unload that brain right here, and send me my faxes! (Check your PM)

Dan

mbella
08-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Dan, I'm on vacation and I've had one too many Corona's to care about work. Seriously, I'll be back next week and I'll fax you what I have.

Drafto
08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Pound a few for me! This summer I have been preferring Dos Equis Lagers over Coronas, maybe it is just a phase. Getting the lime in the Corona bottles for some reason just got too tough, so I go woth no lime in the Dos Equis. Have a good vacation.

mbella
08-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Voy a tomar una Corona para ti. Cuando regreso, te mando toda la informacion que tengo. Pasa una buena noche. Nos hablamos la semana viene. I think I drank too many.

cgland
08-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Someones getting ready for H-2B

Chris

Drafto
08-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey Chris - Mbella and I have been waiting for you to respond to my Contract question a little below this thread? Oh - and I totally agree with you on the H-2B, he lost me at "I will have a Corona for you......"

Dan

bigviclbi
08-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Man must business be good...taking a vacation in august I think that has got to be sacreligious to the hardscaping forum.....

mbella
08-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Man must business be good...taking a vacation in august I think that has got to be sacreligious to the hardscaping forum.....

Vic, with a packed calendar and two good foreman, I could stay away for a month and nobody would miss me (except on Fridays).

neversatisfiedj
08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I wish I had time to drink a Corona - let alone a vacation. Have fun Mbella