PDA

View Full Version : Ground cover removal

pon
07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
I have a yard that is covered with poison ivy, poison oak, Virginia creeper, etc. I have sprayed with Roundup, no avail, maybe too dense. What is the best way to remove them? Impossible to pull, roots are like thick rugs. Took two hours and a lot of sweat to remove a 4' x 3' section. Help! Any suggestions? :dizzy:
Pon

Dirty Water
08-01-2005, 12:10 AM
http://www.agdeal.com/classifieds/dbimages/FarmEquipment/9183245998/MVP12.JPG

Rent one with the biggest bucket you can find.

Chances are the backfill blade will doze most of them up, and use the bucket to clean and pile.

After your done, round-up the ground to keep anymore from coming up.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Lesco Prosecutor (heavy Rate)
Sticker
Scythe

Thatll Smoke Them Weeds !

Gmgbo
08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
bleach works good on poison ivy

Kate Butler
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Bleach?? Tell me more.

The Good Earth
08-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Prosecutor and 2-4d. I did the same thing to a tree line at my folks house to clear it for them and inside of 1 week that tree line was history. I did it in the spring and in the fall my mom planted bluberries. I swear by this mix for non selective destruction. After 45 days you can plant what you want in there.

Don't round up the ground. You have to apply round-up or prosecuctor on growing foliage. Anything with glyphophosphate is not a pre-emergent. Gotta put it on the growing stuff.

Mancinioldhorse
08-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Don't know if you guys have it out there but a product called crossbow will kill the poison oak and ivy and any other woody stemed type of plant like blackberries, etc. spray..wait several days...spray again wait...a few more...rip out.

TURFLORD
08-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Lesco Prosecutor (heavy Rate)
Sticker
Scythe

Thatll Smoke Them Weeds !
Prosecutor and Round-up are the same thing... Glyphosate, which stinks on any kind of ivy. Use a post emergent broadleaf weedspray such as Lesco Momentum for the ivy mixed with Prosecutor for the grassy weeds. Oh yeah.... after everything dies, go rent that track hoe.

jebbster007
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
never tried this but what due broad leafs herbacides due to it? :cool: :cool: i dont get the stuff so never really had that problem. i could eat it