PDA

View Full Version : Getting gid of clovers, How?

mcwlandscaping
08-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I know that i am not liscensed to do anything with it but is there any off the shelf stuff that would work to get rid of clovers. If no products, what procedures owuld be nessesary.Thanks!

mcwlandscaping
08-01-2005, 03:57 PM
nevermind, i remebered to do a search and found needed info, thanks anyway!

Chris Wagner
08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
At least here in Illinois, you can't spread any pesticide no matter where you buy it if you are doing it for money. (Can't even legally apply a Scott's product if a customer is paying you.)

But, since you asked, if you're looking for the homeowner solution, I've had some success with this Ortho product... I've since moved to Lesco commercial quality products.

http://www.ortho.com/index.cfm/event/ProductGuide.product/documentType/product/category/%2FCategories%2FProducts%2FWeed+Insect+and+Disease+Control%2FLawn+Weed+Control/documentId/9e2d5f64991f7617aece73345d0d74a0

arborist-28
08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
ya i would suggest ortho products to a homeowner...clover can be a tough customer though ...c

CuttingCrew
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I used Ortho clover mixed with Weed-be-gone (directions for mixing are on the back of the clover controller).
One application, clover gone. Haven't seen any in my yard in a year and a half now.

Mike

p.s. Stick with Ortho products and NEVER apply to someone else's property till you are properly licensed.

mcwlandscaping
08-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey guys thanks for the posts. Just ot let you know, they just ask if i could find some products that would work well for them to put down. Not me, i hate the stuff anyway and deffinatly wouldn't do it without a lisence. My neighbors wil appreciate this very much. Thanks Again, i think they will go with the ortho clover and weed b gone mix, thanks!

Diveguy
08-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Great HO mix for clover, oxalis, ground ivy, almost all broadleaf weeds in general. NOT for crabgrass although if you added 1oz of MSMA it would probably put that away as well although I prefer Drive 75 - Quinclorac for crabgrass.

1oz Weed-B-Gone (2-4-D)
3oz Brush-B-Gone (trichlopyr)
3 Gals of water in a pump sprayer (small areas) or use a hose-end sprayer at the correct setting for larger areas.

It's pretty much what the commercial Turflan II product is except for the dicamba in the weed-B-gone. There are many product combinations of the 2,4-D and phenoxy type post emergent herbicides. For real bad clover you could mix trichlopyr and clopyralid (confront).

Don't apply in very high temps you may burn-up both the weeds and surrounding turf grass that's already stressed by the conditions.

Bob

mcwlandscaping
08-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks Everyone!