PDA

View Full Version : Snow holding you back?

dmk395
03-08-2001, 10:15 AM
Last year I was able to start my first spring cleanups on March 12, along with a big advertising kick. However this year I have a foot of snow on the ground, I am hoping it goes away quick. Any one else having the same problems?

OBRYANMAINT
03-08-2001, 10:18 AM
yes i got into a few the past weeks but also have snow down now thats what is hard in spring and fall each day could be sooo much different, plow one day and clean up leaves the next

BobR
03-08-2001, 10:39 AM
Got 2 ft on the ground (snow) looks like it will be a while before I get to exercise the lawn rake and trac vac..
They are forcasting another 4-8 inches of white stuff for friday, at least my blowers are getting a workout this year.
Bob

joshua
03-08-2001, 02:22 PM
i started my clean ups in the last week of feb. but now we got 3 inches of snow, its suppose to be around 50 this weekend. hopefully it all melts and i can get back on track.

dmk395
03-08-2001, 09:26 PM
Heck I havent picked up a rake even since december, been snowing on and off here.

HOMER
03-08-2001, 09:35 PM
Uhhhhhhhh nope
can.t say Ive seen any
not lately anyway
saw some of that on the news once
hows it taste anyway
gotta love this green grass down here
nothin like the smell of fresh cut grass on a warm afternoon
that scent tends to linger in the air as it gets towards sundown
8.5 inches of rain last week sure helped too
supposed to rain tomorrow, one can only hope
that creates the need to go out and cut some more green stuff next week
I.m really loving this
Yall have a nice night

Eric ELM
03-08-2001, 09:48 PM
Don`t rub it in to much Homer or I`ll have to wish your dress blows over your head and knocks your pretty hat off. :D

I envy you being out there mowing Homer. Don`t make us all so envious that we all move to southern Bama.

Yardworks
03-08-2001, 10:05 PM
To much snow for me to start thinking of actually working on lawncare. Much of my mowing equipment is in a shed in the back of property with about 18" of snow on the ground to try to get through. It's going to be soon though. Just bought a new 200 gallon sprayer today. Until grass I've become very creative in services to sell. Tommorrow I'm going to be taking a water pump to several accounts to get rid of 6" of water that has no place to go. Surrounded by 12' snowbanks that are slowly melting and adding to the problem.

HOMER
03-09-2001, 06:27 AM
Look at the bright side, you have a second income and one that is less labor intensive than mowing. All we can push down here is cold weather in the winter..........not much demand for that.

slabpile
03-09-2001, 07:31 AM
we have so much snow i have not even got mowers out to start getting them ready yet. buying new one this year and cannt even get dry ground to try it!

TJLC
03-09-2001, 07:34 AM
Homer pleeeeeeese send some of that rain down here. It is soooooooo dry. The warm weather doesn't do any good without any wet stuff. I have yards I have not mowed since Dec.