PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan

matth04
08-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have a Nissan Titan? I bought one last November, everything was fine until the brakes started acting up. They vibrate the whole truck and sound like they are grinding. I have not had time to take it in, but today I was talking to a guy who bought one 2 months ago, he has 900 miles on it and his brakes were acting up. He told me that Nissan is issuing a recall. Has anyone else had this problem? or heard of the recall?

QualityLawnCare4u
08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Matt, go the www.edmunds.com and do a search on Titan brakes and you wll find out more than you want to know. I drove the Titan and personally did not like it at all and Im a Nissan person. The Tundra was MUCH quieter and smoother than the Titan, but thats just my .02 worth.

out till dark
08-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I got mine in feburary put 5000 miles on it and the front rotors needed turned
I've put 5000 more miles on it and they need done again.It's a pain in the arse but other than that the truck is great.

Emerscape
08-04-2005, 12:30 PM
not to start anything..... take a look at the Dodge full size pick ups if you get sick of your titan.. I know the titan has a lot more flash to it .. but my 2003 Dodge 2500 quad cab has over 63,000 miles on it with the original pads and rotors. I brought it in at 50k and the mechanic said everything was half worn. I drive it pretty hard ( its got 35" BFG ALL terrains ) and was towning a 10k lb skidsteer trailer 4 days out of the week for work not to mention my plow.... just a thought.. good luck with your truck...

J.Alexander's Landscaping
08-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Does anyone have a Nissan Titan? I bought one last November, everything was fine until the brakes started acting up. They vibrate the whole truck and sound like they are grinding. I have not had time to take it in, but today I was talking to a guy who bought one 2 months ago, he has 900 miles on it and his brakes were acting up. He told me that Nissan is issuing a recall. Has anyone else had this problem? or heard of the recall?

I have an 04 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab, the brakes started doing the same thing for me in march (21,000 miles). I took it to the dealer then and they said "no problem, we know of the issue and its under warranty" - they fixed it in 2 hours and sent me on my way. Its now August (31,500 miles) and my brakes are starting to vibrate again, the dealer tells me this is being reported as a continuing problem by people who tow alot (even tho i have their "big tow package"). Needless to say, the truck is going back in on Tuesday to get this worked on again, lets just hope it gets fixed this time.

Alex Weishaupt
J.Alexander's Landscaping
Jackson, MI

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-05-2005, 08:24 PM
DO YOU HAVE A 3 STRIKES LEMON LAW THERE ? IF YOU LIVED IN PA OR JERSEY THEN ONE MORE TIME AND THEY WOULD OWE YOU A NEW TRUCK !!!

SO MUCH FOR MY BUYING THE PATHFINDER ARMADA I WANTED...........I AM SURE IT IS BASED ON THE SAME PLATFORM AS THE TITAN. :angry:

DID SOMEONE SAY THEY HAD A DODGE WITHOUT BRAKE PROBLEMS ????
SOUNDS LIKE THE PREVIOUS OWNER PUT ALL AFTERMARKET PARTS ON YOUR RIG................ANYONE I KNOW THAT HAS BOUGHT A NEW DODGE IN RECENT YEARS HAS LEMON LAWED IT ON THE BRAKES GOING BAD JUST LIKE THE TITAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT . DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE THE DODGES.....JUST THE AUTO TRANSMISSIONS AND THE BRAKES RUIN AN OTHERWISE GREAT TRUCK.

lawnmaniac883
08-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Sounds like warped rotors to me. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC, have you ever driven a dodge before? The dang things can stop on a dime, nevertheless, all manufacturers have their problems, but I know several people that are getting 100,000 miles out of FACTORY pads on their dodges. The auto trannies arent that bad, just the torque converters suck... least on the dodge cummins diesel, you dont get defueling before shift into 4th like on the chevy/duramax/allison combo. Oh, we all thought that allison was a great tranny didnt we? LOL...REAL ALLISONS DONT HAVE PARK!

Patriots
08-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Same Issue - problem is that the rotors are too small for the truck, add in towing and we have a problem Houston. Mine where completely changed out with the "New Style" Rotors last month. 1000 miles so far no problem, yet. Salesman at the dealership said that 3 people have filed suit against the dealership - all big tow package all "fixed" 3 times

Randy J
08-06-2005, 08:55 AM
www.nhtsa.dot.gov is a great website to check for recalls, technical service bulletins, and customer complaints. You can even file a complaint - your's may be the one that creates a recall. Manufacturer's, all manufacturers using thiner and thiner rotors that are more susceptible to warping. And once a rotor's been turned, it's much more susceptible to warping.

Emerscape
08-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I guess i was more suprised than anything with my brakes on my dodge. Ive been relatively happy with the truck howver have started to experience other problems.. but thats also becuase it gets worked everyday.. after this winter of plowing i had to replace the whole front end.. luckily it was covered under warrenty.... all in all... for the money ive spent and the money this truck has made me ... its definetely been worth it

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Sounds like warped rotors to me. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC, have you ever driven a dodge before? The dang things can stop on a dime, nevertheless, all manufacturers have their problems, but I know several people that are getting 100,000 miles out of FACTORY pads on their dodges. The auto trannies arent that bad, just the torque converters suck... least on the dodge cummins diesel, you dont get defueling before shift into 4th like on the chevy/duramax/allison combo. Oh, we all thought that allison was a great tranny didnt we? LOL...REAL ALLISONS DONT HAVE PARK!
YEAH I DROVE DODGES AND THEY RODE NICELY SOUNDED GREAT AND TURNED LIKE MY HONDA PRELUDE BUT ALMOST EVRY DAY THERE WAS SOME PROBLEM FROM HUBS TO BRAKES TRANSMISSIONS ETC. BUT THEY GUYS AROUND HERE LEMON LAWING THE TRUCKS ALMOST ALWAYS COMES FROM BRAKES OR TRANS PROBLEMS. JUST CALLIN EM AS IVE SEEN EM. LIKE I SAID I LIKE 90 PERCENT OF THE TRUCK..............JUST HAS TOO MANY EXPENSIVE QUIRKS FOR ME. IF I DIDNT NEED A 4X4 I WOULD JUST BUY AN ISUZU NPR AND BE DONE WITH ALL THE BS WE PUT UP WITH FROM THE BIG THREE AND THE CRAP THEY GET AWAY WITH.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-06-2005, 11:46 AM
And Yeah I Know That Isuzu Is Gm Owned Now, But The Engineering Is Mostly From When Isuzu Was Independent.

DanaMac
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Bought one 2-3 months ago and love the tuck. I did here about the brake problem and mentioned it to the dealer. There were aware of it, supposedly will be changed on the '06, and will be recalling all the older ones later this year.

Bot so far ai love the truck. Tows great, nice and roomy, it's quiet to me, lots of bells an whistles on mine.