PDA

View Full Version : Adding a light duty rig

BSDeality
08-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm looking to add a light-duty truck. I recently purchased an 05 F350 ext cab/long bed diesel. Its an awesome truck, no question, but i've already racked up 3800 miles on it with the various driving i do for business and frequent road trips. Diesel has been coming down in recent days, but i'd like to go with a 4cyl truck for small work that i do as well as estimates/etc.

I'd like to add an old 85-91 Toyota 4cyl/ 4x4/ 5spd. I've heard they're hard to kill (minus the body). I don't mind spending a day or two doing some patch welding and painting to the cab. I was planning on adding an alum. flatbed to replace the bed to maximize space and capacity for light duty projects.

Insurance and fuel costs should be minimal for this truck, which is why it is so appealing to me. Anyone have any opinions on the trucks, motors, things to watch for?

OrganicBob
08-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Toyota makes a good truck. Dependable, hard to kill.

Toy2
08-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Toy all the way, my 96 is doing fine pulling both traliers, I'm sure if I got another truck it would be a Tundra, I would keep the Tacoma and replace the bed with something like JustMowit has....just my 02...plus i think my truck is still worth around 8 or 9k and its almost 10 years old..... :D