PDA

View Full Version : racks

logan
08-02-2005, 05:31 PM
For anyone with an enclosed trailer. I am going to be picking up my new 8x20 enclosed trailer in a few weeks. In the trailer that I have now, I only have trimmer racks. I am going to be putting a backpack sprayer rack and two blower racks on the wall. I also was going to put some sort of gas can rack in it(since I carry 5, five gallon cans of gas and 8, one gallon cans of mix gas). I just wanted to know where they should be mounted for convienience and efficiency.

Runner
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Why in the world do you carry so much gas??? That is crazy... you are a rolling bomb. 5 5gallon cans? For what? You can't possibly put that much equipment in that trailer to require that much gas. I think i would rethink my fueling strategy and refuel a little more often and carry less quantity. This will do 2 things...Give you much more room, and it will make you MUCH safer.

i_plant_art
08-02-2005, 07:40 PM
not only that but how often do u use that 25 gallons of gas.......... if not very often it could go stale quickly causing carbon deposits in the carbs/engines..... esp 8 gallons of mix dang thats alot....... why not just carry a gallons or two and re mix during the day if need be? anyhow just my thoughts

logan
08-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Well I have a 52 with a 23hp kawi engine that I mow 60 lawns with about 20 hours a week. I also have a 36 stander with a 17hp engine that gets about 10 hours a week. They both use a lot of gas and I don't like to have to stop in the middle of the week (for efficiency purposes) in the morning because everyone else does that, or in the evening because I am pretty beat and it's late. So, if I can spend 20 minutes every other week getting gas that is a good thing, I feel. As for the mix gas. I think that the little cans are easier to handle. I think, also, that my old boss used to carry about twice as much as I do and I got into that same pattern to a lesser degree. I was not aware of the carbon buildup situation though. That is something to consider.

logan
08-02-2005, 09:07 PM
But my original question was where is the best place to put sprayer/blower racks in an enclosed trailer?

nobagger
08-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Dido thats a lot of "incase" fuel. Fuel left in a can will only last for at most up to 3-5 weeks why bother with all the extra hassel of refueling with cans

jimslawns
08-02-2005, 11:37 PM
I built my own blower rack, I will get a pick, very simple mounted to wall, gas can (1) 5 gallon mounted on tounge of trailer, (1) 2 cycle inside trailer near trimmers.

Intend when time permits (and it cools off some) to build racks for sprayers.

Scag48
08-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Mount the sprayer/blower racks on the wall.

logan
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Mount the sprayer/blower racks on the wall.
I thought that I would mount them on the wall too, but I was wondering if you would mount them one on each side or both on the same side. I will have a 61inch z in the back. So would you mount them on the wall in the back above the Z?

smcguirt
08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Who makes the racks and can you post some pics if possible?

Thanks,
Shawn