PDA

View Full Version : Need Crabgrass Gone ASAP!

mcwlandscaping
08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey i got a question about crabgrass on my own property. This year we have done all nessesary preemergints and everything but we still got crabgrass. I looked at a couple products and the two on top were Ortho Weed B Gone
and MSMA

Price is not an issue, i just want to rescue our lawn! If you can let me know the best of either of these or any other off the shelf Home Depot products it would be helpful. I want them gone ASAP. This is for my OWN lawn, not charging notin', no liscens needed! Thank YOu very much in advance, sory this is so long! Alredy did search on site but didn't find any of it helpful.

br1dge
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
weed be gone will not do it. MSMA is your best bet for Home Depot products, or Drive75 if you want to spend a little more and do it right.. MSMA will likely yellow the grass some also, drive75 to a much lesser degree. Drive also seems to make the crabgrass turn purple and shrivel, rather than bright yellow liek MSMA - dont know why. Lastly, MSMA will burn turf at hot temps, drive wont... God Luck

mcwlandscaping
08-02-2005, 10:21 PM
br1dge, thank you. Where can you typically get Drive75 and for how much? Thanks

Grandview
08-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Lescos have Drive. About 120.00 a pound. Also 1.5 oz containers for about 20.00.

mcwlandscaping
08-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Thank you all very much, i love our lawn and hated to see the crabgrass start this year. You have been so helpful, will post to let you know my results.

GREENITUP
08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
MCW, The previous post is right on about using Drive 75 instead of MSMA (MSMA = "liquid fire") - but you can get it for less than the Lesco price.... Ebay stores sell it for $89 and if you have a local Farmers Service or Southern States - it's $85/lb. (at least it is in my area). You will need some sticker with it - the label suggests meth. seed oil. Good luck.

mcwlandscaping
08-03-2005, 11:17 AM
ALright guys, we don't have any of those placs and have called every place in the phone book. ANy moree store suggestions for the Drive75 retailers? Thanks, also, i couldn't find it on ebay stores! online anywhere!

MrBarefoot
08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
ALright guys, we don't have any of those placs and have called every place in the phone book. ANy moree store suggestions for the Drive75 retailers? Thanks, also, i couldn't find it on ebay stores! online anywhere!

If you really looked and looked and came up empty handed, then perhaps you can consider getting some company to do it for you.

Just a suggestion.

mcwlandscaping
08-03-2005, 03:29 PM
hey guys nevermind, found a lescos near my house. Also, i can buy it online too. Thanks again for all you help and i can't wait to see the crabgrass go!