PDA

View Full Version : MAC Software!??

Groundcover Solutions
03-08-2001, 05:57 PM
Do any of you guys know of any companys web sites that would make software for a MAC. I am talking about programs like grounds keeper and lawn monckey, Neather of thoughs seem to have a mac version. Any help would be great!!!
Thanks

Skookum
03-08-2001, 09:16 PM
Is your Mac a older one? I thought Apple made the Mac's all Power PC compatible. I thought somewhere around Mac OS 5 or 6 they could run IBM programs?

If not and your system is a older one, I believe there use to be some software or a add on card that would simulate a IBM PC and run the IBM software.

gusbuster
03-08-2001, 11:51 PM
Have you ever checked Apple's web site or any of the mac forums?

Groundcover Solutions
03-09-2001, 08:38 AM
I have a new mac!! a g3 power book and i put some of the demo stuff on it and could not get it to work. I will keep looking though!

swonkeg
03-09-2001, 09:48 AM
Hometown - Look Into A Software Called Virtual PC.
I Have Used This Software On My Mac At Work To Run
PC Programs Like Lotus 97 . It Will Open A Window On Your Mac That Looks Just Like Everyone Elses PC

diginahole
03-11-2001, 10:28 AM
MYOB Accounting is a great and inexpensive package. I useded it on my old mac and now use a newer version on my pc

GotToGoMow
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I've seen a couple lately that I think work on Macs.
We've been using http://www.lawnaid.com on my ipad. It will work on a mac, pc or whatever.

No real complaints. They have a trial of some sort too but without looking I can't remember if it was free or not.

Hope that helped.

Gecko Lawns
10-30-2011, 02:26 AM
I've seen a couple lately that I think work on Macs.
We've been using http://www.lawnaid.com on my ipad. It will work on a mac, pc or whatever.

No real complaints. They have a trial of some sort too but without looking I can't remember if it was free or not.

Hope that helped.

I would not recommend Lawn aid. It is not that well written and has a lot of problems. There is a lot of better software out there.

Jobber
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I would not recommend Lawn aid. It is not that well written and has a lot of problems. There is a lot of better software out there.

Speaking of better software - Jobber is pretty amazing stuff (plus it's web-based so it works just as well with Macs as with PCs). I know, I'm biased... but seriously, over the time I've worked for the company I've had to do extensive research on the competition and I've come to the distinct conclusion that they're all lacking. Jobber does everything an on-site service company may need it to - Jobber does what the competition does and more, only way better. Check us out at www.getjobber.com and let me know what you think.

Turf Management
12-30-2011, 12:52 AM

I just mentioned LawnAid in another post and had to do a search to see if anyone knew about this company when I came across this post.

I would agree that there have been some problems with the software. I think it is a new company but these guys have been great for me. They have been continually updating and adding new features to the software as time goes on to improve the great product they already have.

If you want a feature that isn't there, just email them. There are about 3 great features for this software that I recommended they create. Within a couple weeks they rolled out an update with all my suggestions done. I've asked for a couple more things as the year goes on and every time, they change the software at my request. Quite a stand up company if you ask me. Check them out as they offer a free trial too! I never used another software so note that I have nothing to compare LawnAid to.

rocked
02-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Stay away!!!! This company is non responsive and should be shut down. I have invested over a month trying to integrate and make this software work with my business and it has done nothing but frustrate and waste my time.

kawakx125
05-16-2013, 09:22 PM
the only thing i hate about jobber is that i cant just buy it, after a few years i could have purchased a program and a whole new computer. if i could just purchase it and be done i'd buy it in a heartbeat

Jobber
05-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey kawakx125: Glad to hear there's only one thing you hate about Jobber ;)

The reality is simply that modern, quality software is just not made to be installed (or 'owned') any more. The trend towards hosted/cloud software has been building for many years, and has now fully caught up with the small business world.

No modern software companies that are doing good work are looking to continue building or supporting their on-premise solutions into the future. There are plenty of relevant examples (even in this space) of companies that have failed to adapt and all but disappeared as a result. You won't likely get any support or updates to your on-premise/'owned' software in these scenarios.

There are simply too many advantages to cloud based software for both the maker and the customer to ignore. Hosted software has already taken over in most progressive, forward thinking industries, and it's almost there for the field service space as well.

We have an old blog post talking about some of this stuff (http://blog.getjobber.com/2012/01/why-should-you-care-about-cloud-computing/), but I also have a new contributor post being published soon specifically addressing these issues and more in a lot of detail. I'll be sure to circle back and post a link when it's published.

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

rocked
03-18-2014, 10:35 AM
The problem is every time you add a new feature it's an additional cost. You should provide a feature rich product with a fair monthly cost so a small business can be successful. Try a tiered system based on number of clients and it would then allow every user to benefit from the full feature suite and be charged based on the size of their business which will support more expense on a recurring cloud based system because their own recurring revenue is increasing.

Locqus
03-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Locqus runs on windows, mac, android, and iOS perfectly. Our entire platform, including all features, is completely free. Scales with you as well.

Jobber
03-18-2014, 12:56 PM
The problem is every time you add a new feature it's an additional cost. You should provide a feature rich product with a fair monthly cost so a small business can be successful. Try a tiered system based on number of clients and it would then allow every user to benefit from the full feature suite and be charged based on the size of their business which will support more expense on a recurring cloud based system because their own recurring revenue is increasing.

The only time a new feature would come with an additional cost is if it is an add-on. We do have add-ons that are free and the others are a small amount.

The cost of Jobber is kept low so that anyone can get it, and the add-ons are not needed by everyone so it is made optional if you want to use them.

A large amount of people use no add-ons with Jobber, and as their business grows from being more efficient, they want to add more functionality and use the add-ons to do that.

-Landen

rocked
03-18-2014, 12:58 PM
@ Locqus: Too many bugs!!! I really can't believe you are advertising this with the flaws it has right now. Must be new to the scene, how long will it remain free I wonder.

rocked
03-18-2014, 01:06 PM
@ Jobber: I bet more of the small business owners would choose to use them if they were included from the beginning. It's not a small fee when you start adding another 3-5 dollars per month times 3 or 4 "add-ons". I only suggested a very reasonable solution, but understand it would not generate as much upfront revenue for your company so i can see why you would choose the a la carte method.

Jobber
03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
@Rocked: Its definitely not a bad idea at all and I understand what you mean. Maybe once we see almost everyone using a certain add-on, we could just integrate it directly so its no longer an add-on.

I believe when Jobber launched it had a tiered approach to pricing. We tried to keep it simple but still flexible with the new system but we always open to different ideas. We will always be learning and figuring out the best way to do things.

-Landen