PDA

View Full Version : appearence and money

joshua
03-08-2001, 05:17 PM
i'm sure we all have noticed that everyday when we go out and cut or landscape that we stop at a fast food joint and eat lunch. right? and slowly we gain weight, not at first but in time we do, and by mid july we don't have as much energy, and we aded a few pounds. plus after spending $4 or $5 everyday we notice that we have to cut a extra lawn to make up for our lunch every week.

how many guys do this? i know i do.

what if we didn't stop and packed a lunch and din't spend that extra $4 or $5 dollars and put it in our pocket. and ate better food out on the job, we would have more energy and more money in our pocket.and we wouldn't have that extra weight and our apperence would be as bad. apperence is %50 of what we do and the rest is cost.

RYAN
03-08-2001, 05:31 PM
5 subs with 5 grams of fat or less. Course they still cost money.

A good thing to do is drink water instead of pop. First off it is free, second it is better for you, third the carbonation in pop slows you down.

dfor
03-08-2001, 05:33 PM
I pack a lunch every day. I figure that if I have time to stop and get lunch I'm losing one small lawn service per day. Think what it costs you then.

LoneStarLawn
03-08-2001, 05:38 PM
As much physical labor that we do...weight does not become an issue for us..

Eric ELM
03-08-2001, 05:41 PM
We go to a resturant every day for a late breakfast or lunch. It gives us a break and a lot better meal for us than a fast food place. I figure I can take out time to go get good fuel for my equipment, I can also get some good fuel for my body too. When I was younger, I could run all day, but I am slowing down now. ;)

awm
03-08-2001, 05:43 PM
Joshua,my problem is losing wt.Ihave to stay above185 or I lose strength.Winter is the time I put on wt.

joshua
03-08-2001, 05:44 PM
i was gunna do the packng a lunch thing and once and while, stop at a fast food place.

keep the replies coming

Ssouth
03-08-2001, 05:59 PM
very seldom do I eat fast food for lunch. Most of time I only eat a snack (cheese crackers, sardines, etc.) Although, during the very busy months I pack a lunch. Since hiring my first employee last month I have also decided that I will be packing a lunch for him also. Since I can not pay him as much as I would like to I figure it will be a nice gesture.

P.S. My wife actually makes the lunch, she says I do not eat enough during the day and is more than happy to make me a couple of sandwiches as long as I bring home an empty cooler.

joshua
03-08-2001, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by awm
Joshua,my problem is losing wt.Ihave to stay above185 or I lose strength.Winter is the time I put on wt.

my i need to gain some weight i only weigh 160. but i posted this not for me but for the other guys and about saving money on a needless expense. also, we our judged by our apperence physiaclly and what kind of work we do.

also, year round i hit the gym 5 times a week this helps me out in the strenght department. it helps out a ton.

accuratelawn
03-08-2001, 09:57 PM
Time is money. We eat while driving to accounts. Lots of water, fruit, bag lunches.

dmk395
03-08-2001, 10:07 PM
Its nice to stop and eat, but to tell you the truth I would much rather eat something quick in the truck, because whenever I sit for more than about 10 minutes, it takes 10 more minutes just to get back up.

geogunn
03-08-2001, 10:17 PM
no way do I gain weight in the summer! I drop weight big time! I know where every lunch food bar is in this town. most waitresses call me by name! I know what I'm going to have for lunch every day by what day it is, because I know where I am going to be at lunch time. I slug down the calories cause I don't want to loose too much of this manly tool shed physique!

GEO

Acute Cut
03-09-2001, 11:14 AM
AMEN to that Geogunn! Keep preachin!

Skookum
03-09-2001, 12:40 PM
I do not eat when working. It ends up making me tired a few hours later. I might take a banana or a pack of cheese crakers along on a extra long day, but I usually stay away from food during a working day.