PDA

View Full Version : Relationship with your dealer!!

AllSeasonsAllReasons
03-08-2001, 08:36 PM
Stopped up to see my dealer today just to talk look around!! He took me out to lunch!! I thought that was pretty cool! What are some of the nice things your dealers have done for you??

joshua
03-08-2001, 09:37 PM
granted i have spent around $30,000 in the past 4 years, he has gave me a ultra vac system at very close to cost, plus he always knocks off money on anything. plus lunch one time.

mowing king
03-08-2001, 09:55 PM
I was in my dealers wedding party. we spend about 30g a year with them and they are good friends now. when i was in a car accident the owner was the first one at the hospital to see me. even before my family.

mowerman90
03-08-2001, 09:56 PM
Let's see, what has my dealer done for me lately. Considering I've bought over $20,000 in equipment over the last couple of years from him and won't even go into another dealer, even to look.

1.)He charges me full retail pricing for everything I buy.
2.)He makes me pay shipping for special orders.
3.)His lovely wife, who works the parts counter, always greets me with a cheery hello (NOT!)
4.)He basicly treats everyone who enters his shop the same way because he more or less has a monopoly in this area.

These reasons are why I laugh every time I see someone say how we should all support our local dealer and not buy online. I'm here to say that when I need another $8-$10,000 mower, I'm gonna buy it online if I can and set it up myself.

Runner
03-08-2001, 09:57 PM
Does free coffee count? lol!

Island Lawn
03-08-2001, 09:59 PM
I dont know my dealer that well. Just their reputation.

They started carrying eXmark a few weeks after I started looking for one. They already carried Stihl.
I was their first eXmark sale (48 Metro HP)

Now they are helping me find leads! LOTS of them.
They seem very interested in my business success/continued patronage.

These people are VERY busy! I am by no means their largest customer, but they give me their full attention when I walk in. They make me feel like an important customer

geogunn
03-08-2001, 10:04 PM
my local dealer, lesco, treats me with respect even though I am a small timer.

they call me by name when I come in and do their best to educate me to the products they sell that will take care of my needs.

and they make sure my lesco 48 is running good eventhough I bought it used from another cutter. and for that, they just might sell me a new mower when I am ready.

good, bad or whatever...I have to give them a thumbs up.

GEO

SDF250
03-08-2001, 10:08 PM
my dealer is a real good guy very quick to get your mower back to you thanks to not having any space to keep it don,t know about the prices but he is the small helpfull biz you would hate to loose

cleancut
03-08-2001, 10:24 PM
I have about 5 different dealers...The best one is my Gravely dealer...If I have a problem with one of my mowers, he always finds time to look at it even if he's covered up...He's also given me parts that are not covered under the warranty, such as belts and springs...I've bought 4 mowers from him and will continue buying from him in the future....It's the little things that count..I try to carry that same philosophy over to my business.Derrick

lawnboy82
03-08-2001, 10:48 PM
my dealer?
well what have they done for me?
this past year i spent 15,000 with them. they dont pressure me for money, but they really dont have to anyways. the father always buys me lunch when i go there which is like 2 or 3 times a week sometimes pizza, other times chinese, other times italian. i am welcome at all of their homes whenever i am in the area. 1 of the guys there so far has fed me when i am at his house and has so far given me 1lb of jelly beans which has lasted me a good 2 months, 1 large box of russel stovers chocolates, and 2 lbs of venesin,
what else? the parents feed me all the time. (homemade italian food) they give me descent breaks on everything i buy. a lot of stuff i get for free, (small stuff), one guy there has a turf runner (owns it). one day i hurt my hand. so he gave me the machine to use as long as i needed it for, sure made life easy there for a while. i work for all of the

BEST PART: I SPENT THE 15,000 WITH THEM THIS YEAR, IN RETURN THEY GOT ME A GOOD 20,000 IN WORK.

they may be crazy, but that is another good thing. i can go there to buy things, or just to watch the show.

Acute Cut
03-09-2001, 11:02 AM
Lawnboy82:
Do your parents own the local dealership? hehe

I wont go into alot of detail about my dealer. I have spent money with him and he knows that because of his super service i will always come back. I started out spending maybe 1000$ there and i know i spent about 15,000$ last year. Other than the fact that we are more on a "friends" basis now, i cant tell any difference in the service. I come in and get what i want and go out. I get fast service and some advice. Heck, when i sold some of my extra equip, i went to him and he sold it for me with NO $$ into his pocket. He knows that i will turn around and put it back into his pocket too i guess. Heck, he is the only real person around that gets as excited about mowers as i do.

There is not enough i can say about my dealer. (I LOVE YOU MAN! hehe) Anyone heard the song about the little man by some country singer? Good song that makes a good point. I have mowed my dealers lawn when he goes on vacation (Per my choice of course), i have a magnet on my trailer that says that i get Service & Equipment by so and so. And last but not least, i am going to take a pic of them to put on the web site so people can see whom i use and perhaps get him some more business. I just wish there was more i could do for them. Maybe ill name my first kid....... hehe

Have a good one yall, and keep on supporting them "little guys."

Hunter Landscape
03-09-2001, 12:14 PM
dealer here.......sux!

someone could buy this place out, treat people as they should be treated, work hard, and make a damn good living.

hmmmmmmm......sounds like an idea.

lawnboy82
03-09-2001, 12:52 PM
people of much craziness:
they are not my parents, however the family has adopted me. i am welcome at all of their homes. and also i forgot to mention this:
i am looking at this truck right now they want 48,000 and i am having some problems getting financing for it. the father of the people of much craziness told me that when i go to buy that i have to bring him up there. you see the people of much craziness are the largest dealers in my county and the one that the truck dealer is in. just one of the father's customers buys about 10 trucks from these guys a year. they get along very well. so it would be a good idea for the truck dealer to give me the truck i want or they may just lose a large customer, and then some. the people of much craziness love me. they are my best customers next to the congresswoman. so i really cant complain.
VIVA OSSINING LAWN MOWER!!!

dhicks
03-09-2001, 06:28 PM
I have many great dealers to work with. All are helpful and really take care of this customer. My Toro dealer (Lawsons in New Market, MD) has been in business since the mid-1950s and keep me up todate on sales, specials, services, etc. The service dept. is second to none. Can I go elsewhere and save some money? You bet, but they are the best service folks around and they make sure I'm up and running quickly when something goes foul.

geogunn
03-09-2001, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by cleancut
I have about 5 different dealers...The best one is my Gravely dealer...

CC I assume you are refering to L&M? he has a great operation and is the whole reason that this is about a 75% gravely town! I stop in there quite often.

GEO

kutnkru
03-10-2001, 12:04 AM
and basically not much more.

I like the crew they have, and they are usually in a good mood. The best thing is that if they dont have the parts in stock, we can get a loaner for the downtime.

The other thing is, at the start of the season they float us some extra revolving credit, because we always pay up w/in th first 45 days of the season.

Kris

cleancut
03-11-2001, 08:57 PM
Yeah Geo I was just in there on Friday...I had a problem, or so I thought, with my pro150...Herschell took care of it and I was on my way...He's a great guy...If I have a problem, I just drop by and they usually stop what they're doing to see if they can help me out...Wayne the mechanic is a good guy too...It's a long drive but worth it...Luckily I was out on Chapman Hwy. when I had the problem and didn't have far to go..Derrick