PDA

View Full Version : Trimec Plus and Perma Green

MrBarefoot
08-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Has anyone sprayed Trimec Plus with a PG?

How did it work?

Did you get even coverage?

Did the pump handle it?

Did you get control of crab grass?

Did you get control of nut sedge?

Did your lawns show some yellowing?

Thanks in advance.

ant
08-05-2005, 06:58 AM
dan: never in the pg unit but Trimec Plus in the pump up sprayer will take out cg but a few apps. needed..

lush&green
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Dan, have you tried it in the Perma Green? I was wondering too because the label states to use it in a gallon of water or more. Tim

lawnservice
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
the 'plus' in trimec plus is MSMA and I'd be concerned with the low water volume.

Lush states the label recommends a gallon or more (thats per 1000 sf i assume) Soooo, that rules out the PG, right?

J Hisch
08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
why would it rule out the perma green, you would mix in a larger tank and use the nurse tank set up. Then your in business.

Enviro Green
08-23-2005, 11:02 PM
I am not crazy about MSMA for crab control, or for nutsedge control for that matter. I would not spray MSMA out of my z-spray, unless I was ready for the burn you will most likely see.

EG

Killswitch
08-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey not to hijack but what are those Z sprays going for. Sr and Jr.

Turf Troll
08-23-2005, 11:11 PM
The label states for use under 80 degrees . I am waiting to use it, probably this week.

Enviro Green
08-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Jr with options 8K and well worth it.

EG

lawnservice
08-24-2005, 08:27 AM
why would it rule out the perma green, you would mix in a larger tank and use the nurse tank set up. Then your in business.
if the product label states 1 gal per 1000sf (i dont use the product so i dont know the label, i'm just going by what another member stated was on the label) And the PG treats about 4000 sf with one gallon.......then you'd be breaking the law, right?

cp
08-24-2005, 09:33 AM
The label on Plus says that you should not use the product if you can not live with stress. It will yellow up the lawn. If you can stand it the lawn will come back.

MrBarefoot
08-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Dan, have you tried it in the Perma Green? I was wondering too because the label states to use it in a gallon of water or more. Tim

I have not tried it, and I don't think I will.

The label does say that you need one gallon per 1000, but I was curious to see if anyone was using it anyway.

We made do by using hand cans of Drive and Manage to treat the crab and sedge. Since our air temps have been so high for the last few weeks, Trimec Plus wasn't really an option anyway.

lush&green
08-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I am tempted to try it on a lawn that is covered with crabgrass but I just don't think I will. Might try it on a part of my lawn but that might be it. It is getting cooler here anyways so the results might be ok. My PG ultra treats 3k/gal

MIDWEST25
08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
I have sprayed my own mix of trimec and msma in our pg and got yellowing in the tire tracks only.I use more msma in mine than tr plus.Smooth turf tires might stop that but i doubt it.If the pg sprayed off the back instead of the front it would probably be ok

weedmaster
08-25-2005, 10:02 PM
I have put MSMA in my PG. It worked perfect for me but I think its a bit risky for High end yards. I used 16 oz MSMA in a full tank on an 85 degree day and used the nozzles for High Gear but rode in low gear. This gives you much more water that you need for this. It fried the grassy weeds without hardly yellowing the grass. The trick is to fertilize simultaneously. The will think your magic. You can use a little liquid ferromec to help with the greenup also.