PDA

View Full Version : Paver Patterns

Bobcat s250 NY
08-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Are there any websites that show how to make different patterns with different size pavers. I have a customer that likes this 4.5 inch by 6 inch stone from Cambridge. They want a herringbone design for the walkway. The only thing i have made a herringbone pattern with was a 4x8 Holland stone. is it possible with this stone? Anyone have pics of something similar?? Thanks guys :blob3:

hollywood
08-05-2005, 06:53 PM
To get a true herring bone pattern, best results are achieved when the pavers used are twice as long as they are wide. That is why the 4" x 8" works perfectly. Using a paver with the dimensions you described will leave square gaps every couple of pavers. Several weeks ago a client wanted the same thing with 6" x 9" cobbles from Pavestone. I laid several mock courses to show her that it would not work since she was not convinced it wouldn't work just by my verbal explanation.

Most paver manufacturers include laying patterns and styles in their product catalogues and websites. I am not familiar with Cambridge products.

Good luck with your project.

Rex Mann
08-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Herringbone with a 6X9 done all the time here, Phoenix.

Peace,

Rex

PaversInstalled.Com (http://paversinstalled.com)

Bobcat s250 NY
08-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Rex will it be the same thing. I have done a herringbone with 6x9. Thanks for the pic. :cool2:

Dreams To Designs
08-06-2005, 01:01 PM
You can do a modified herringbone with 6x9 and 6x6 pavers. Very tight and just a little different than the traditional herringbone. EP Henry lists patterns and formulas on the website, under contractors.
http://www.ephenry.com/Contractor/Literature.asp?ParentLiteratureCategory_ID=1

Kirk

mbella
08-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Bobcat, it will be the same thing. A 45 heringbone and a 90 heringbone utilize a rectangular paver. It will work with any rectangular paver. You can't do the modified as it utilizes a rectangular paver as well as a square paver.

Bobcat s250 NY
08-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you for all of your input guys. Hope everyone is having a good year. :cool2:

UNISCAPER
08-07-2005, 06:17 PM
How far are you from Brewster? Unilock has a huge plant there, and you can get their design disc to load on your computer. they used to be free. On the disc are all sorts of patterns, products, etc. Even though Unilock is not out here I still use their disc to sell work. STS rated for sure.