PDA

View Full Version : Help me get rid of bermuda grass

Mowgli
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I have an area about 700 -800 sqft that i killed of bermuda grass(w/Round up). A few weeks ago, i power rack this area to get rid of dry roots so i can sod it this fall. And now dead roots are gone, but the bermuda gass start to come back!They are 10 to 15 of them in various spots. Everytime it rains i will see new one come up. It is almost Fall and i want to sod my yard! What will it be the best way for me approch. Should i wait until i get rit of it complately and sod the area next year? If i sod it now will it kill of the new growth bermuda grass?

Mowgli
08-05-2005, 09:40 PM
No one has any input on this?

out4now
08-05-2005, 11:07 PM
You didn't kill it. Bermuda is HARD to kill off completely. Its the majority of what we have here. Everytime you chop up the rhizomes and stolons you're only promoting the growth. Keep spraying it and it will slowly disappear. Don't till up your soil anymore until its gone. How much active ingredient is in the Round up? Are you using the cheap homeowner stuff or the higher active ingredient? That makes a big difference. If you bought it from Depot/Lowes what color is the cap? If its Red ain't going to work on common or giant very well. As for sodding over it I wouldn't do it if you don't want it to come back.

Lawn Sharks
08-06-2005, 07:37 AM
since it is only 800 sq ft I would spray with Round Up one more time and cover the whole area with black plastic and don't remove it till fall.