PDA

View Full Version : uniforms what do you wear?

joshua
03-08-2001, 10:23 PM
i have my company wear jeans always. t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, and sweatshirt. all with my company name and phone #. how about you guys?

GREG R
03-08-2001, 10:30 PM
We do the same thing except no phone #
on the shirts, really don't see a need for
the phone #to be on the shirts, it is on all other advertizing.
crew wears jeans (shorts or long pants)
I wear tan pants to set me apart from the crews.
Sometimes that not a good thing.

Runner
03-08-2001, 10:48 PM
Jeans and embroidered company shirt. Creme color with forest green collars and sleeve bands. During the hot weather we wear Kacky colored shorts or a somewhat darker or medium green canvas type shorts - cargo style.

joshua
03-08-2001, 10:52 PM
greg and runner you guys have never hit yourself in the leg with i trimmer in shorts? i know thats why i stay with the jeans. plus i hate the feeling of grass on my legs.

1MajorTom
03-08-2001, 10:55 PM
I think comfort should be a major factor in choosing what you wear.

For us, long sleeves are just too hot. And jeans just do not seem to give and move as easy as khakis.

So it is t-shirts with our names on them and khakis for Matt, shorts for me.

CommercialCuts
03-08-2001, 10:57 PM
Company Name and persons name, light green with dark green stripes. Shorts or jeans, must be clean, no religious wear.

GREG R
03-08-2001, 11:00 PM
Nope...can't say I have ever hit myself with the
weed whipper but have caught a stone or two in the
legs but not very often. We also wear work boots 6" or 8" high, and steel toed
Some people don't like them but its a safety thing with
me.
Shorts are just alot cooler!

Runner
03-08-2001, 11:16 PM
Once in a while. Try W.E.Chapps. They have these great chaps - easy on easy off with velcro. Padded shin protectors and keeps your legs AND shoes clean from grass.

OBRYANMAINT
03-09-2001, 12:28 AM
jeans and embroiderd polo ...sometimes we wear shorts but prefer long pants for the protection

GreenQuest Lawn
03-09-2001, 12:46 AM
Your legs get used to the dings and dents from flying debris. Unless of course its lava rock. OUCH! We wear shorts (when its warm enough) Black jeans (when its cold) Grey shirts with company name. and in the cold the forest green car-hart coat with our name. and of course we have long sleeve shirts for pest. apps.

HOMER
03-09-2001, 07:22 AM
Down here we wear camo pants, camo shirts, camo hats, gloves. We camo our trailers, trucks, and equipment to. It.s a redneck thang, you wouldn.t understand!

Ask Moonarrow, I bet they do it in Lousiana too!

Green Finger
03-09-2001, 07:26 AM
Don't know Homer.

We wear company shirts with comos too. Think we cousins?LOL

HOMER
03-09-2001, 07:34 AM
My Daddy is a truck driver............anythings possible!

mowerman90
03-09-2001, 07:42 AM
Hey Homer, do you wear greasepaint to camo your face too? How can your customers find you to pay you when your standing there among the clippings? LOL

I wear Jade green shirt with logo above pocket, matching hat w/logo and grey jersey shorts, and Hi-Tec work boots.

sgreanbean
03-09-2001, 08:19 AM
dan homer i did ten years in the marines, got tons of cammies you can get for real cheap! we wear light gray shirts with logo on back, shorts/jeans as needed. sweatshirts as needed

SJR Lawncare
03-09-2001, 08:43 AM
I wear grey t-shirts, & sweatshirts with my company name on the front & LAWNCARE & phone # on the back. In hindsight, I wish I didnt put the phone # on the back. I think it looks stupid & I dont think Ive ever gotten a phone call from it. If potential customers are that close to me, why wouldnt they just talk to me???
Live & learn

SJR

syzer
03-09-2001, 09:22 AM
We bought about 20 different shirts last year all embroidered. They are awesome we got the white gulf type shirts, we got some munsingwear shirts and tee's a couple pull over hoodies and a bunch of sweatshirts.

This year I am going to make a slight variation in design of my company emblem and register it, then I am going to place an order for some tee shirts and some gulf shirts in teal green to match our trucks lettering with black embroidered name and a color symbol.

I wanmted to wear khaki pants however i am afraid of some nasty grass stains, so we may use jeans. We shall see the season will tell =).

Greenkeepers
03-09-2001, 10:59 AM
We wear khakis and green shirts w/ white writing. Some guys wear jeans because they like them better. But it's always professional looking and not jeans down to their knees...

Acute Cut
03-09-2001, 11:05 AM
Steel toe 8" boots, jeans (carpenter preferably), royal blue shirts with white writing, and of course blue hearing protection with eye protection as well. I am surprised that NO ONE mentioned that the safety gear was part of thier uniform. LOL>

joshua
03-09-2001, 11:46 AM
yea steel toe shoes are a must!!

HOMER
03-09-2001, 12:17 PM
Ya.ll don.t even think like us southern boys. If you wear the camo uniform I have described it makes peein in the bushes a piece of cake!

Eric ELM
03-09-2001, 12:19 PM
You can just lift up your dress a bit Homer. :D

KirbysLawn
03-09-2001, 12:38 PM
That was good Eric. :D

Tee shirts with logo embroidered & shorts/jeans. Hats with logo also due to balding head. http://www.unionturf.com/boid.gifhttp://www.unionturf.com/crying.gif

joshua
03-09-2001, 01:19 PM
homer thats funny, have you ever did that.lol

Green Finger
03-09-2001, 01:24 PM
Hey Eric, I think that one was a three pointer! LOL

jcoat
03-09-2001, 01:32 PM
One company I read about in WalkerTalk had a different-colored hat for their site foremen. This helps customers identify who to speak w/ if they have questions or comments. For example, the laborers wear green hats while the foreman wears a white hat. All w/ logos, of course... I only see this as a timesaver and a differentiator for the guys who have earned the right to be foremen (a pride kind-of-thing).

kutnkru
03-09-2001, 02:43 PM
After skeelos post we are going to catch up with the times:

Halter tops, daisy dukes, and steel toed combat boots with white ruffled socks LOL.

Actually we wear Khaki pants or shorts, or denim depending on wheether they are grounds maintenace or landscaping.

Ashe grey shirts with blue bands/collars and the logo imprinted on the back w/phone number and the logo over the hearton the front(no pockets).

We also mandate that steel toed shoes be worn when mowing. And will reimburse them for half up to $75.

Company hats are available for those that wish and bandannas and head bands are forbidden.

We also provide Carhartts which are going to be embroidered this season and sweatshirts depending upon the season as well.

Kris

BobR
03-09-2001, 03:41 PM
We (me myself & I) wear 8 in boots, blue carhart jeans (reg), grey top (sweatshirt or t shirt or longsleeve shirt), baseball cap, hearing & eye protection.
I have never owned a pair of steel toed boots but I think that will be my next purchase (being able to walk is a wonderful thing).
Bob

Jerrys Lawn Service
03-09-2001, 05:12 PM
We run a bright red F250HD, a bright red 16'open trailer,
bright red tee's and sweat jackets with company name and logo, no phone number. We don't want to be over looked!

Good Luck!
Jerry's Lawn Service

Atlantic Lawn
03-09-2001, 05:24 PM
Tan shorts or pants, work boots, white socks,white cap and white polo shirts with company name on back. Mine is Carolina Blue of course...

HOMER
03-09-2001, 05:38 PM
You guys wearing the white Polo shirts must have some pretty clean lawns! I can.t seem to wear them in the middle of July.........way too hot for ol Homer. We go sleevless by that time with company name on back and phone #. We have had red, too hot, yellow, too many wearing yellow, last year went with ash colored. For some reason it didn.t show as much dirt and was definately cooler. Blue jeans for me, steel toed ankle boots and Elvex safety glasses..............oh ya, we leave our guards on!

mmorgan
03-10-2001, 12:06 PM
I use red colors too. Seems everyone is using green, tan or a shade there of. Red shirts with Grey lettering in the spring and fall and Grey shirts with Red lettering when it is hot. Jeans or Shorts if it is too hot. Neat appearance though. Clean cut and shaved as well. You can put a nice uniform on a scruffy looking employee and it still looks bad. You can't polish a turd!! Mirror finish safety glasses too. They block ths sun and protect the eyes at the same time.