PDA

View Full Version : Need help developing a fertilizing schedule for customers

Emerscape
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Ive decieded to develope a fertilizing schedule for my customers. I obtained a schedule from Lesco however it seems that thier material costs are extremely high. Ive always used lesco but only when i worked for someone else. Can someone please help me set up a schedule and give advice on what product i should be using. Is Lesco much different than Scotts? it seems that Lowes has Scotts for a whole lot cheaper than the lesco material howver they have different chemical compositions. I live on the south shore of massachusetts ... thanks in advance for any help

LwnmwrMan22
08-05-2005, 05:31 PM
If you were pricing 1 ton truck, with whichever diesel option that company provided, and compared it to a gas conserving 4 cylinder car, would the price not be dramatically different??

You pay for what you get.

Buy the Lesco or comparable product.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Lesco Can Be Pricey, But They Offer Great Products And The Knowledge Of How To Use Them. That Being Said I Would Shop For Comparable Prices. Sometimes A Call To Lesco Corporate Can Get You Better Pricing ........lesco Has Some Wacky Stuff They Do. You Can Get An Account Through Corporate ..........includes Your Own Guy That Will Give You Pricing Etc..........but Your Local Service Center Guy Might Throw You A Lttle Attitude About It. They All Work On Volume And Dollars Sold......so Even Lesco Centers That Are Close To Each Other Tend To Get Territorial. By Looking At Your Customer History In The Computer The Know What You Purchased And Where For How Much. Dont Lock Yourself Into Lesco ..........shop Around......use Lesco Pricing As A Guide But Dont Be Surprised To Find A Better Deal On A Comparable Product.

NattyLawn
08-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Showcase...I've read a lot of your posts saying favorable things about Lesco, and maybe they're good in your area, but most of the ones I've visited are LCO's that went out of business and are just after a buck...I went in to buy an O ring for my chronically leaking backpack sprayer, and he's telling some guys its OK to out down 20-10-10 in the 90 degree heat and we haven't rain in 2 weeks....How many pallets you need?

LonniesLawns
08-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Check out this thread -- one of the best

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87799

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Showcase...I've read a lot of your posts saying favorable things about Lesco, and maybe they're good in your area, but most of the ones I've visited are LCO's that went out of business and are just after a buck...I went in to buy an O ring for my chronically leaking backpack sprayer, and he's telling some guys its OK to out down 20-10-10 in the 90 degree heat and we haven't rain in 2 weeks....How many pallets you need?

POINT TAKEN....AND AS I POINTED OUT SOME OF LESCO ADVICE IS AIMED AT SELLING YOU MORE PRODUCT, JUST AS A DOCTOR AND PHARMACY WANT YOU SUCKIN DOWN MORE PILLS........THAT DONT MAKE IT RIGHT THOUGH. YOU HAVE TO HAVE EITHER THE EXPERIENCE OR THE CONFIDENCE TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT. I NEVER EVER BELIEVE MUCH OF WHAT I AM TOLD. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH IN THE APP GAME.....THATS WHY IN OUR STATE YOU NEED A LICENSE NUMBER ON THE TRUCK TO DO WHAT WE DO.
SOME OF THE LESCO PEOPLE JUST DONT REALLY HAVE THE EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE WHO YOU ARE TAKING ADVICE FROM BEFORE TAKING ALL THE ADVICE AS GOSPEL.
BESIDES THAT THERE ARE OTHER COS TO DEAL WITH.......REED&PERRINE, MOYER, PFI......TWIN LIGHT/UHS WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLING THEMSELVES NOW.......... THE NORTHEAST HAS A LOT OF GREAT SUPPLIERS AND DONT FORGET THE GUYS AT PENNSTATE AG EXTENSION AND FOR NJ THE RUTGERS AG EXTENSION ........ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME A GREAT DEAL OVER THE YEARS .

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Besides If You Ever Read The Lesco Label Or The Invoice You Will See That Even Though They Make Very Good Products That Once It Leaves Lesco It Is Nmfp..............not My F******* Problem For Them As You By Signing The Invoice For The Product Agree To. You As The Licensed Applicator Are Bound By Law To Follow The Label And Not Verbal Advice.
Suppliers Wether It Is Depot Or Lesco Provide The Bullets And The Gun..............the Applicator Pulls The Trigger. Joe Home Owner Or Joe Landscaper Most Dont Know/dont Care About Rates Or Labels Or Anything They Just Want To Do It Now.