PDA

View Full Version : Paying an employee...easy question

LawnBoy89
08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Ok I did a landscape job, I had to make all the calls, I used my equiptment. It was $200 dollar job and my friend thinks that after halfway burning out my clutch pulling out 2 large bushses..using my trailer and truck, my gas and it is my business and my friend thinks we should go half and half. He has no overhead, at all, and he thinks that I should make less money after I pay for all the gas and everything and that we should go straight half and half. Can someone please tell me and him that his request is ridiculous.

Dirty Water
08-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Why is this in Hardscape?

Why did you only charge $200 for a landscape job?

Does your friend work for you? Or are you partners?

EDIT: Oh, youir 16...nevermind on all of those except the first one...

*walks away whistling*

LawnBoy89
08-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Well I was a little hot that my buddy thought I was going to split half with him so I may not have picked the correct forum, if you don't have the education to answer the question in this forum I'll go into the other one. I paid the dam kid 16 an hour.

cgland
08-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Apparently YOU don't have the necessary education to know where to post your threads.

Chris

Smitty58
08-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Regardless of age, you and your friend should be able to talk this out. Any reasonable person would understand your side ,however if not simply tell him fine here is 50% and I won't be needing your help anymore. Learn from it.

kootoomootoo
08-06-2005, 03:37 PM
http://crfreestyleracer.tripod.com/crfreestyleracerswebsite/id6.html

kootoomootoo
08-06-2005, 03:41 PM
16 and we aren't educated........?
http://crfreestyleracer.tripod.com/crfreestyleracerswebsite/id9.html

Pretty much about me

The last thing I am going to say before I die is: "Watch this"

What school?
I go to Notre Dame High School. The only good thing about it is that it has some pretty good dances. Other wise it is horrible, no girls, TONS of homework, alot of tests and quizes, lunch is about $1000 for a french fri and it's just boring. Wearing a shirt and tie all day is fun, though. Yea alright.. Well, I guess I should look on the good side, IM GETTING A GOOD EDUCATION!!!!! YAY, I KNOW THE SQUARE ROOT OF 2X SQUARED TIMES 25Y TO THE 5TH POWER AND YOU DON'T HA HA HA !!!!

Do you play any sports?
Well, a couple years back I played football (which believe it or not I was pretty good at). I was only good because I played for a while. I also played basketball but I SUCKED at it. And I played baseball but I sucked at that, too. Next year I am thinking about playing football again but I better start gaining some weight.

Do I like anyone?
**** yea, I'm in love with someone but they couldn't give 2 shits about me so it sucks really bad. I seriously don't know what to do. I'm just gonna say it: I LOVE GINA (big, bold and proud) even though I shouldn't be proud because she would rather eat **** then go out with me but that is how life is so I'm just going to say **** it. I'll never feel the same way about anyone else and I know this for many reasons, one being because I've always liked her, since the day that I saw her. Gina something about you just makes me feel like I never have before EVER. I just want you to know that I would do ANYTHING for you, it will always be that way, just remember that. And I would just like to say one thing, for those of you who don't think I'm in love, **** you because I know for a fact that I am . I have really liked girls before but NEVER have I felt this way for a girl, and straight out, I probably never will.

bobbygedd
08-06-2005, 03:44 PM
listen kid, if i could be 16 again, i'd be a billionair by the age i'm at now, 40 yrs old. a bit of advice, first off, crack the other guy upside the head, he's not officially on your timeclock, u aint even old enough to have a timeclock. second, friends will come and go, but mostly go. money, money is the name of the game. u want to hire help for the day, make sure everything is discussed before hand, and preferably, a written agreement. you are 16, u got the world by the b@lls, don't blow it

LawnBoy89
08-06-2005, 03:51 PM
LOL...that website is about 3 years old and my friend made it. I couldn't even begin to make a website and when I first registered on lawnsite I had it which was a good time ago.

LawnBoy89
08-06-2005, 03:55 PM
My friend helped me for 4 hours and hes crying about $80, that is $20/hr. He works for his uncle sometimes who pays him $6/hr. so I told him is he isn't satisfied with $20/hr. then he can go back working with his uncle for $6. He isn'y even a good friend of mine anyways it's just that the job I had was right down the street so I figured get the closest person I know and he lives closeby so I chose him to help me. It's all straightened out now anyways thanks for the help.

RedWingsDet
08-06-2005, 06:31 PM
you should have had an aggrement before you had him help you. Like $8-$10 an hour. I just boosted two of my guys pay up to $10 an hour. One is 21 and the other guy is 18. I have other people I can call if need be, but they only get 8 an hour, and they realize even though they might do most of the work, its my equipment, truck, ins, etc. and they are still making money. A few times ive sent some guys home because they've got smart with me. However, some advice, dont hire freinds, I did that last year and didnt work out well. Try to get some different people with some landscapeing background (thats what I did), one of my guys worked for a big landscaper for 3 years until they stoped paying him overtime so he left and came to work for me. All the guys who work for me understand their pay and what is expected of them. Some more advice make sure you are charging alot.