PDA

View Full Version : Roundup marker

Tharrell
08-06-2005, 06:03 AM
I recently sprayed a gravel parking lot and a marker would have been helpful.
Is there a marker of some kind I can get? What works for you?

out4now
08-06-2005, 02:42 PM
You mean like this? http://www.beckerunderwood.com/products/hilight.shtml
available most places. Even a do yourself pest control place should carry it.

ArizPestWeed
08-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I use Blazon Blue , washes right off , the others take hours or a day or so to get off the hands ..
Don't buy it at Target , it's $50.00 over suggested retail there .
Verdicon sells it as well as others

Ric
08-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Tharrell

I find Food Coloring from the SuperMarket works fine.

ArizPestWeed
08-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Ric is joking , I hope .
Food coloring does not work and would cost $500.00 a gal or what ever .

Ric
08-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Ric is joking , I hope .
Food coloring does not work and would cost $500.00 a gal or what ever .

Airhead

I seem to remember you making some ridicules post and my calling you on it. Now you hold a grudge and Like to try and pound me. Grow up Lad. Your very reply makes you look like an Idiot. Try $ 0.05 not $ 500.00

SodKing
08-07-2005, 06:12 AM
I use Blazon Blue , washes right off , the others take hours or a day or so to get off the hands ..
Don't buy it at Target , it's $50.00 over suggested retail there .
Verdicon sells it as well as others

It would appear that you are not qualified nor licensed to apply any control product (or offer advise here) as if it ends up on your hands you are not following the label. Where are your gloves?

bushtrimmer
08-07-2005, 08:22 AM
It would appear that you are not qualified nor licensed to apply any control product (or offer advise here) as if it ends up on your hands you are not following the label. Where are your gloves?

Is the Dept of Agr really that tight with regulations in NH. Here they might say something if ur wearing tennis shoes, definitely for no shirt.

Ric
08-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Is the Dept of Agr really that tight with regulations in NH. Here they might say something if ur wearing tennis shoes, definitely for no shirt.

Bushtrimmer

It is called PPE or Personal Protective Equipment and is listed on every pesticide Label. BTW "the label is the law" and should be the first thing learned by anyone who applys pesticides.

ArizPestWeed
08-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Ric , Ric , Ric , I simply stated that you must be joking , that is a fun and lite hearted statement trying to show you how you too can be nice .
Calling me and many others an idiot , moron and a jackass is simply being a internet bully and a punk of sorts .
I guess I should tell you now that Iíve received about 10 emails over the past 6 months from those who agree and thank me for throwing it back in your face .
Youíve done it to countless people here .
You have the appearance of someone being highly experienced and educated in this industry until you become abusive & attack those who are just trying to figure life out .
There are more constructive ways to deal with people who are lacking in experience .
If you continue to be ugly and abusive , Iíll continue what Iím doing with you.
You know you been warned before about your abuse and some day youíll be blocked from here because of it .
Iíve never viciously attacked you first as you always have done to others , undeserving so. .
Iíve only done similar things to you after youíve done so to me and others and you know it .

As for the label for Blazon , I had to look to make sure before I wrote this , it does not have any PPE , but , the MSDS does mention gloves if you are exposed to it a lot and is up to the handler .
Iím unable to manipulate the twist off lids on my .5 gal tip and poor containers with gloves and yes I am licensed in g. pest , turf & ornamental and weed control in Az.

Ric
08-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Ric , Ric , Ric , I simply stated that you must be joking , that is a fun and lite hearted statement trying to show you how you too can be nice .
Calling me and many others an idiot , moron and a jackass is simply being a internet bully and a punk of sorts .
I guess I should tell you now that Iíve received about 10 emails over the past 6 months from those who agree and thank me for throwing it back in your face .
Youíve done it to countless people here .
You have the appearance of someone being highly experienced and educated in this industry until you become abusive & attack those who are just trying to figure life out .
There are more constructive ways to deal with people who are lacking in experience .
If you continue to be ugly and abusive , Iíll continue what Iím doing with you.
You know you been warned before about your abuse and some day youíll be blocked from here because of it .
Iíve never viciously attacked you first as you always have done to others , undeserving so. .
Iíve only done similar things to you after youíve done so to me and others and you know it .

As for the label for Blazon , I had to look to make sure before I wrote this , it does not have any PPE , but , the MSDS does mention gloves if you are exposed to it a lot and is up to the handler .
Iím unable to manipulate the twist off lids on my .5 gal tip and poor containers with gloves and yes I am licensed in g. pest , turf & ornamental and weed control in Az.

AirHead

I am not diplomat for a living and have no trouble calling a Fool a Fool. Many call me the Cantankerous old guy because I don't kiss butt. My value comes from WHAT I know and not WHO I know. You are pulling at straws. Although the Label for Blazon might not call for PPE the same as Food color requires no PPE; the chemicals they are mixed with do call for PPE. Either put me on your ignore list or get over the fact you made a foolish post and I pounded you for it. The more you try and get even, the more you show your ignorants. :waving:

ArizPestWeed
08-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Is there something for me to get even with , Ric?
You stated it , not I.
You must think there is a reason why I want to get even, are you feeling guilty .
I'll continue as long as you continue to bully others here at Lawnsite .
It's uncalled for .
I'm sure you don't treat others that way in person .
If you did ,you'd most likely have 2x4 imprints on your face , or do you ?
No , probably not , you've found a place where people can't get to you so you feel free to do as you wish , being a bully here at Lawn site dot com .

And I know you have to respond , you can't help yourself , so , go ahead .
As Bill O'Rielly says , " I'll let you have the last word "!

bushtrimmer
08-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Bushtrimmer

It is called PPE or Personal Protective Equipment and is listed on every pesticide Label. BTW "the label is the law" and should be the first thing learned by anyone who applys pesticides.

I equate my statement to 'I don't drive exactly the speed limit, maybe 5 or 10 over and don't get pulled over,' are the troopers that to the letter of the law that they would cite me there in NH?

SodKing
08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Troopers No...but the state pesticide control board would. They cited me once for not watering the lawn after the application as it stipulated on the label to do so.

The PCB not withstanding it should be in your best personal interest to reduce your risk to wear the proper PPE.

bushtrimmer
08-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Troopers No...but the state pesticide control board would. They cited me once for not watering the lawn after the application as it stipulated on the label to do so.

The PCB not withstanding it should be in your best personal interest to reduce your risk to wear the proper PPE.

That's a big difference from here I think.
Question: Is it really our responsibility to actually water? I leave watering instructions for the customer and leave the responsibility to them.
BTW - Sodking, I don't mean to be coming off argumentatively.

lordohturf
08-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Try Tracker dye from Lesco. I hope this is poitically correct.

SodKing
08-08-2005, 05:55 AM
That's a big difference from here I think.
Question: Is it really our responsibility to actually water? I leave watering instructions for the customer and leave the responsibility to them.

That was my argument to them as well. I quoted the general pesticide rule that said an application for hire was a contract between the homeowner and the applicator to apply a control product in exchange for payment. I stated that thee were two parties involved and that it was the homeowners responsibility as part of the application to water. Just because the watering was taking place at a time different than immediately after the application did not mean that it was not being done at all. I also asked if they had observed the property for the duration of the application, the time from application of product to the end of watering. They answered no therefore I questioned how they could say that it had not been done.

Their view is that there is no difference between not wearing PPE and not watering, the label still was not followed and therefore a violation occurred.

ArizPestWeed
08-09-2005, 04:38 PM
This is such a nice read , I thought I'd bring it back to the top

ArizPestWeed
08-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Again..................................................................................!

Tharrell
08-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I contacted Beckerunderwood and they replied asap. I can get it at Southern States.
I have another question about the dye. Does it permanently stain your backpack tank?

ArizPestWeed
08-10-2005, 07:14 PM
No , of course not , it's temperary .
If you use Blazon Blue , you'll like it more , alot more .

quiet
08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
"Many call me the Cantankerous old guy"

. . . and some call you cantakerous!