PDA

View Full Version : SRW by the main road

neversatisfiedj
08-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Have any of you ever installed a SRW by the roadside ? I am wondering because of the winter, I don't want a county snowplow truck to push snow agaist it and damage it. I thought of this of course after I got home from the estimate, but I don't want to turn off the customer from getting it done either. Any one have this dilema ?

cgland
08-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I would just overeggagerate every aspect of the install, maybe even include some grid. Just make sure that you have a block or two buried and you are well compacted behind the wall.
P.S. Include in your contract a provision for just such an occurance.

Chris

mbella
08-06-2005, 07:42 PM
What Chris said. I wouldn't worry too much about what the township does with the snow. If they damage the wall then so be it. It's not your fault. Also, if built correctly, I highly doubt they could damage the wall unless they actually hit it with a plow.

neversatisfiedj
08-07-2005, 10:54 AM
agreed - I know it wouldn't be my fault but I would feel bad after someone putting out 6k and losing some of their investment. Thanks guys

steve in Pa.
08-07-2005, 11:15 PM
you may want to check with local township right aways before building. we installed a wall that had to be at least 9' off of the road. This was a rural side road. All townships rightaway's are not the same!

cgland
08-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Good point Steve!

Chris

neversatisfiedj
08-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Will do - This wall will only be about 3 feet from the main road. It will replace a combonation of concrete and feildstone walls that have probably been there for 50 years and are failing.