PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a LLC to aerate your yard

plow kid
03-09-2001, 01:45 AM
This may be stupid but;
There is a "verry small" local LC advertising aerating for $35 for up to 15,000 sq ft, hell I cant to it for that cheap by renting a machine , Would it look bad if they came by to do my yard and saw my 2 company trucks sitting in the drive
[one is being worked on and the other is my daily driver]
then they would think they are doing it for too cheap if another lawn company hired them, this seems like a good deal because my lawn is the better of 15k/sq ft.

Runner
03-09-2001, 02:04 AM
If you want it done, and it's that cheap, go for it! See what they use first, though. There's no sense in having it done if they are using some rinky dink spike aerator or something. When they are done, tell them that you only do it for whatever price you get.

plow kid
03-09-2001, 02:06 AM
they got ryan core aerators and I think it is a good deal

Runner
03-09-2001, 02:17 AM
ONE thing about these guys - you could make a bunch of money off of them. Set up your customers, have them do the aeration, pay them out and bill your customers. Just that easy.

lbmd1
03-09-2001, 06:56 AM
I wish we had that guy up here! We will perform over 80 aerations this year at an average of over $150 per 5-7500sq ft lawns. We could hire him out and make over a $100 per aeration while relaxing with some Rolling Rocks. Maybe Lawnboy got tired of mowing lawns and is rolling out a new special: aerations.

MIke

NateinAtl
03-09-2001, 12:25 PM
Don't knock these guys too bad. That is how I started my own business. I was a sales rep for a lawn care company and got fed up. So I bought a Ryan aerator, put out signs and flyers and went to work. In all actuality, I am going back to that type work this year. I'm only going to mow 2 days a week, and do aerations/aeration and seedings/lay sod the other 4 days. Of course we have about 20 weeks worth of aerating down here, and my prices are much higher than the $35 advertisement these guys are giving. My prices range from $50 to $250 for aerations only--no seed. But hey, these kids are doing a good job. I wish I would have done aerations when I was in college.

gusbuster
03-09-2001, 12:34 PM
What they are probaly doing is getting a bunch of clients lined up, rent the equipment, then do the job.

Because of the size of the yards I do, I purchased a turfco 20 inch aerator. Between my clients, my dad, and uncle clients(around or over 900 houses)it was easy to promote my aeration service. I just started leaving flyers with my own and fathers clients. Out of that bunch, I so far have 30 jobs lined up at an average of $40 per client.This is only in a 2 1/2 week period since leaving my flyer. Why didn't I do this service before? None of the local LCO provide this service. It is going to be an uphill battle to get people to have this service done. My next project will be to push it among the other LCO's in our Basque community. What I am charging: $40 up to 600 square feet, $50 up to 900 square feet, over 900, $50 base fee and $5 per 100 square feet over 900. Aerating is easier than instlling lawn which was my bread maker for me.

John