PDA

View Full Version : Most Efficient Leaf Clean-Up/Removal Method?

Howie's Lawn Care
08-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking about doing leaf clean-up this fall because I will actually be driving very shortly before the leaves start falling. I just got a Shindaiwa EB630RT and I have the other small blower listed below. I am pretty much rendering the Weed Eater blower useless for leaf work. I'm pretty tight on money for extra equipment. I'm focusing my extra money on mowing equipment and advertising for the upcoming year. I could possibly get a simplicity push blower from my dealer that went out of business. He still has stuff sitting in his building. He is completely shutdown but I know him personally, so I could probably get it cheap. I don't really want to go that route, but it does have a 12:1 conversion ratio and a bag on the back. It also has a 6.5HP B&S. same exact model as the one on my Snapper. Will people be happy if you just blow the leaves to the curb nice and neatly or do they want complete removal. Also, if you bag grass, can't you just dump it on the curb and the city sweep truck will collect it. Thanks for any advise guys.

Shuter
08-07-2005, 03:41 PM
My crew - back-pack blowers to clean out the beds, wb blowers to blow to the road, leaf loader to vac into dump trailer. Then one more cut on the lawn to pick-up any lasting debris.

kemmer
08-07-2005, 03:57 PM
well before the leaves start falling, i start cutting shorter and shorter, to, what some would call, prep the area, so the leaves are easier to blow out. then i have guys with backpacks, walk behind blowers, and we blow it all out to the street into piles. If the piles get to big for the blowers, i break out the leaf plow and push them into the street. its nice because all the towns around here pick up the leaves them selves, so u just have to make piles. Then if its alittle rough, will cut, if not we move to the next one.

Shuter
08-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Snow, you are right. As the leaves fall, they get picked up when the lawn is mowed, which makes less work at clean-up time.