PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean up Pricing

Andersonlawnscape
08-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I know come fall this topic gets beat to death, but just wondering what everybody is going to be charging an hour for fall/leaf clean up. I am planning on charging $75 for the first man hour, and then $40 from their on out. I estimate how long the job will take and then round up. So for 3 and a half hours its 4 hours total $195.00. So once everyones plan this year.

bigjeeping
08-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I have no idea what type of equipment to buy for leaf clean-up besides blowers... and you can't do much with blowers. AND I HATE RAKING LEAVES.. so I'm gonna pay the kiddies to do it for me.
I am planning on highering a bunch of High School guys to rake after school for me for $7or8 cash/hr. I'll send 3 guys to each job and charge $70/hour plus $2 dumping fee for each bag we carry away. Does anyone think this idea is unreasonable? I did it this spring for a couple 10-hour leaf cleanups and it worked fine - Only it was 2 guys per job and $60/hour.

Andersonlawnscape
08-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't recomend the cash thing, If you are only using rakes I would only charge around 30 a man hour. Now if thats what you meant by $70 an hour I think that is reasonable. by sending 2 people with rakes for $70. I think you will be doing very good. If you pay them 7 dollars an hour after taxes looking around 10 dollars an hour per kid thats 20 dollars of help and hour after expenses and 12 dollars an hour 32 dollars an hour of expenses including labor you are going to make 30 dollars an hour to do nothing just send them. But remember your portion of taxes.

ALAN'S LAWN CARE
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
i know this is a little off..here is what i use for leaf clean ups..first off i use a hand held blower blow them into a pile close to my rig then i use my chipper to chop/mulch them right into my trailer..my chipper has a chute that folds down to ground then take a rake and just start raking them in..works pretty good for me....

freddyc
08-07-2005, 11:42 PM
i know this is a little off..here is what i use for leaf clean ups..first off i use a hand held blower blow them into a pile close to my rig then i use my chipper to chop/mulch them right into my trailer..my chipper has a chute that folds down to ground then take a rake and just start raking them in..works pretty good for me....

What type of chipper do you have?

ALAN'S LAWN CARE
08-07-2005, 11:49 PM
its just a small one i got from my wifes grandpa..i can run up to a 3" branch in one side of it of if theres alot of small stuff on ground (leaves twigs) theres a hopper that folds down to ground and you can start raking them into hopper...i think he brought it from kmart along time ago...

Brianslawn
08-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I have no idea what type of equipment to buy for leaf clean-up besides blowers... .

walker mowers

MIguy
08-11-2005, 02:31 AM
i have a MTD chipper and thats what i was thinking of doing.i got it free and made $80 the next day.how do get it to blow into your trailer.sorry off topic

ALAN'S LAWN CARE
08-11-2005, 09:07 AM
i built a ramp for my trailer...i run my chipper half way on the ramp just enough so when its running it will throw the stuff up towards the front of trailer..i built my trailer myself its all wood trailer it works good for doing chipping......