PDA

View Full Version : Professional Sample

Jamesgateslandscaping
08-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I will be doing a sample at a local spa/pool shop in the next few weeks. How should I go about desiging it showing all the different materials and designs available without making me poor as I am the one funding it...Gotta spend money to make it though.
Thanks
James :waving:

bigviclbi
08-08-2005, 09:02 PM
catalogs, pictures of your work, and one 10x10 sample of pavers in one design but different colors.

cgland
08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
The way I look at it is that this is your big oportunity to shine. Do the biggest, most colorful, most detail oriented job you can. People will see this and you will get a ton of business from it. We did the same thing at a Red Lobster in our area. We got a ton of calls. Just make sure they are going to allow you to keep a sign on the display.

Chris

Jamesgateslandscaping
08-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I will be putting up a nice pressure treated sign. The owner of the business will recieve a 5% of the sale price (built into my price ofcourse) for each sale that is made from the sample. The sample will be outside of a display qazeboo that they have. Keep the suggestions coming though please, they are very helpful.
Thanks
James :cool:

NNJLandman
08-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I would try to display a small wall, as well as incorporate several paver styles and product colors. Throw some mulch and plants around the area. Make it attractive, bring the customers to it, to see exactely what it is, get them thinking. Do something out of the ordinary, this way they will remember you. Have someone take picture of your work you've done, blow em up onto a large poster stick them by the gazebo along with business cards. On the display list your services and what not. Maybe use left over pavers from another job, wait til your next job, get an extra pallet tack it on the bill. Good Luck

Jeff

Dreams To Designs
08-10-2005, 04:54 PM
In addition to what Jeff has suggested, contact your hardscape rep or supplier. They may like to get thier name out there too and offer materials at a discount or promotion. The reps around her like to get involved and promote their company.

From a design view, try to do the largest area you can and use 1 color & pattern as the primary surface. Pick the most impressive, complimentary color, style and pattern that will make people stop at look at your pavers, remember, they are there to buy a pool or spa. Then create samples to accent or display the differrant styles, patterns, borders and colors to use around the main paved area. See what Paverart wants for one of their designs to add into your work. Their work always impresses and gets attention.

Engraved pavers with your name and number, installed in the display, will be one way of ensuring your sign stays on the job, also shows an additional upgrade service you offer.

Kirk