PDA

View Full Version : Aerate with electric dog fences

The mayor
08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I am starting to see alot of these fences popping up in the neighborhood. I haven't had any to aerate. With season coming up.I am wondering what you all do. Are they deep enough to go over or do you have to avoid them.

stumper1620
08-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I am starting to see alot of these fences popping up in the neighborhood. I haven't had any to aerate. With season coming up.I am wondering what you all do. Are they deep enough to go over or do you have to avoid them.
go to lowes and buy a bundle of flags, get a wire tracer & charge the customer for marking out the wire. or leave in customer hands to mark and take no responsibility, be sure responsibility is signed off by home owner.
I have a tracer so since its a very expensive piece of equipment, I charge for anything i mark out underground. payup

stumper1620
08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I forgot to point out, I grind stumps so my tracer has a double duty, amazing how many phone wires & secondary power lines ( supply to garage or pole barn) run next to or under or thru tree stumps. miss dig doesn't mark secondaries.

greywynd
08-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I've ran across a lot of things (like secondary wires) that I'd love to be able to locate, everyone's memory(including my own) seems to forget where they are very quickly. Where can you find these things? You mention that they're expensive, what sort of price range are we talking about?

Thanks

Gators_Aerator
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
When I set the appointment the questions I ask are "do you have dog fencing" "Do you have shallow wires, such as cable?" IF yes, I ask them to mark them with the flags I provide.

The same question with sprinklers. They know where they are at.

stumper1620
08-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I've ran across a lot of things (like secondary wires) that I'd love to be able to locate, everyone's memory(including my own) seems to forget where they are very quickly. Where can you find these things? You mention that they're expensive, what sort of price range are we talking about?

Thanks
this is the same as the one I have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PROGRESSIVE-ELECTRONICS-TEMPO-521-LOCATOR_W0QQitemZ7704700769QQcategoryZ20542QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

stumper1620
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
here's a retailer of them,
http://www.lashen.com/vendors/tempo/irrigation.asp
$725.00 this makes the 400 on e-bay look pretty good! :D

TOMMY1115
08-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Put the shock collar on, turn it to low and walk. When you get shocked, mark it!! :)

J/K.. Best thing to do is to a wire tracer...

greywynd
08-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Put the shock collar on, turn it to low and walk. When you get shocked, mark it!! :)

J/K.. Best thing to do is to a wire tracer...

I had a customer do that this summer for her dog fence....turned out I still dug through it anyway, because it was about 5' inside the edge of the hole she wanted dug out.

I'd love to get a tracer, but for the amoun t I need it right now, still kind of hard to justify....maybe next year if things expand the same as they have this year.