PDA

View Full Version : trailer floor

Toy2
08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Anyone have ideas for a trailer floor? My open has the wood planks, but after hauling some gravel it was a mess, was dropping rocks for a week after I cleaned it......I did use a large tarp, but didn't help....I saw some waterproof Luaen at HD, thin, about $10.00 a sheet, I even thought of the shower wall stuff??? If I could afford alum. diamond plate I would use that, it has to be thin as I don't want to add extra weight...thanks....or i guess I could Liquid nail the gaps????

Toy2
08-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Anyone have ideas? Let me know....thanks. :)

logan
08-08-2005, 09:21 PM
This may sound dumb, but why not use a couple of pieces of ply wood cut to fit?

tinman
08-08-2005, 10:10 PM
read a post other day about putting Rhino liner or Linex bed liner spray in their enclose trailer. Might work for your floor. You can buy it yourself & roll it on (Auto Zone etc.) cheaper

The Captain
08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Get the cheap plywood, cut to fit, put a plastic tarp under it. When your finished, lift the plywood and remove the tarp carefully and dispose of the chips and dust. What may be lift is not worth worrying about.

I haul rock (crushed stone) and mulch on my 12' and 16' all the time. Just sweep and maybe hose the fines off. No big deal, I don't need it that clean. After all, I don't eat off the deck.

Jim

Toy2
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks folks, the open trailer floor wood must be drying out, it gets a good 1/2 inch gap in some places, then when it rains it closes up...just got tired of dropping rocks everywhere, also do not want to pay for someones windsheild. If I use the thin plywood I will have only 4 small gaps in the trailer compared to what i have now...thanks for the info!! :D

lawnmaniac883
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Another thing you may wanna try is the rubber stuff schools put around the edges of 1'' thick tables, liquid nail it inbetween the cracks?

nhlakes
08-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Assuming the gaps are not huge, stapling heavy duty screen on the gaps from bottom of the trailer should keep the rocks in, not add much weight and would allow the surface water to drain. You could use your blower to blow out the crud in the gaps occasionally.