PDA

View Full Version : Prunning charge...

MRGreenstuff
08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I have a new customer this year who has asked me to cut back three of his large Crape Myrtles, Smallest one being 12' and the other (2 ) over 16'. He would like them cut down to at least 6'. What would be the best way to charge for this, My hourly rate or flate rate? I had planned on using a chain saw for the bigger branchs.

wojo23323
08-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Flat rate. Chainsaw at 6 feet and cut. shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour to cut. Load it up and go dispose of it. $300-$400.

TScapes
08-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Flat rate. Chainsaw at 6 feet and cut. shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour to cut. Load it up and go dispose of it. $300-$400.

Nooooooooo!!!! Don't be another "Crepe Murderer" with a chainsaw!! :cry:

First of all, why does this customer want to prune his crepes now? It'll totally defoliate the tree and you won't enjoy the blooms (if it hasn't bloomed yet). The time to prune crepes like you are talking about is in the early Spring (March). If you do it now, especially with the heat the way it is, it will cause the tree to go into shock and abnormal stress. It can be done, but maybe you should ask why the customer wants them cut so dramatically. Is it a liability isssue? Are they blocking or obstructing something?

If you do need to cut them back, see if you can cut them with a lopper instead of a chainsaw. If they are too large, then go ahead with the saw, just be careful to make a clean cut (jagged will invite disease and insects).

Coffeecraver
08-13-2005, 07:25 AM
http://www.cherylsgardenparty.com/Garden%20of%20the%20Month'04/Crape%20Murder.htm