PDA

View Full Version : double blading for exmark lazer

joshua
03-09-2001, 02:45 PM
i have a exmark lazer z 52" 23hp, and i thinking about double blading. i need some info for this unit if any of you guys have tried it for the exmark.and what combinations if you don't mind. thanks

jason2
03-09-2001, 02:53 PM
Joshua,

Do a search, there are a lot of threads pertaining to double blades. Some regarding the Exmark. I run double blades on my fullsize 52" Lazer with only 18 hp. It works fine. I have tried different blade combos, but I usually use a gator on top and a standard on the bottom. Also have used a mulching blade on bottom with a gator on top, which works nice too.

Cutter1
03-09-2001, 04:03 PM
I have the 23, 52 Laser. I have run the double blades with no problem. I also run the gators on top. If I run the hi lifts on top it makes a lot of deck blow out.

Mid Rivers
03-09-2001, 09:16 PM
I have ran doubles on my 60" lazer. A couple things to remember:
The height of cut is going to be a blade thickness lower than what is showing on your mower.

What you used to be able to go over (without blade hitting) you may not be able to anymore.

If you happen to hit something check the blades because they will not be in the cross formation that you want them to be in.

The existing bolt worked on my mower.

Runner
03-10-2001, 03:31 PM
Solid foil high lift on bottom with a double edge low lift mulching blade on top.

joshua
03-10-2001, 04:23 PM
thanks guys, i'm gunna try it once the snow clears up. either gator on top and high or standard on bottom. and i'm gunna try with a mulcher on top.