PDA

View Full Version : help!!!

heavenlydeere
08-10-2005, 01:00 AM
i need some advice from you squirt and fert guys , we dont spray much of anything , but i have this one account that has 350' of chainlink fence that has about 3' of weeds on either side and its all on old gravel just full of junk, its nearly imposible to trim or mow. i have now used several types of weed killer , grass killer and all veg killer, nothing works, i tried round up and nothing ! now i know i am pretty ignorant when it comes to this, ive always used round up from the local tractor supply stores around my home and it works ok, but not at this property, any suggestions? the cust and myself would like very much to kill everything around the lot so any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

SodKing
08-10-2005, 08:12 AM
My suggestion would be to hire a licensed professional.

Since you are not licensed this will be the extent of my advise.

LwnmwrMan22
08-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Gas, lots of gas, and one match.

I'm sure I'll get "flamed" for this. :p

TURF DOCTOR
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
You might try a tarp or something like that just lay it on the weeds you will have to move it after a few days,we run roundup i never gave gas a thought and a match.

TOMMY1115
08-10-2005, 10:03 AM
If you're looking to kill everything, then use a soil sterilant like Sahara.

Kills everything for a year. Of course, you need to be licensed in order to use it!

Ric
08-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Gas, lots of gas, and one match.

I'm sure I'll get "flamed" for this. :p

The other day I saw a big blow torch in Home Cheapo. It is hooked to a propane tank and has about a 10ft hose. I have something like it and use it to wilt weeds. Notice I didn't say BURN them. By quickly heating them up and just sinching them they will die.

LwnmwrMan22
08-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah Ric -

The sealcoating guys around here use those.

It's a natural (organic) way to get rid of weeds, but I couldn't imagine doing about 2000 sq ft that way. Be tough lugging that 20 lb propane tank all over. :dizzy:

turf hokie
08-11-2005, 07:50 PM
They make a cart to lug that propane tank around. Look into A M Leonard. I saw them in their catalog.

Ric
08-12-2005, 12:52 AM
They make a cart to lug that propane tank around. Look into A M Leonard. I saw them in their catalog.

Turf Hokie

The tank can be tied on your tractor and the framing can be done with out getting up. A fast run by will get a kill in 24 hours. No need to start a fire, but be sure and have a water hose handy.