PDA

View Full Version : Green Coloring in Round up???

Bings
08-10-2005, 08:06 AM
My wife told me she saw one of the large LCO companies spraying Round - Up with a green coloring. I am assuming it's to help you see where and what's been sprayed. Does anyone know if and how they are coloring it.

Thanks

MrBarefoot
08-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Lesco sells a dye that you can add to the mix.

I haven't used it so I can't speak to what difference it makes or how easy it washes off surfaces you don't want stained.

SodKing
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
If you are spraying a lawn, field, or area where you can't easily determine where you have sprayed it works well. The die doesn't last that long.

arborist-28
08-10-2005, 09:16 AM
These highly concentrated, long lasting dye products are mixed with ROUNDUP or other compatible herbicides to color specific areas that have been sprayed. Marking applications increase efficiency and eliminate overlapping or re-spraying...
they fade out in about 30 to 48 hours ...c

MarcSmith
08-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I have my guys use the dye on occassion rings so they can see wher they are spraying. I do not spray dye when I am doing spraying crack weeds. I always hated using it as i always ende dup with green fingers. No matter careful. And you don't need much... either to make a color change.