PDA

View Full Version : Aeration Specials

CutNLawns
08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
When you guys advertise your aeration programs are you offering any specials in your ads? Putting a add together this week and just wanted to see how people were promoting it and if any discounts were offered.

J Hisch
08-10-2005, 08:39 AM
No discounts, but I just got my postcards done, signs are made, I am pushing now through October.

Soupy
08-11-2005, 12:54 AM
When you guys advertise your aeration programs are you offering any specials in your ads? Putting a add together this week and just wanted to see how people were promoting it and if any discounts were offered.

I run a flyer that reads "Aeration $60*" then at the bottom it states that this is for up to 5,000 sq ft. and each additional 1,000 is $10. Usually I charge $12 per 1,000, but I have had a good response with this flyer.

In the flyer I include a couple illustrations and explanations on how aeration is beneficial. I print them in grey-scale to keep cost down since it is a monthly special. The flyer has print on both sides too.

topsites
08-11-2005, 01:07 AM
I run a flyer that reads "Aeration $60*" then at the bottom it states that this is for up to 5,000 sq ft. and each additional 1,000 is $10. Usually I charge $12 per 1,000, but I have had a good response with this flyer.

In the flyer I include a couple illustrations and explanations on how aeration is beneficial. I print them in grey-scale to keep cost down since it is a monthly special. The flyer has print on both sides too.

OMG what part of the country are you in???
Aeration for me starts at 45 ... usually, grass-cutting fee + 10 for regulars, +15 for new / one-timers.
But, no specials, I just don't see it.

br549oicu8
08-11-2005, 08:43 AM
CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your pricing is way low!!!! DO you rent the machine???? A good aerator is an investment that is very seasonal and demands a higher per hour price!
We charge 3.5 times the regular mowing price with no complaints!

i_plant_art
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
yeah $45 is free ..... we charge at least 3 times the mowing price and in some cases even higher.

daveintoledo
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM

where did you get the illustrations at, ive been looking for a couple of weeks now....

TScapes
08-11-2005, 01:51 PM

That is below a "low bid" price in my market! The going rate here ranges from $38-45 per 1000sqft. Large commercials go as low as $25-28, but $10-12/ thousand..... HELL come down here and I'll sub all the ones I can to you! payup

That's a STEAL~

Sweetwater
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Our aeration always includes seeding and fert. Base price is 125.00 for skimpy residential and most average 185.00 after figuring in the jobs that exceed 225.00. The logic for 125.00 is simple: it would cost home owner more to rent machine, buy seed, fert, and then have seed, fert left over...not even mentioning these yuppies drive sedans and can't carry a lawnaire IV in trunk...pump up the price if market will bear it. Add seeding and fert to round out the service.

scout279
08-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey all, been lurking here for a while figured I would put my .02 in here. I agree that is a way low price. But over the past couple years with all the new development in topsites and my area has caused some of the aeration cost to come down. Still has not affected my pricing or the amount of work I get. I do have some small lawns that I do for $50, but they are small. Usually my starting cost is $75 and up. Have lost a few bids cause of a cheaper price although the quality of my work shows in the end. Usually figure on $10-$15 per 1000 w/ the min at $50.

Mancinioldhorse
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I do rent an aerator but I rent it for a 2-3 weeks and charge between $175 to $225 per lawn. That could and does go higher if the uninformed customer doesn't see the wisdom in leaving the plugs there to break down and they want em removed. It also includes fertilizing. I'd starve if I charged what some of you guys say you are charging!

Shuter
08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
I do not offer any discounts or specials for work performed. There is way too much work out there to working for free.

Soupy
08-12-2005, 09:01 PM
OMG what part of the country are you in???
Aeration for me starts at 45 ... usually, grass-cutting fee + 10 for regulars, +15 for new / one-timers.
But, no specials, I just don't see it.

Read my post again. My prices are way higher then yours. Your prices are way to low. I average about $120 for an average aeration, plus another $120 if they get seed at 5lbs per K.

My prices are the highest in my area, so don't call me a lowballer.

Soupy
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
where did you get the illustrations at, ive been looking for a couple of weeks now....

Go to my website www.lawn-tek.com and click on the aeration page and you can grab those pictures.

Soupy
08-12-2005, 09:07 PM
That is below a "low bid" price in my market! The going rate here ranges from $38-45 per 1000sqft. Large commercials go as low as $25-28, but $10-12/ thousand..... HELL come down here and I'll sub all the ones I can to you! payup

That's a STEAL~

You get $380 to $450 to aerate a 10,000 sq. ft property ? I find that hard to believe, but if you do, consider yourself lucky. Do a search for aeration prices on this site. Are you including seed and fert?

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-12-2005, 09:13 PM
TALK ABOUT GIVING AWAY WORK !! IT COSTS ME MORE TO DO THE WORK THAN YOU ARE CHARGING GUYS.WE DOUBLE AERATE AND OVERSEED WITH PREMIUM GRASS SEED. THE SEED IS APPLIED AT THE NEW LAWN RATE AND WE CHARGE ACCORDINGLY. THE ONLY TIME WE DISCOUNT IS TO CURRENT CUSTOMERS IN GOOD STANDING THAT ARE NOT PITAS. OTHERWISE PAY UP payup

CutNLawns
08-13-2005, 02:31 PM
You get $380 to $450 to aerate a 10,000 sq. ft property ? I find that hard to believe, but if you do, consider yourself lucky. Do a search for aeration prices on this site. Are you including seed and fert?

I agree with you Soupy. You would get laughed off the property with a bid that high on a 10K property around here. If you can get it that is great but you would go hungry around here. Just bid a guy $110 for a yard just under 11K and thought the guy was going to pass out! $10-$12 per 1K around here.

In the original post I was really just looking to see how you guys were promoting the service.

GarPA
08-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Anyone who gives this service away needs to have their head examined..assuming of course that there is actually a brain inside of it. I have a $4000 machine that sits idle and collects cobwebs for 10 months of every year. Our minumum is $15/1000 and goes up from there if there are hassle factors such as Invisible Fence, irrigation, lots of turns,slopes etc.
New tines I just ordered cost $100 and they'll be beat to death by the end of October. Usually I let low ball prices roll off my back but when I see it for aeration I want to reach thru the 'puter and give the lowballer a personal wakeup call....

rodfather
08-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Anyone who gives this service away needs to have their head examined.

Exactly. This is a premium service. Charge accordingly. Your time window of opportunity is short for the most part.