PDA

View Full Version : I flipped yesterday

wojo23323
08-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Crusing on the Wright Stander as fast as it will go. All of the sudden the mower stops but my fat a$$ didn't. I went right over the top and landed in front of the mower on my shoulder and head. :dizzy: Got up and shook it off and looked around and saw what I hit. It was a water meter box. I'll paint that one bright yellow next week so no one else hits it. Total damage bruised shoulder, arm, hip and shins.

Dashunde
08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
:laugh:
Glad your alright.

PMLAWN
08-10-2005, 11:24 AM
It's a bummer when you need to ware a helmet when cutting grass, Hope the deck is alright and happy you are.

arborist-28
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
glad it wasn't anything too serious..sounds frightening though ...c

Jusmowin
08-10-2005, 02:18 PM
WOJO, hey man been there and done that so dont feel bad. I did that a few years back riding on a sulky, I sure wish the water company would paint those things a different color!

wojo23323
08-10-2005, 03:22 PM
I also ran one over last year with a super z. It was a roud 1 about 12" in dia. I knew it was there but had a brain fart and ran it over. Cut it off and discharged it 25 feet across the driveway. Glad no one was standing there. It weighed about 10 lbs.

all ferris
08-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I hope nobody saw this because it is embarasing.

Tharrell
08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
I've done that on a wb with jungle wheels. I was in 5th gear too. To make it worse, I was mowing the convenience store in front of the mower shop I use and a lot of the guys saw it.

deereman
08-10-2005, 06:04 PM
The first thing that I would of did instead of looking at what I hit would have been to see if any body saw it. And my luck there would have been people all over rolling on the ground.............but thats my luck. ;)

wojo23323
08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm suprised no one saw it since we were doing a 90 unit townhouse complex.

gogetter
08-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I came close on a sulky too. Hit a root on a new lawn.

But this is a real good example to show why it's important for all of us to make sure our OPC's are working correctly.

Glad your alright wojo.

impactlandscaping
08-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Wojo-Glad all that was hurt was your pride :D Amazing how fast things stop when you hit something like that. I hit a 3" service conduit on a WB a few years ago. Threw me right into the control panel...hard...

Don't worry about the Stander decks , fellas. It would take more than a water meter to hurt that deck. :D

Itsgottobegreen
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Crusing on the Wright Stander as fast as it will go. All of the sudden the mower stops but my fat a$$ didn't. I went right over the top and landed in front of the mower on my shoulder and head. :dizzy: Got up and shook it off and looked around and saw what I hit. It was a water meter box. I'll paint that one bright yellow next week so no one else hits it. Total damage bruised shoulder, arm, hip and shins.
I have the same damn thing. TWICE! One was a 4" tall stump in 5" tall grass. Other was a piece of that tubing in the ground for a road sign. Somebody had ran over the sign and the ground piece was still there. OUCH!!!! It would be funny to watch it.

Gr grass n Hi tides
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM
I wear gloves probably 95% of the time in the field, but one day last year when they were soaked with sweat I left them on the dash to dry & started to mow. Got too close to the chain link fence, hit a bolt holding sections of the fence together & jerked me and the mower real hard. Stomach rammed into the mower but didn't flip over it.....and my left hand got jammed into one of the bolt heads on the pistol grip. Ripped a huge gash into it & the blood would not stop. Hurt like heck!