PDA

View Full Version : YazooKees, Great or awful???

Creative Lawn Care
08-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I am looking for another z mower and I found a new 2005 YazooKeys. 27hp Kohler, 61 inch, ROPS with lights and 3 bag collection system for $7999. I know this is a good price but is this a good mower? I have no expiriance with them. Thanks in advance.

milo
08-10-2005, 08:26 PM
hi yes i have one a 61 inch with the honda 24hp on it. they are really nice machines.. they cut really nice... also dont beleave a guy on here envy about them. he lies about them. he is in NC and i am in PA and my dealer knows about him and the PA sales rep even called me and told me his whole story. he is on here to, his name is mowerman.. buy yes mine has 233 hours on it. and this mower is easily as good and i think better that exmark. let me know if you want to know more or ask mowerman. they stand behind what they sell and are really nice machines. thanks tom

ToroLandscaper
08-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Do a search for them on here you will find AWFUL things about them
Go for toro exmark scag gravely johndeere etc.........I have herd to stay away from them from more than a couple people

Creative Lawn Care
08-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone else? I do know this dealer and he is great should I need service. Can you tell me speciffically what the problem with them is? spindles, pumps, wheel motors and engine are all the same as the other big brands.

MMLawn
08-11-2005, 12:39 AM
hi yes i have one a 61 inch with the honda 24hp on it. they are really nice machines.. they cut really nice... also dont beleave a guy on here ENVY about them. he lies about them. he is in NC and i am in PA and my dealer knows about him and the PA sales rep even called me and told me his whole story. he is on here to, his name is mowerman.. buy yes mine has 233 hours on it. and this mower is easily as good and i think better that exmark. let me know if you want to know more or ask mowerman. they stand behind what they sell and are really nice machines. thanks tom

Wow..............

Itsgottobegreen
08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Yazoo is complete junk

Milo you just made a big mistake. :realmad: ENVY is a respected member of this site. The problems with his yazoo where real.

Envy Lawn Service
08-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Yazoo is complete junk

Milo you just made a big mistake. :realmad: ENVY is a respected member of this site. The problems with his yazoo where real.

Thanks a lot for your support. It means a lot.

Milo,

I won't lower myself to bickering this out with you again. I will only take a moment to say that if your buddies in PA had told you the TRUTH about my situation with Yazoo/Kees you sure as heck would not have bought one. People who stand to make a buck sure as heck are not going to air out dirty laundry. They are going to candy coat things and tell you what you want to hear so you will buy. You should also take note that Mower Man wisely chose not to stir in the fire anymore once I called his bluff on his remarks in previous posts, and atleast one of those was yours.

Past that I say no more and continue to wish you the best of luck with your purchase.

Envy Lawn Service
08-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Creative Lawn Care,

As for the FACTS about Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna....
This is not a product or a company that can be depended on for home use....
Much less to earn a living....
Been there, done that....

If you want to make a smart economy purchase of a ZTR then check out Lesco's 60" Z Two.
They are available in standard stance w/25hp Kawasaki for $6,299
Or in WideTrack w/28hp Generac for the amazing lower price of $5,749
Nice light kit with big lights that mount down low out of the way for $95
Peco style catcher through Lesco $????
Cub Commercial 3-Bagger $????

Awesome product
Awesome price
Awesome parts availability
Awesome service after the sale

Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna you would not even want to dream of owning in North Carolina.
My personal long term experince with them.... AWFUL to say the least.

Creative Lawn Care
08-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Envy
I appreciate your response and hope it wont hold true for me as I just bought the yazoo today. As I said my dealer is great and I have known him for several years. I researched them on here and almost all the post about them were positive. I tried it out and liked it so now I will hope for the best. Dealer said the distributor is in Winston Salem so parts should be quick. Can you pm me and tell me more. I am kinda scared now. Thanks

Envy Lawn Service
08-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Envy
I appreciate your response and hope it wont hold true for me as I just bought the yazoo today. As I said my dealer is great and I have known him for several years. I researched them on here and almost all the post about them were positive. I tried it out and liked it so now I will hope for the best. Dealer said the distributor is in Winston Salem so parts should be quick. Can you pm me and tell me more. I am kinda scared now. Thanks

Sorry to hear that... I really am. The distributor being right here, my discussions with them prior to buying and all the promises they made me is what sold me to settle with this brand. But to be quite honest with you, the distributor sucks really really bad also.

Here I was thinking that would be such an awesome asset... for parts, service, and an additional safety net beyond the dealer network. Boy was I dead wrong. But I found that out the hard way when I had to turn to them when directed to do so by Yazoo. So far in my life, that's the second worst company I have ever had the dis-pleasure of dealing with.

Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna AKA HUSQVARNA TURF CARE CO. Being #1.
There corporate offices and management is also located in North Carolina too.
But that doesn't amount to a hill of beans either.

So at this point, since you have already bought, the only advice I can offer you is to either back out while you are still in the window... or hope, pray and stay in perfect good graces with your dealer. If he will step to the plate and personally back the machine even to the point of replacing on the spot at his own risk for you... then maybe you'll be OK.

Just don't expect anyone beyond your local dealer to stand behind the product is all I'm saying.

milo
08-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Wow.. Envy Why Dont You Tell Everybody The Whole Story???????? All You People That Listen To Envy Are Lost To.. First Off He Bought A Home Owner Model.. Then He Changed Engines With One Not Made For That Mower And He Caused All His Problems On His Own.. They Also Told Me They Gave You A Free Mower To Replace Yours That You Messed Up And Then After That They Gave You A Full Refund Of Your Money... Now How Much Of That Story Is True???? Cause They Told Me They Will Fax Me Proof Of All Of This... So Envy Please Give Me Your Story... Envy Never Never Tells Anybody What Model He Had And Is Never Put Out The Full Story.. Does Everybody Know That There Is 2 Sides To Every Story?? Oh I Forgot To Tell Everybody Here I Beat Mike Tyson And Lenox Leuis In Boxing, But They Were Tied Up To The Post And Could Not Fight Back...
Now How Can Anyone Say They Are Bad Mowers That Never Used Them??? If You Look At There Older Models They Look Just Like The Exmarks. Buy If You Look At The New Models There Frame Is Why Thicker And Machine Is Built Different.. The Max 2's
I Promise Anyone This About My Mower.. Yazoo Max2 61 Inch Cut 24hp Honda...
It Cuts The Best Out Of Any Machine I Have Ever Used. And That I Promise. I Have Owned Scags, Exmarks, Cab Cadet Tanks, Dixie Choppers And Gravely....
The Only Complant I Have With My Mower Is That I Did Not Get The Suspension Seat.. The Seat Is Kind Of Hard.. That Is It... 240 Hours No Problems With The Mower Or The Honda Engine To That Is Suppost To Be So Bad To...
Envy Tell Us All What Yazoo Did For You. They Said They Can Prove It To Me. So Speak Up..

Creative Lawn Care
08-12-2005, 12:03 AM
ENvy again thanks for your response. Everyones opinion does matter to me. I must say though that I would really like to know exactly what happened with your machine. I hope it is a very rare case that the whole mower would need to be replaced? Over the last 8 years I have owned deere, exmark, kubota, wright and bobcat I have never had to have a mower replaced and I think from what I can see this mower is built just as well.

milo
08-12-2005, 12:17 AM
yazoo.... ok i am done trying to stick up for a mower i beleave to be one of the best out there... all i will say is i am happy with mine and i promise to post any problems i have with it.. envy i dont want to fight with you but from what you told everyone on here (and me) i was really scared to buy my yazoo and when someone goes to buy a new mower that costs this much money and they buy it (a yazoo) and come read how you put them down it is not a good feeling. people buy things cause of price and cause they like it. all mowers have problems and engines. my opinon is they are all good machines.. some a little better than others.. you know there are posts on here from you saying how good the yazoo's are to.. i know it was way back. one more thing.. the other week i was behind a car that had written on his rear window that ford sold him a lemmon and was not fixing it. in my opinon ford is a great truck i think the best. but i still think gmc and dodge trucks are good to.. the sales rep. that called me told me husqvarna / yazoo's side and i would really like to hear from you if what he told me was true or if what you are saying he told me that just to buy it.. envy please let me know your whole side on the outcome. thank you

milo
08-12-2005, 12:50 AM
and envy as for your string trimmer stihl and echo seem to be the best. more power from the stihl's. but red max and shindaiwa are perty good to. i would always run stihl

Envy Lawn Service
08-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Wow.. Envy Why Dont You Tell Everybody The Whole Story???????? All You People That Listen To Envy Are Lost To..

So Envy Please Give Me Your Story... Envy Never Never Tells Anybody What Model He Had And Is Never Put Out The Full Story.. Does Everybody Know That There Is 2 Sides To Every Story??

Envy Tell Us All What Yazoo Did For You. They Said They Can Prove It To Me. So Speak Up..

(forgive my breaking up your quote)

Well Milo,

You picked 2 right wrong days to post what you have about me here. Allow me to explain.... You see, I set some personal limitations as to what I would say about this ordeal, just as mentioned in previous threads, because a lot of innocent people could possibly be heavily affected by what I could say. Secondly, I have certain other legal interests in this matter that limit just what I can and cannot really get into at this point because they are into me for a lot of money.

But what I mean by the right wrong day is that council meetings have taken place during this and some things said have had me really itching if you know what I mean. So further discussion went on about what was OK to discuss and to make a long story short it's OK for me to defend myself against accusation (as posted here) to a point... and then I'm sorta rendered unable to defend myself further.

Envy Lawn Service
08-12-2005, 01:08 AM
ENvy again thanks for your response. Everyones opinion does matter to me. I must say though that I would really like to know exactly what happened with your machine. I hope it is a very rare case that the whole mower would need to be replaced? Over the last 8 years I have owned deere, exmark, kubota, wright and bobcat I have never had to have a mower replaced and I think from what I can see this mower is built just as well.

Enter sick feeling here ______ .

Try TWO, both very new, as pertaining to the discussion here.
Hold on as I am about to address some of the accusations against me here.

Envy Lawn Service
08-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Wow.. Envy Why Dont You Tell Everybody The Whole Story???????? All You People That Listen To Envy Are Lost To..

(1)First Off He Bought A Home Owner Model..
(2)Then He Changed Engines With One Not Made For That Mower
(3)And He Caused All His Problems On His Own..
(4)They Also Told Me They Gave You A Free Mower To Replace Yours That You Messed Up
(5)And Then After That They Gave You A Full Refund Of Your Money...
(6)Now How Much Of That Story Is True????
(7)Cause They Told Me They Will Fax Me Proof Of All Of This...

So Envy Please Give Me Your Story... Envy Never Never Tells Anybody What Model He Had And Is Never Put Out The Full Story.. Does Everybody Know That There Is 2 Sides To Every Story?? Oh I Forgot To Tell Everybody Here I Beat Mike Tyson And Lenox Leuis In Boxing, But They Were Tied Up To The Post And Could Not Fight Back...
Now How Can Anyone Say They Are Bad Mowers That Never Used Them??? If You Look At There Older Models They Look Just Like The Exmarks. Buy If You Look At The New Models There Frame Is Why Thicker And Machine Is Built Different.. The Max 2's
I Promise Anyone This About My Mower.. Yazoo Max2 61 Inch Cut 24hp Honda...
It Cuts The Best Out Of Any Machine I Have Ever Used. And That I Promise. I Have Owned Scags, Exmarks, Cab Cadet Tanks, Dixie Choppers And Gravely....
The Only Complant I Have With My Mower Is That I Did Not Get The Suspension Seat.. The Seat Is Kind Of Hard.. That Is It... 240 Hours No Problems With The Mower Or The Honda Engine To That Is Suppost To Be So Bad To...

OK... line by line...

(1) First off, none of my machines were homeowner models. That's a flat out lie. In fact, the Yazoo homeower models were not even in production yet when this all started. My mowers were all commercial and said so right on the deck just like yours does. The commercial units and the homeowner ones are worlds apart. You can get the Husqvarna version at Lowes. I will put up picture comparisons if need be.

(2) Secondly, yes the one engine did have a lot of problems, some way more severe/dangerous than I had the personal knowledge to realize at the time. So yes, the engine was in fact replaced, but with a direct replacement for the mower, hand selected and delievered by the engine MFG. So what they said is BS! Fact is, I had lots of problems with the orginal engine. Dealer couldn't fix it. Distributor flat out lied dead in my face about it and Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna factory support (same guys) left me hung out to dry on it. They wouldn't stand behind it and get it resolved. So after 5 months, to put it bluntly, I tried to work it out with them in an alternate manor, but they just wanted me to eat the whole dang thing financially, and hang the dealer with it, at a huge expense to me and the dealer, and a measily $200 expense to themselves. So I went elsewhere, went around Yazoo and got the engine MFG involved. They stepped to the plate and so did I, sticking my neck out on the line finanacially to back up my position.

(3) So everybody got all pissed off about that issue because I proved them wrong and the engine MFG had stepped to the plate very quickly and resolved it very professionally.... which was FAR from how Yazoo had handled it. But of course that was not near the end of the problems. So they tried to save their neck and hang me out to dry with everything else that went wrong. Fact is, the new engine was the best damn part of the whole machine. Furthermore, they TRIED to say that this engine was at fault for problems caused by defective engineering of the Yazoo unit itself. This SPECIFIC PROBLEM was already present with the factory installed engine. Subsequintly, although they assured me the replacement unit woould resolve everything, the SPECIFIC PROBLEM was ALSO present on the replacement unit, that had an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT engine on it. Different horsepower, different brand engine. But yet they lie to you saying that I did something totally different and "caused all of my problems all on my own." BS!

(4) Well you see where the replacement mower came in at above. But what they fail to tell you is EVERYTHING between my first complaint directly to them in 6/2003 until the replacement finally took place in 10/2004. My living hell for almost a year and a half. Yes that's two mowing seasons. How's that for DOWNTIME??? Most expensive free replacement I ever recieved!!! How's that measuring up on the scale of WORLD'S WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT? Might be a Guiness record...LOL!!! Funny the things they choose to leave out.... To avoid a lawsuit, yeah, they finally decided to honor the warranty and replace it before the dang 2 year warranty ran out. Care to wager on the total hours on the meter or more importantly the number of those hours I actually logged on it in the field????

They also failed to mention how they lead me on all that time and how they stabbed my "adopting" dealer in the back on the transaction.... and how they tried to, and thought they succeeded in failing to deliver what they promised me.

Then of course, I find out in the spring of 2005, when I put the replacement mower in service that all I got was a replacement set of problems. But of course they tell you that I messed that up... BS also. As previously mentioned, the replacement mower suffered the same SPECIFIC PROBLEM related to the engine as was present with BOTH engines on the previous one, although it had a different brand engine. It also suffered drive problems like the previous one, but worse.... as well as having the fly-away paint issue resulting in big flakes of paint blowing off the first day in the field... and that of course progressed very quickly. But I was supposed to be the one that messed all that up???? Yeah right! More BS. Should I did into the fine details of WHY I had this issues as a result of THEIR manufacturing and engineering processes??? Not today, fingers already tired.

(5) Oh... and they gave me a full refund of my money???? Heck that's news to me!!! That's a flat out lie. Boy they sure do paint a pretty picture. Heck they should give up making mowers and go into painting.... but please God, not on metal surfaces... LOL.

But anyways, they also convieniently leave out little details like the additional living hell I endured trying to reach that point and how it took them from 3/05 to 6/05 to handle the claim... not to mention their attempts to jerk me around.... and how they flat out cheated me and treated me. Nor do they mention their attempt at fraud in the transaction... Nor how I had to personally visit their corporate offices in an attempt to resolve that... Nor their attempts at trickory that followed. All convieniently left out. Oh, and care to wager on the number of hours that were on the hour meter of this crippled up boat achor when I returned it?

(6) So how much of that story is true??? Well I think you can judge from above. You were told some half-truths marking events where they acted, which were then followed by some low down dirty lies. They just painted you a pretty picture of deception to get what they wanted from you... your money... and now they have it.

(7) Proof.... I'm laughing my azz off right now as I type this.... They can fax you nothing to defend themselves with. Why? Because they only acted twice in a time period of over 2 calendar years. They might be able to fax you a copy of an orginal product registration dated with dates that support me, and maybe a shipping invoice where the distributor delievered the replacement to my adopting dealer, which would support how they stabbed the dealer in the back, and an invoice on the returned unit, both being dated in support of the excessive time frame I laid out for you.... And oh, maybe a copy the little check they sent me when I returned the second unit. But they would have to be careful to be sure they send the "right copy" of it, as to not implicate themselves there. But they WON'T send a copy of either because they would be embarassed for you to see the true dollar figure printed on it.

I on the other hand could forward you dated original copies of 2 years worth of e-mail correspondance, including those exchanged with your PA pal there, recordings of phone converstations, phone records, repair records, invoices, bills of sale, pictures, written statements from witnesses, written 3rd party second opinions, tons of pictures, supporting statements from individuals whom have personally been in their facilities and personally seen their processes, and the list goes on... This is of course all currently filed as evidence at this time. But some copies are currently in my possesion as well. So how's that for proof???

Anyways, personally believe what you like, as it matters little to me because I could not prevent you from risking this position with your purchase. But the main thing I wanted to do was give you a small taste test of reality here... and believe me this is nothing more than that, as what I have posted here no more than a few crumbs of the entire true story of the issues I've faced with their products and with the company itself.

"Snake in the grass re-defined!"

Envy Lawn Service
08-12-2005, 03:18 AM
Oh, and I forgot to add, 240 hours of trouble free operation is pretty dang good for a Yazoo product from my experience. But yet 240 hours is nothing in the grand scheme of things in this business. Log another zero on the end of that and then you're starting to do pretty good.....

John Gamba
08-12-2005, 07:28 AM
They Said They Can Prove It To Me. So Speak Up..

Well did they prove it to you. If they can it would save alot of time.

John

milo
08-12-2005, 12:20 PM
hi envy. ok so i guess he lied to me then. he did tell me that they gave you a full refund then on the mower. he did also tell me you did get a warped deck from the dealer...
i am done defending this mower. i get nothing from them to do so. i am really happy with mine but it only does have 240 hours on it. and i will post any problems i do have with it. envy i am not fighting with you on this matter no more. it is a waist of your time and mine.. its hard enough for us all to make good money with the cost of gas this year and the price of new equipment..
how is the lesco treating you? how many hours on it? what are you doing with the string trimmers??? i think i would just stick with stihl's.. and is it really dry in NC now? up here i had 4 days off this week. i need rain now

milo
08-12-2005, 12:26 PM
the sales rep. also said i would get a free shirt. and i did not get it yet... where is my shirt?????

Tn Lawn Man
08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
the sales rep. also said i would get a free shirt. and i did not get it yet... where is my shirt?????

Ok, now THAT is funny!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pro-Scapes
08-12-2005, 03:14 PM
wow im suprised envy wasted his time typing all that out.. I would of been like Great you like your heap? Fine... I moved on to better things lol..

We got 3 commercial husqs at my pt job we cant sell. We sold 1 2004 model at cost to a homeowner who just wanted a toy. They aint bad til you try and cut with them lol.. I hated my 25hp 61 LZ husq. Not impressed by thier current mowers.

now thier chainsaws.... great products. I have had good luck with thier 2 strokes as well. When replacment time comes it will be echo tho more than likley.

WREBELMACHINE
08-13-2005, 05:20 PM
I am amazed at all the problems that people are having with Yazoo! I have a Mega max diesel and it is one of the best machines that I have ever owned! But I do have a great dealer who takes care of me! In my town Yazoo is pretty strong and seems the be getting stronger mostly because of one dealer! The other dealer here who has been a Yazoo dealer for 10 years does nothing with the product and had no parts or support. I quess my question is were is the dealer in all these issues? And why no support? As far as product they are very good!

Mower Man
08-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Sorry I missed all the fun....I was in Alaska not thinking about mowers. Traveled and vacationed so hard, we had to come back to get 'rest by working'. Then off to a four day show.

Envy,
In fairness to you, you did have a bent deck, and a paint issue, BUTT the rest is outright fabrication.

I'm not a distributor as you stated. I work with distributors, ans companies on my own. It's.....my own.....business.

Your under NO legal limitations!!!!
Another fabrication, or another way to say that is, "A willful mistatement of the facts". My Grandmother would say...."stop being so politically correct. A lie is a lie".

So you could have told everything, but have chosen to be selective.
Factory hasn't chosen to rspond because they didn't want to embarrass you, hoping you'd realize what a deal you got for what you caused, and you'd go away. I think your an equipment terrorist. I'm still trying to remember all the ugly things you said about your local dealers.
Maybe, just maybe you'd go "Postal".........like you offered.

You bought a model targeted for the upscale consumer with an 18 hp B & S Intek CONSUMER engine. That's not commercial evne though you ran it like one. Try hard to remember your words.

Distributor in your area has sold over 500 (five hundred) of that model, and they had more problems with you & yours......than everyone put together!

You got water in the fuel...not the factory.

You swapped the 18 B & S Intek for a 25 hp.....B & S Intek. I find it very interesting that you put another B & S CONSUMER Intek engine back on it.

Because of that, the valve cover was too close to the battery, and that 'cooked' the battery, which could be dangerous. That's the #1 reason you got a new mower of exactly the same. You endangered yourself!!!!!!
Of course it wouldn't have happened w/o my influence, and attempt to help you. I rue the day you CALLED me to help you.

As for the deck, yes it was bent, and I'm sorry. But I've seen a deck that was bent however the customer didn't tell the dealer one of his guys didn't tie it down, and it fell off his trailer on the highway. I was at the dealer when his guys told us the story. Owner claimed nothing happened.

I saw another that was hit by the forks of 6,000lb fork lift.
Yet, near Phila, PA, I saw pictures, and met the owner of one just like yours that fell off a 3' retaining wall, and only bent two blades. Go figure.

In fairness to you, you had a paint issue because the cleaning solution was chemically not right. So did others. You were offered $300 to get it painted, without having to prove that you had it painted.
For the couple spots ,and it wasn't the whole deck (remember I get pictuires too), you could have sanded it, primered it, painted it, and materials cost would have been less that $50 (fifty dollars). You could have pocketed the rest. Or, you could have taken it to a body shop & had it done.

By the way, it's the same paint system/procedure that Mack Trucks, and many other companies in the OPE industry use....today.
We know that others have had issues with chemicals too. Even the one that your sitting on holding a little girl on uses that style powdered paint procedure. I personally know a paint/pigment sales rep that used to call on all those companies in Beatrice. They all have the same problems.

The new deck you mentioned on another post where you somewaht stated that problems were known so that's why a new deck was coming out...is once again incorrect.

If you hunt, please tell me where you go hunting so I can avoid that area.

It actutally was in development for Y/K, but you can't beat the cut quality and chamber control of a 'flat top' deck like Yazoo/Kees has been using.
Not sure about that? Well then just look at the old Toro SFS deck vs. the new one. Check out Exmark's, and even Kubota's new "Pro Series", and many more like it. All 'flat tops.

Anyway, I do hope your happy, and profitable with whatever "commercial" equipment you now have, so we don't have to go over more of the story that's not told.

Milo,
Heard you did some pretty good comparison shopping before you bought. Please don't forget that your getting a hat too. The dealer has some of the new 9 thread line precurved hats on order, and he'll see you get one.
Thanks for your business.

Envy Lawn Service
08-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Envy,
In fairness to you, you did have a bent deck, and a paint issue, BUTT the rest is outright fabrication.

I'm not a distributor as you stated. I work with distributors, ans companies on my own. It's.....my own.....business.

Your under NO legal limitations!!!!
Another fabrication, or another way to say that is, "A willful mistatement of the facts". My Grandmother would say...."stop being so politically correct. A lie is a lie".

So you could have told everything, but have chosen to be selective.
Factory hasn't chosen to rspond because they didn't want to embarrass you, hoping you'd realize what a deal you got for what you caused, and you'd go away. I think your an equipment terrorist. I'm still trying to remember all the ugly things you said about your local dealers.
Maybe, just maybe you'd go "Postal".........like you offered.

Dear fellow members,

Most of you know me and my record here as a fair and honest guy. But some may doubt me in all that has been said here and I do not like being called a liar. So for those people and anyone else that has any doubt in their heart, I am going to take advantage of this opportunity to defend myself in several specific areas of public accusation.

Mower Man just 'kicked a turd' here and the more they stir in this trying to discredit me, the worse it is going to stink. When I'm through defending myself from these most recent accusations, there will be no doubt who the liar is here....

Now, allow me to address this and get some hard evidence on here.

Envy Lawn Service
08-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Let's start with the deck issue...

Envy,
In fairness to you, you did have a bent deck

As for the deck, yes it was bent, and I'm sorry. But I've seen a deck that was bent however the customer didn't tell the dealer one of his guys didn't tie it down, and it fell off his trailer on the highway. I was at the dealer when his guys told us the story. Owner claimed nothing happened.

I saw another that was hit by the forks of 6,000lb fork lift.
Yet, near Phila, PA, I saw pictures, and met the owner of one just like yours that fell off a 3' retaining wall, and only bent two blades. Go figure.

Yes I did have a deck that was warped from the factory that you were made aware of. But that one was not the ONLY one I had. Nor were the ones I had the only ones that rolled out of the factory that way. Even as small as this community is compaired to the green industry, there have been many reported here.

So talk about crazy abusive stuff people did to there mowers all you want in an attempt to give the impression I caused the damage. We all know that is usually the case when talking warped decks. But you and I both know I never abused them. You and I, as well as many others also know they shipped out of the factory in that condition. In fact, you even admitted that fact somewhere on here that I could dig up and quote.

This is a KNOWN issue. So don't even try to play like it is not.
It is an issue caused by either:
*Low quality materials that cannot handle all the stresses of welding in a reliable fashion.
*Faulty processes
*Faulty equipment
*Defective workmanship
*Or all or some combination

In addition, the quality control or lack there of is also majorly flawed, otherwise these units would never ship. But that is preaching to the deaf, because the fact of the matter is that they just do not care. Quality is obviously NOT a priority.

Envy Lawn Service
08-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Fellow members, here is some hard evidence for your viewing pleasure.

One of them had a slight twist to where it was impossibel to keep the deck from teeter-tottering on the deck chains. It was in such a manor that the twist made it impossible to adjust the deck properly or have it suspended with equal weight/tension on all 4 chains. Hence the teeter-totter. In addition, it also had a dimple right at the back of the center spindle and a rising arc at the nose of the deck. I'm sure most of you understand the 'jar lid effect'... which is what this was. Here is a view of the area.

Envy Lawn Service
08-25-2005, 01:53 AM
In addition, here is a frontal view of the condition of the deck in question, which he would have you believe I abused and bulldozed the front of it into something, causing the deck to buckle. As you can see, it is in brand new condition, aside from being a little dirty. A little water and it would shine like new money.

Envy Lawn Service
08-25-2005, 02:04 AM
....To be continued....

I gotta catch some :sleeping:

Envy Lawn Service
08-26-2005, 12:45 AM
I think your an equipment terrorist. I'm still trying to remember all the ugly things you said about your local dealers.

I never said anything about the local dealers.... Nothing negative was ever siad about them.... All that was ever harshly discussed was the incompetence of one individual mechanic, who was unable to diagnose the issues with the engine and the hydros. He was a good parts changer, but a lousy diagnostic technician. My unit was the first he had ever even ran a hydro flow test on.

But just to clarify... I wasn't even the one to start that conversation, nor was I the one to state that fact. It was... in fact... the guy who used to be tech support for Yazoo/Kees. You know who he is. But in any event, he knew better than what this mechanic was trying to tell him. So he was the one to make the choice, make the calls, and refer me to the distributor's service department.

That should have been great. But frankly all the distributor did was give Yazoo lip service. In turn, they treated me like dirt and honored nothing with me that they promised to Yazoo. Frankly, they didn't want to be bothered with it and had ZERO interest in helping resolve the issue.

Little did I know at the time... all this did was generate a hostile phone conversation between the distributor and the dealer and mechanic. So a lot was going on that I did not know about. But in the end, I PERSONALLY made two 160 mile round trips to deliver the mower and pick it up. Basically, they kept it 3 days and all they really managed to do was change two spark plugs, do a tracking adjustment and do an engine oil and filter change I did not ask for.

Then they had the nerve to try and charge me for this. When I asked what they did to resolve the mechanical problems... well, let's just say they took me for a FOOL. The first words out of their mouths was a bold face lie and I knew it. Supposedly, they adjusted the air/fuel mixture on carb... which was totally NON-ADJUSTABLE. Idle speed was the only adjustment on it and I knew that going in... Second, they supposedly did all the flow testing, ect, on the hydros, which I could tell by mearly looking at them that they had not been touched.

So when I called them on their lies, they knew I was no fool. My bogus bill was 'taken care of' rather quickly and I was gone with my boat anchor mower at no charge.

So... that was all that was ever said about dealers, ect.

Green King
02-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Yazoo/Kees biggest problem is Carswell! I had a Robin string trimmer great trimmer until I wore out the splines on the inner drive shaft took almost 9 months to get replacement from OEI! I now know that OEI is a division of carswell which explains Yazoo problems with parts. Not only that but if you have a good dealer that you deal with that will take care of you he is going to get screwed if he deals with Carswell I know mine just got f@*$&#<. Now it looks like Yazoo is going to die in this area because they have pissed off my dealer. I now that I will not buy another one because of the Carswell connection. I only wished Y/k would read these posts and do something about it!

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Yazoo/Kees biggest problem is Carswell! I had a Robin string trimmer great trimmer until I wore out the splines on the inner drive shaft took almost 9 months to get replacement from OEI! I now know that OEI is a division of carswell which explains Yazoo problems with parts. Not only that but if you have a good dealer that you deal with that will take care of you he is going to get screwed if he deals with Carswell I know mine just got f@*$&#<. Now it looks like Yazoo is going to die in this area because they have pissed off my dealer. I now that I will not buy another one because of the Carswell connection. I only wished Y/k would read these posts and do something about it!

Preach on!!!!

The above referenced "distributor" in my above post was Carswell.

They are based here in North Carolina.
Holy cow what a cluster _ _ _ _ it is try to deal with them for ANYTHING.

But to be honest with you, Yazoo/Kees could give a rats azz how Carswell does things. They are all for it. Dealing with Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf itself is like a holy terror. Carswell is fantastic in comparison. On a scal from 1 to 10 Carswell is a "0" and Yazoo/Kees-Husvarna Turf-Electrolux Group is a "-10"...

The whole dang network is like that and follows the same protocol, which is screw the customer, we have their money already. Nothing would make me happier than to see them go under everywhere. I'd like to see someone decient take them over.

But the bottom line is... for now, if you own one of these products, your local dealer is your only resource and the only one actually "trying" to back the product, which most of the time means taking care of you at his own expense.

So if you are waiting for Yazoo/Kees to do anything about how they do business, you'll be waiting a long long time because they do business this way on purpose.

Green King
02-11-2006, 07:56 AM
That is sad to here about YK I emailed them about this situation and so far no response. It is sad for my dealer who in two years sold more Yazoo than the other dealer did in probably 15 years. I am telling you Yazoo is pretty popular here because of this guy. but like I said he is pissed and his lot is already filling up with used Yazoo mowers that are being traded in. I now I will not own one again at least until some major changes are made. I have a friend that uses a lot of Dixie Chopper mowers and last fall he was going to buy a couple of Mega Max mowers but after talking to him yesterday and between the screwed dealer and myself he is not going to be buying Yazoo machines. You would think Yazoo would be concerened about there dealers but apparently not, and I if they think screw Yazoo we will just promote the Husky line well here in this area no one and I mean no one uses Husky.

steve45
02-11-2006, 11:57 AM
I've never seen a Yazoo, so my opinion really doesn't count. I DID visit a Yazoo dealer about 90 miles away when I was trying to choose a mower. I was not impressed with the dealer. They didn't have any mowers in stock, and the place looked like a hippy dope den from the '60's.

Aside from that, I would NEVER buy another Husqvarna product. I bought my wife a very expensive (at the time) Viking sewing machine, owned by Husqvarna. Piece of junk! It would never work right. It spent more time at the dealer and at the factory service center than it did in my house. Their support was miserable. I do realize that it's not the sewing machine people that build mowers, but the company philosophy of not providing service and support probably still apply across the board.

scottishmaximus
02-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Just thought i'd jump in on all of the fun.

Mowerman posted a lot of information about the problems with this particular sale.
1. Bent deck
2. Paint flaking off
3. engine problems potentially using a homeowner engine for commercial use
4. problems with replacement engine that may be due to too large of an engine which melted the battery,
5. water in the fuel (did this mess up the first engine?),

Mowerman acknowledged that there were factory defects with the deck as well as paint, so Envy, no need to post pics with your deck. They agree and you agree on this.

So now we are left with engine troubles. Engines are not made by mower companies, just chosen and put on their equipment. The manufacturer in this case claims the engine/mower combo was targeted to homeowners. The Briggs engine is probably cheaper than other engine options, so that makes sense. They claim Envy overworked a homeowner engine and there was water in the gas tank. Reguardless if this is true or not, it is an engine problem, not the mower, don't by the unit with this engine.

They also said Envy replaced the engine with too large of an engine. Did the dealer install or did Envy?? If the dealer did, i see this as a particular dealer issue. Either way, it is an engine problem, don't by the unit with this engine.

Now if there are more problems with the unit, they need to be addressed so we can knock the unit.

I am biased in favor of husqvarna as I am a satisfied customer of a husqvarna 61" 27 hp and have had no problems. Maybe it's because i got a kohler.

The landscaper
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Envy, I was searching for the wide trac model for 5700 and could not find it.

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Scottishmaximus,

You really went headlong running off at the mouth knowing ZERO about what you speak of.

And I mean ZERO!

In the future, you might want to actually ask the OWNER involved before doing that.
It's extremely disrespectful not to.
You would think so too if the shoe was on the other foot.

Oh, and just for your information, MOWERMAN is a DISTRIBUTOR of Yazoo/Kees.
Not 'my' distributor either.
So now you can kind of put the source of the B/S in prospective.
My comments to people asking questions from inside his zone were hurting SALES.

Anyways, I have absolutely nothing to hide. I will explain the various particulars to anyone who wants or needs to know anytime anyone asks. And I can share a whole ton of factual information. This whole thing was about a lot more than just one lawn mower and one set of problems... and is a story that stretches from 4/03 to 6/05.

Bull crap like this is why I wasn't on here screaming bloody murder the whole time. I just shared with those who needed to know on a 'need-to-know' basis.

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Envy, I was searching for the wide trac model for 5700 and could not find it.

Sorry, you won't either unless you go over to the Lesco forum and click the link I posted over there. I think it's under "Ztwo confusion"... The link will take you directly to the 28/60 widetrack page. But good luck getting any more info on it. Lesco removed the listing on their site that I 'happened' across that took me to the 28/60 page. It vanished after I started asking questions and complaining. But it is still in the system. I just don't know if or when it will ever be a 'public release'.

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Just thought i'd jump in on all of the fun.

Mowerman posted a lot of information about the problems with this particular sale.
1. Bent deck
2. Paint flaking off
3. engine problems potentially using a homeowner engine for commercial use
4. problems with replacement engine that may be due to too large of an engine which melted the battery,
5. water in the fuel (did this mess up the first engine?),

Mowerman acknowledged that there were factory defects with the deck as well as paint, so Envy, no need to post pics with your deck. They agree and you agree on this.

So now we are left with engine troubles. Engines are not made by mower companies, just chosen and put on their equipment. The manufacturer in this case claims the engine/mower combo was targeted to homeowners. The Briggs engine is probably cheaper than other engine options, so that makes sense. They claim Envy overworked a homeowner engine and there was water in the gas tank. Reguardless if this is true or not, it is an engine problem, not the mower, don't by the unit with this engine.

They also said Envy replaced the engine with too large of an engine. Did the dealer install or did Envy?? If the dealer did, i see this as a particular dealer issue. Either way, it is an engine problem, don't by the unit with this engine.

Now if there are more problems with the unit, they need to be addressed so we can knock the unit.

I am biased in favor of husqvarna as I am a satisfied customer of a husqvarna 61" 27 hp and have had no problems. Maybe it's because i got a kohler.

Now, just to address and untangle what you posted, here are some clarifying facts.

1) Bent Deck> Actually two of the mowers had this issue. They rolled out of the factory with warped decks. This is a prevailing issue with Y/K-Husqvarna mowers. Lots of documentation here about it from others as well. I've also addressed 'why' this is the case and can quote it from here also.

2) Paint Flaking Off > had this issue with the newest one due to the fact they cheapened their process to just shooting the bare metal with IH Red tractor paint. On perfect clean metal that might last the warranty period. But mine started flaking instantly. I have also seen Y/K & Husqvarna mowers sitting at dealers during that time that were already flaking too.

Yes the decks and paint were factory defects in materials and workmanship. Cut and dried. But getting them to warranty these issues is another. Just sorry.

3) Y/K does not nor never has put a homeowner grade engine on a commercial mower. That would be stupid in the first place, no? Anyways, I don't buy anything but engines with at least a 2 year commercial warranty. PERIOD.

4) Yes I had an engine problem that the dealer mechanic was incapable of diagnosing. So it was taken to the distributor who didn't even try. Then Y/K refused to do anything to process a warranty claim, even though the engine MFG would have reinburst the cost to Y/K. During the process I had contacted the engine MFG to see if they might have any idea what might be wrong. When they never recieved any claims for me, they did a follow up contact to ensure I was being taken care of. MONTHS HAD PASSED! So the head REP just nipped this nightmare in the bud. The only way he could solve it was if I were to 'stand good for it' and so I did. He agreed to just do a complete replacement and take the old engine to the warehouse for MFG inspection. I signed a promisory note to pay for the new engine if nothing was wrong with the old one. That solved the issue and never cost me a dime. The MFG REP replaced the original engine with one of the same size from the same series. Identical in physical size and everything else. But it packed a couple more ponies, which was "for my months of inhumane treatment." This would be like replacing a 23 Kohler/Kawi with a 25. The battery never melted, but did get overheated which is extremely unsafe. But this was a separate issue. It happened on that machine with the original engine and the replacement engine, which has been proven. It also happened on another machine with an entirely totally different engine setup. Different brand engine, smaller size engine, less HP engine with a different exhaust system.

5) The replacement engine had issues as soon as I took it home after being mounted. The MFG forwarded me to another service location, where they found somewhere between 20oz - 1 liter of water in one tank. Somebody at the shop where it was replaced got pissed about being proved wrong and vandalized me while the replacement was being done at the dealer. After an entire cleanout and everything being adjusted to specs like it should have been during installation (at my expense) the engine never gave another problem.

That covers those issues. But YES!!! THERE WERE MANY MORE ISSUES WITH MORE THAN ONE MACHINE!!! But reeeegardlessss... it is one thing to push out crap equipment.... but it is yet another to treat customers the way they do. In other words, the big picture and the point of all this goes farther than crap equipment. It's about failure to stand behind the product, failure to honor the warranty, failure to deliver parts and ALL OUT FAILURE TO DO ANYTHING TO RESOLVE ANYTHING.

Bottom line is Y/K-Husqvarna hangs everyone out to dry and never gets anything taken care of. Yes, they are ONE IN THE SAME, so don't think having a Husqvarna makes you exempt. Your local dealer is the only resource you have, period.

scottishmaximus
02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Cool your jets turbo. You are missing my point. Everyone knows about the bent deck problems and paint flaking problems. We know that your machine had engine problems, and now you enlightened us that the battery melted possibly from poor design and sabotage from an angry machanic. We know that you had a hard time getting any work done from the dealer and manufacturer. Lets hear the other problems. Lets here the "many more issues". I won't deny that it may have them, just would like to know them.

Envy Lawn Service
02-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Cool your jets turbo. You are missing my point. Everyone knows about the bent deck problems and paint flaking problems. We know that your machine had engine problems, and now you enlightened us that the battery melted possibly from poor design and sabotage from an angry machanic. We know that you had a hard time getting any work done from the dealer and manufacturer. Lets hear the other problems. Lets here the "many more issues". I won't deny that it may have them, just would like to know them.

OK, the battery never melted. But the design is dangerous.(I'll get to the specifics in a bit)

The sabotage was the water in the tank when the engine was replaced.
That issue is whoever's fault who did it.
But I got that worked out at my expense.

Yes I had a hard time getting things resolved in the dealer's shop.
I got NO action from the distributor or manufacturer.

That's the main point. Doesn't really matter what the problems are if the support network refuses to honor the warranty by taking NO ACTION AT ALL.

As for the "other issues"... if you need a list I can get one together for you. I have no problem with that at all. I'll get it together and post it soon. But the real point here is that nomatter how good or bad a piece of equipment is, it's only as good as the support network when ONE single thing goes wrong.... and in this case, the support network is NON-EXISTANT beyond your local dealer and the warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.

all ferris
02-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I love the bickering from longwinded lawnsite members!!!!clapping

Envy Lawn Service
02-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I love the bickering from longwinded lawnsite members!!!!clapping

Personally, I hate being part of anything that seems remotely close to it hammer

But in this case the cause is worthy.

Envy Lawn Service
02-12-2006, 11:39 PM
As far as the rest of the issues....

Well every one of them had friggin hydro problems leading to premature failure, despite the fact they use industry standard pumps and motors. They just botched the job of designing the rest of the systems, matching them up, and having a solid system. For whatever unknown reason, they cavitated the fluid, which is no good for the system long term as it eventually wrecks a component. This was also causing them to boil fluids out the reservoir caps and so forth.

Two of them started having drive malfunctions under 100 hours. I had one that acted different from the others. Basically the problem was the same. But the way it malfunctioned was a bit different. It would cavitate and build pressure. Very early on every bolt and seal on the pumps and motors were weeping fluids. Then that would trap up in one side and that wheel would not reverse. Stuff like that. Another came from the factory missing a rear mounting bolt on one of the pumps.>>>>>> None of this was an issue that could be blamed on Hydro Gear or Parker Ross. It was in the way the systems were set up. I've seen way too many of them with problems outside the ones I owned.

As others have indicated besides me, the spindles sucked on all of them. Junk. And they made them junkier too as the newest one had the cheapest looking pot metal pulleys on top of them. I don't know if it had anything to do with those pulleys, but that same unit developed the damndest deck belt deflection issue I have ever seen. It would get going and you would get a vibration like you have never felt and a roar like you have never heard. The nose of the deck would be fasthoppin' it and you would think you had a blade about to come off or a spindle about to fall out. But upon inspection you would find the idler pulley jumping back and forth and the belt would be strumming like a banjo string from the PTO to the idler. The tension was fine, the belt was fine and all else checked out. What caused this I don't know, but it was never fixed.

Two of them had this thing with the fork bearings/shafts. After a few hours, they developed this 'play' in them where when a front wheel would leave the ground or get light, the shaft would slide down allowing the whole caster to drop a little. Then it would slam/smack/fram back up metal to metal. I don't know, I guess it was in the way they retained the fork shafts or something. They didn't fall apart, but they sure made a heck of a repetitive clatter and sounded like they were going to.

On one of them, for whatever reason, the front end was out of spec. The front wheels had side to side 'play' that allowed the tires to rub against the insides of the forks. Occasionally this would break the bead seal on a front tire, causing an immediate flat that all of us know is a pain in the arse to mess with.

Also, as anyone who has owned them knows, they don't use normal deck linkages. Instead of heavy threaded rods connecting the lift point weldments, they have these dinky little formed rods. Those start to bow under the weight of the deck. Usually this starts on the right side first due to how the lift is all linked together. This slow bowing causes the deck settings to get all out of whack. The pitch, level, and equal 4-point chain tension gets all out of whack. So you have to adjust the deck settings all the time. With these machines, this is a real pain in the arse because all you have to work with are the bolts the chains swing on.

Several of them also have post-welding bows in the deck lift handles, which causes them to rub inside the height selector and be a real pain in the arse...

On two of them, the drive sticks rubbed the sides of the seats because the fit was no good and there was no way to adjust it. So the comfort adjustment bolt heads on the sticks cut holes in the covering on the sides of the seats.

Aside from the leaking hydro fluids, I also had another little dangerous leak on all my machines. Something was crappy about the design of the fuel tanks themselves. So all of the caps leaked. Even the ones on the new mowers that were supposed to be designed to stop this. This was particularly embarrassing and problematic. The caps on the old ones had the standard type vent holes. These would spring a freakin' leak in the form of a big fountain rooster tail. My gas tanks would squirt like water guns. Especially if the day was warm enough, or the job was bouncy enough to build some pressure in the tanks. Or if you were to get on a hill with any measurable amount of fuel in the tanks. I've gone to get on them on a job to find them sitting on the trailer or wherever I parked them on the site squirting fuel up in the air. I've seen the same thing after coming back from trimming... Gas running between the floor boards on the trailer and leaking on the driveway/parking lot. You can just imagine how embarrassing that is, or better yet having a customer flag you down because you are squirting the lawn, or having one stop you and while you are there chatting your cap springs a leak... Then there is the situation where gas squirts over on the exhaust and you burn one down right where it sits....

Embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe the way I felt the number of times I had to stop on-site to fix something. Can you see yourself getting caught using a customer driveway or parking lot as a maintenance shop so you could finish their lawn or get the mower back on the trailer. I've had to stop numerous times to re-adjust the deck to keep it from wrecking the grass. I've had to push them on the driveway, jack and block them up and purge the hydro system so I could finish or get back up on the trailer.

Anyhow, I have yet to get into the battery part of the issue.
But does this start to drive home the point about the problems?
And the fact that the larger issue is that none of them were ever FIXED?

YardPro
02-13-2006, 12:36 AM
first off envy
you are telling people to buy a lesco mower.... they are a rebadged cub cadet..why not tell people to buy cub cadet???

second, for someone with "legal limitations" you sure have given alot of the " specifics" that you were not allowed to give out... hope thier lawyers don't read this...

lastly you said someting about a drive problem, what was that...you keep talking about the deck..which, i could see nothing wrong with. (although i do not doubt that the first one as waped)..also where is the big yellow "commercial" sticker in that deck????

did you buy a model with a BS intek??? if so shame on you.. you should have known right there that that was homeowner...
and did you actually mount a much larger engine ???? if so shame on you for that too.....

just playing a little devils advocate here and pointing out some discrepencies with your posts on this thread... could be simple mistake.. or could be a vegheful distortion of the facts..

and milo.... 245 hrs and trouble free does not mean much... over 1K hrs and trouble free is something to post about...

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Yardpro,

You don't know jack about the Lesco/Cub thing, so educate yourself first.

Second, I am not worried about their lawyers, as there is nothing they can do to me for telling the truth. My limitations are about my own pending legal decisions and what my own attorney advised that I address and not address.

As far as the drive problems, if you read you will find some answers in post # 45.
Second full paragraph no less.

ALL of the units were COMMERCIAL units and ALL of them had COMMERCIAL grade powerplants with 2 year COMMERCIAL WARRANTY. Intek engines are not warrantied as such. Only some of the high spec ELS engines and the Vanguards. Some of my units also had Kawasaki's too...

No, I did not replace it with a much larger engine. Hell there was never room enough to do that in the first place. But hold on and you will see for yourself.

It's best that you refrain from playing the devil's advocate.
You are not very good at it.
All you are causing is un-needed STRIFE.

Stay tuned.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Now as far as the battery issue goes... Let me first just point out something...

'IF' any of you reading this are in the position of not knowing about the hazards of batteries, allow me to educate you on what I learned about them after the fact of buying these mowers.

When a battery becomes overheated by charging, ambient heat, ect, it becomes a very volitile situation. For those of you that don't know like I didn't, when overheated batteries emit HYDROGEN GAS which is HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE.

Now me being dumb to this, I do recall questioning the battery placement. But I figured,"hey they are the design engineers, so if they put it there it must be okay."

Now, allow me to define where it is that "THERE" actually is...
On some of these machines, they mounted the battery right on the engine deck on the left hand side. This placed the battery tucked partially under the left gas tank. So this put the battery right dead beside the head of the engine. So this places it right near the valve cover and too close to the exhaust header pipe coming off on that side. What's more is that some of them also had underslug mufflers like many ZTR's do.... and a left hand exhaust exit that put the exhaust tip right at the rear of the battery. All the Briggs powered units I owned had this same setup.

In order to change the plug on that side, you literally had to remove the battery from the unit. On the one Briggs powered unit that had the engine trouble, I got to do that about once every 2 hours, because for whatever reason if would dry foul the plugs black and I would have to replace them on the go.

Here is a picture I took in the field to send to Yazoo/Kees because the dealer mechanic said there wasn't a problem (wasn't competent enough to find one) and the lying arse distributor said they fixed it. You can see the plug after about two hours. You can also see the placement of the muffler and exhaust tip. In addition, you can also see the fouling soot by the tip on the red part of the frame.

But the important part to note is in the upper left. You can see the battery and you can see where the battery sticker is already curling up from the boiling over of the battery.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Here I am attmpting to better photograph the soot on the frame.
But it is washed out in the digital picture due to the sunlight.
I was trying my best to get something done with the orginal engine.

But the important thing to note is that if you look between the battery and the exaust tip you will see a DANGER sticker. If you look, you can see the tracks left behind from the battery acid running down the frame and over the sticker.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Here is another accidental capture especially for Yardpro and everyone saying I put a larger engine on the mower.
If you look to the left of the plug threads you can see the valve cover on the engine.
You can what???

Maybe swipe a credit card between the battery the valve cover of the orginal equipment engine?

Where is the room to mount a larger engine????

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Here is another I took to show someone why I had to remove my battery to change the plug on that side. This puts the whole area in proper perspective. Dangerous... and where is the room?

But importantly, notice the advanced curling of the sicker on top of the battery from the boilover. You can see the white on top of the battery. In addition, if you look between the tank and the ground cable you can see it on the frame. It's also visible on the frame below the wingnut on the ground terminal.

I was oblivious to this being dangerous at the time....

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Now, my other units powered with 19hp and 21hp Kawasaki engines ALSO had the same problems, even though I thought they would not.

DESPITE the smaller size of the Kawaski engines (you could stick your fist between the battery and the engine) and the fact they had different exhaust setups (that were like common walkbehind style) with the exahust can standing upright in the opposite right rear corner of the frame.

Just as with the Briggs powered units, they were still getting overheated by the header pipe on that side and the heat off the engine frame they were sitting on. The Briggs units heated them more and on three sides. But the Kawi's heated them enough on 2 sides to cause the problem also.

Here's a picture of one of the Kawi units with the battery out and the area well cleaned up. You can see what the battery sat on and the fact the acid was already eating away at the frame and on the black metal punture guard... see the nice straightly scored line around where the top of the battery would be?

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Oh and sorry, here is a literature pic that I put notes on so you can see and understand the difference with the Kawasaki powered units although they still had the same issues as the Briggs powered units.

Much smaller, and a totally different exhaust.

scottishmaximus
02-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the posts and pics. These specifics are what i was looking for. Could you tell us what models you had and how many??

I wonder if the battery and deck idler issues are due to poor placement due to the small size of the mini Z's. The battery thing is pretty scary. I also wonder if the engines were too much for the components.

The hydro pump issue is interesting since they do use popular pumps and motors. Basicallly the installation, hoses, reservor, and cooler are the variables. Just curious, did you have any service work done that could have caused these problems. Your dealer already sounds pretty lousy.

thanks again for the specifics

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the posts and pics. These specifics are what i was looking for. Could you tell us what models you had and how many??

I wonder if the battery and deck idler issues are due to poor placement due to the small size of the mini Z's. The battery thing is pretty scary. I also wonder if the engines were too much for the components.

The hydro pump issue is interesting since they do use popular pumps and motors. Basicallly the installation, hoses, reservor, and cooler are the variables. Just curious, did you have any service work done that could have caused these problems. Your dealer already sounds pretty lousy.

Hey, no problem. I'm actually glad you pushed a little.
I said more than I ever have, maybe more than I should have.
But overall, I feel much BETTER having more of this off my chest.

I'll catch up on the rest a bit later on....

WREBELMACHINE
02-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I think that someone is going to have to start a new thread on Yazoo and customer support. I think I will give them a call again and see what they say about screwing my dealer and eventually screwing me!

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I think that someone is going to have to start a new thread on Yazoo and customer support. I think I will give them a call again and see what they say about screwing my dealer and eventually screwing me!

Good luck with their voice mail :rolleyes:
And good luck getting a return call :rolleyes:
Email is not much better. :rolleyes:

It would be faster to just drive there
gmc

But don't expect to get a plauseable answer out of them ;)

I would like to hear your story though. I bet it's not much different than how they treated my two dealers in regards to warranty issues that were Y/K's problem, and not the dealer's fault.

Tonyr
02-13-2006, 05:56 PM
hmmmmmm, nice read there mate, these damn mowers really can stress the crap outa ya hey!

this thread kinda reminds me of one recently discussing my recent problematic greeen coloured mower. unless people have been in this frustrating situation they cannot begin to understand how it feels, but many jump in and defend the mower company, despite how many facts you put on the table, if people like a brand, they will not be swayed......

I know what ya going through mate, as ya know!

I don't know what the answer is, maybe reps, dealers, manufacturers all need to lift their game in put more effort in direct client service, field visits etc, not just sell n forget, but followup etc, like give a damn about their product and clients.

Envy, mate......I told you to buy a deeeere, the ultimate machines made by the most caring company who resolve all issues fast, mate, why won't you listen, lol, lol, lol.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I'm just happy as I don't know what with my Lesco.
No real problems with the mower.
As far as support, even with the smallest thing, you can measure the response time in minutes.
I leave a voicemail, somebody calls right back.
I make a call, talk and have to wait to hear back, it's notime.
I send an email, somebody replies or calls right back.

This goes for my shop and the corporate guys.

Parts are usually next day too.
It's like going from zero to hero.
I'm happy now.

Contrary to what some think, I'm not impossible to please. Just give me a mower that works and I'll stay occupied. When something goes wrong with it, acknowlege it and take care of the problem quickly by whatever means needed. If the blades ain't spinning on it, it ain't making me money, and if it stays that way long I'm not going to be a happy camper.

What could be more simple?

Tonyr
02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Contrary to what some think, I'm not impossible to please. Just give me a mower that works and I'll stay occupied. When something goes wrong with it, acknowlege it and take care of the problem quickly by whatever means needed. If the blades ain't spinning on it, it ain't making me money, and if it stays that way long I'm not going to be a happy camper.

What could be more simple?

==================

Me too mate, that's what I was trying to achieve all along, but the dealer and deere just could not understand, without a good machine, I lose my biz, house etc, it is very important, but to them it is a product sale, to me it is a tool to earn money....2 different ways of looking at a machine and a problem.

Well, we both are over the crap now, nice feeling hey!

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 07:42 PM

Glad I finally put things in better perspective, which really still does not address the issue at hand, which is just how extremely lousy the support is and how bad they can treat their customers. As for the different mowers themselves, I would rather not let things get too broad and confusing... so let's just say this. I have lengthy experience with every unit they have ever made except the Mega-Max. This is my basis for overall judgment and drawing conclusions. But for the purposes of this thread, let me make sure I clarify that only two of them were standard new purchases that were under full manufacturer's warranty that Yazoo/Kees was fully on the hook for. Ironically, those two are the ones that I had the most trouble with. Either single one of them (your choice) gave me more problems that every other piece of power equipment I have ever owned combined. These are also the same model series mowers I have pictured. They were the Mini-Max commercial mowers, both 48" cuts. Thank goodness, these are discontinued now as far as I know. Rather it's true or not, I would like to atleast think that the suffering and stress I have endured at least served some good purpose such as this...

Well, they did not design the mower is such a way as there was any feasible safe place to mount them. So it was probably chosen as one of those "as good a place as any" type things. But this is no excuse because plenty of other even more compact machines are designed with some common sense in mind. As for the deck belt thing. That was on one mower. So no, I would not try to drive the stake deeper just because the opportunity is there. I only brought it up because it did a good job of illustrating the oddball type problems you could encounter with these machines. The kind of problems and inconsistencies in manufacturing and assembly where you have problems crop up that you can't pinpoint a reason for or commonly solve. Oh, and no I do not believe the engines were too much for the components if you are suggesting the drive line and such. But I guess there is a possibility if you are suggesting other items. But I would not want to dive too far into speculation. I try to stay only with what I know.

Yes, I also always found the hydro issues to be puzzling, especially at first. It's hard to diagnose what's going on inside of a system without lengthy personal experience, well trained techs to turn to, and having someone actually DO SOMETHING to check them out throughly and not stop until a diagnosis is made.

As far as service work is concerned, nothing was ever really done. All I had happen was one untrained mechanic took lines loose off one pump in an attempt to do a flow check. But we all knew he didn't have a clue what he was doing.... And at that point the system was already having problems. The one in question had 74 hours on it I think, and the ONLY reason that much was done is because the mower dang near killed me while acting up.

You are right though. There is not a whole lot else that makes up a system. As long as they are not doing something stupid like using seconds, or failing to match up compatible pumps and motors, not much else is left. My personal belief and personal conclusion I have came to is that the quality of a drive system and the ability of proven parts to perform is all hinged on the design of the rest of the system.

In other words, I feel a system is only as good as it's setup, mounting, plumbing, cooling and circulation. I could type half the night about various aspects of all this. But that's it in a nutshell I believe.

As far as both my dealers involved with these two mowers are concerned, to this day, I still feel both did the best they could without shouldering it ALL themselves. The one did what he could as he was having problems in his shop. His mechanic did suck, and we both knew that. But he did try to assist in getting the distributor involved. They sucked for sure, which was not his fault. In the end though, I felt he and the other dealer of the second one were both in a position where there hands were tied in the ordeal. Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna would not help them help me ya know. So I feel they shouldered all they could. I really felt bad for the way the manufacturer treated them, especially the second one.

I have no hard feelings with either dealer to this day. One of them dropped Yazoo/Kees like a hot potato afterwards. The other still has a couple sitting around and I have not asked. I still patronize both of them now and then for various things. I just don't do mower business with them anymore.

Green King
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Actually the dealer here has gone out of his way to service what he sells that is why I will continue to buy from him for his commitment to the commercial cutter. On the other hand Carswell and apparently Yazoo does not care about me or the dealer that feeds them Oh well I guess it must be nice to have money and an attitude like that!

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Actually the dealer here has gone out of his way to service what he sells that is why I will continue to buy from him for his commitment to the commercial cutter. On the other hand Carswell and apparently Yazoo does not care about me or the dealer that feeds them Oh well I guess it must be nice to have money and an attitude like that!

That's what I say.
Personally, that being the case, I think I would invest in one of the other brands he carries if that is an option. I'm all about taking care of those who take care of me and screw the rest...

By the way, I'd like to hear the details of your story too. As I told the other guy, I bet that side of the story is very similar to that side of my story.

Green King
02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Envy

I think I can do better than that I am going to talk my dealer in the morning and see if he will join this site and list the problems he is having with Carswell!

My problems have been minor other than the fact of blade spindles being weak! Some of the guys have had some serious issues like Fire! I fortunately have not experienced that but My dealer has one parked at his place one that is just a skeleton! I am not sure what was done about that one! If I had to guess I would say that Carswell and YK said tough luck!

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Green King,

Carswell is certainly a lousy bunch, that's for sure and they can leave a customer and dealer hung out to dry. I know some of those jerks personally now, so I know all too well. One day I'll have to tell you that story.

But anyways, when it comes right down to decisions being made and who calls the big shots, it's the people at Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf.

Sir mowsalot
02-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Envy, I can only imagine the frustration, and po'd feeling you must have had thru this ordeal. It isnt like this company no only made a mistake and wouldnt fix it or work with you, but they lie to you and about you. If you notice my signature saying at the bottom "its not how many mistakes you make, but how many you correct" and i know from reading your posts that you couldnt agree more with that. To err is human, but to not fix your err and not acknowledge it, is a rubber stamp to the poor house both literally and spiritually. You reap what you sow, and this company has sowed some pretty horrible seeds, they will reap back.
Anyhoo, while on the subject of owning up to mistakes i will share one about my scag w.b.( i since have sold it). Last year the tranny went out due to water getting in and rusting the components, didnt have it even a year. The dealer told me the warranty would not cover it. I argued to no avail, and just figured that is the end of my business with this dealer, looks like i got the shaft. My wife happened to call up Scag themselves, and talked to the big boss, and explained to him the situation. He told my wife if water was in the tranny it had to have happened from the factory, and could not have been my fault, said they would send a new one free of charge and pay for labor. Now that is a company i can deal with. Now, i got to thinking about this dealer and what they might have been trying to pull on me. I cant say for sure, but only speculate, that they wouldve put in a new tranny, charged me for it, and sent in the warranty papers to scag and got the reimbursement for the tranny. That way they wouldve been paid twice for one tranny. Of course, i could be wrong, and i dont want to falsely accuse anyone, but i really beleive this is what they were pulling. I since found the ultimate dealer (scag) and it is like finding gold.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Sir mowsalot,

Man do you ever totally totally get it!!! That's EXACTLY RIGHT!

That goes for ANY company. It's one thing to spit out a lemon now and then, and yet another to plant a grove and sell them as oranges and apples.

Also, it's one thing to build sub-par equipment. But it is yet another not to stand behind it. But not only do that but give folks the run around, treat them inhumane, deny problems, deny responsiblity and just flat out try to cheat someone by not honoring the commitments of the sale, such as performance of warranty.

They know dang well what it is they have out there in the field and they know dang well what the repetitive issues are. But rather than correct it with the ALREADY PAID customer, they instead employ their loss prevention tactics, which I am sure work exceedingly well with most people. I'd say most just give up and go away. So with that being the case, instead of dropping the axe at the factory and putting an end to such products being shipped out, they just forge on "as-is" and what's more, continue to cut more corners to cut more costs along the way. So as they make the visual upgrades, other things go downhill behind the scenes.

In the end though, I hope the reputable companies prevail.

Overall, I would not even waste my time drudging all this up, but I really hate being pushed in a corner, and it would really go against my personal beliefs just to let it go, knowing all the while it would lead to others ending up in the same position I was in.

And thanks again Sir mowsalot for taking the time to express your veiw of this.
Reading your words really meant the world to me in all this.
It's good to know that others can see through it all and see the whole picture for what it is.

mowergal
02-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey guys I know the dealer you are talking about and I have been out there the place looks like a junk yard, the dealer doesn't seem to want to help customers out at all. All the dealer wants to do is sit around and complain.
I have dealt with OEI and yes they are from Arkansas and it takes about 3 days to get parts up here. I don't know that much about Carswell though, I have used Yazoo's to mow with and they do a good job but it is like any other piece of equipment if you don't maintain it then you will have big problems! Why do you people think it is all the big companies fault when I was out at this dealers place I looked over all his Yazoo's and they were 3 and 4 years old that makes me think like I said he isn't rotating his inventory is he?

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 12:38 PM
That's funny, no one ever let out any information at all about who and where any dealer might be.

What does "maintaining the equipment" have to do with anything any of us have said or discussed? If fact, some of these things are maintenace free, others never lasted even half the maintenace interval. The only thing that was not "maintained" was the performance of the warranty when things went wrong.

Oh, and the 3 & 4 year old stock is better than the new stuff.
The quality has done nothing but go downhill every year.

MOLE

mowergal
02-14-2006, 12:56 PM
hey Green King, Your dealer doesn't want to do anything but spread hate around did your dealer tell you he used to work with yazoo/kees, so if he did hisjob right he should know how to get all your troubles fixed by going to the top and also he should know all the ins and outs to make people jump! Sounds like he doesn't want to do his job as a dealer.

mowergal
02-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Envy, if you would read and see where people are far you can tell. Your problem is out there and that is your problem!@!!!! Where it comes to the southwest missouri that is my bread and butter! "Sorry you had a bad deal but don't expect all dealers to be like yours ok also you would have other distrubutor besides who they are talking about OK

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Envy, if you would read and see where people are far you can tell. Your problem is out there and that is your problem!@!!!! Where it comes to the southwest missouri that is my bread and butter! "Sorry you had a bad deal but don't expect all dealers to be like yours ok also you would have other distrubutor besides who they are talking about OK

Green King

Humm, so there is one Yazoo/Kees dealer in all of the southwest???
Interesting.

"Your problem is out there and that is your problem!@!!!!"
Good to see the mentality is the same across the board.

Anyways, my dealers are in the business of selling mowers, same as all the rest.
They aren't the ones making mowers, supplying parts or approving/denying warranty work.

Hate to break it to you, I have the same distributor they do in the southwest.

mowergal
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Envy,

I called my distributor OEI and they do not go in your area! so sorry dear one!

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Hate to break it to you dear, but nobody here is talking about OEI... only you.

The only distributor that has been discussed here is Carswell.

milo
02-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Hate to break it to you dear, but nobody here is talking about OEI... only you.

The only distributor that has been discussed here is Carswell.
hi envy, who is carswell??? dancing

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 04:42 PM
hi envy, who is carswell??? dancing

They are the major distributor of Yazoo/Kees products.

They cover most of the US except a few areas such as yours and wherever mowergal is.

mowergal
02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey Envy,

OEI is a part of Carswell and what I am upset about is this dealer people are prasing like he is God here in Southwest Missouri and I'm sorry NO ONE is God.
He also worked for the distributor and now plains them because they won't work with him well dear if he was a good sales rep he would know how to make them jump for him to help his customer, that is all I am saying.

Carswell well do whatever they can to make customers happy if it is the equipments fault and it is used the way it is suppose to be used like homeowner use for homeowner not commercial, and that commercial equipment is not abruised like I do! I will be the first to say I abruise my equipment because when I mow I want to get it done! I will also do my best to keep other things on it clean done up.

Tonyr
02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
starting to gets lots of nice warm effection in this thread now Envy....dear lol.

man, you sure are a chic magnet! ha ha ha.

yeeeehaaaa! for Yazoo/Kees , another mob showing such interest in client satisfaction, what is it with mower makers?

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey Envy,

OEI is a part of Carswell and what I am upset about is this dealer people are prasing like he is God here in Southwest Missouri and I'm sorry NO ONE is God.
He also worked for the distributor and now plains them because they won't work with him well dear if he was a good sales rep he would know how to make them jump for him to help his customer, that is all I am saying.

Carswell well do whatever they can to make customers happy if it is the equipments fault and it is used the way it is suppose to be used like homeowner use for homeowner not commercial, and that commercial equipment is not abruised like I do! I will be the first to say I abruise my equipment because when I mow I want to get it done! I will also do my best to keep other things on it clean done up.

Well, that sounds really really far contrary to what I know for a fact to be true. You forget I have been to Carswell personally, met them personally, ect. FACT is, one of my mowers sat for weeks on end waiting for Carswell to pick it up. Then it sat at my dealer for weeks more waiting on them to pick it up after they told me to deliver it there for pickup. It finally got to the point that between Carswell and what Y/K was telling me to do, I finally called Carswell myself and volunteered to deliver them the mower myself AND bring it back, provided they would take care of the issue at hand.

But that is the better part of the story.

So no I won't sit here and read statements like "Carswell well do whatever they can to make customers happy" and not say anything when I know good and well many many of us know that is not the case.

My guess is, you work for them.

WREBELMACHINE
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Mowergal

Apparently you have not had a breakdown with 500 acres a week to cut and not have anything to cut with. The dealer I deal with does not have a problem getting things done. Please show me another dealer in this area that will fix your machine on the truck while you wait! There is no one else that does this. The only real thing that has really been said on here is poor customer support from a manufacturing and distributor side not dealer. I do not think Envy blamed his dealer either. Now I never said he was god but he is the most knowledgeable guy in this area by far.

Also were did you buy your YK from?

And how long have you had your YK mower?

Also you have apparently talked to OEI directly and since they only have one dealer here now and you do not seem to impressed are they selling parts directly to you?

WREBELMACHINE
02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Mowergal

A couple of other facts for you! You stated that he had 3-4 year old mowers. He to my knowledge became a dealer in 2004 for YK. If your statement is true than Carswell OEI must have sold him old inventory!

I have been mowing commercially for the past 15+years until 2004 I almost never saw a Yazoo mower. So tell me if he is not moving inventory were are all of these mowers coming from? Because this past season there were several on trailers being used!

mike payne
02-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I have owned two y.k. z.t.r.s. The first one was a 61" with a 25hp kohler. It ran good and I had no mechanial problems. After two years and about 1000hours, I traded it for a 61" with a 27hp kohler. Afer one season I have had no mechanal problems and I put over 500 hours on this mower last season. The 27hp kohler does have a great thirst for gas. I would another y.k. with out hesitation.

Green King
02-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Mowergal have you read this entire post? I never said that my dealer could not get things done in fact he is and has gone out of his way to take care of me! The facts are Carswell is not a good distributor and I have experience with them on using robin weed eaters in the past. Because of poor service on there part not any dealers part and by the way it is a diffrent dealer in town than the Yazoo dealer I no longer use Robin trimmers. Did you know that Carswell is also the importer for Robin but they the mighty take care of your customer do whatever it takes carswell did not even have a driveshaft in stock for my trimmer! Boy is that taking care of the cutstomer! I and envy and the others are stating that Carswell and YK do not care about there customers which is the dealer and myself!

I never said the machine was bad in fact I have had good luck whith it except blade spindles which my dealer found a cure for the problem and fixed it.

milo
02-14-2006, 08:18 PM
cool envy so you are saying my yazoo is from better people than this person carswell?

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 09:34 PM
cool envy so you are saying my yazoo is from better people than this person carswell?

Oh, yes sir. One of their guys (mowerman) got involved with me in an effort to help although I was not in his area. You know he and I have had 'cross' words here and all. But still I would never attempt to run him down. He got involved although he was under NO OBLIGATION to and he tried to help. CLEARLY the distributor support in your area is BETTER than Carswell by a long shot.

In my particular situations, that still would not (and did not) help me. But that's not the distributor's fault or mowerman's fault. It was not for lack of trying certainly though. But in the end, in my situations, Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf called all the big shots, and ultimately the ball was entirely in their court. They had to be the ones to take responsibility and do something.... because after all, it was their responsibility in the first place.

I only had 'cross' words with mowerman here on this site because of things he said here. Although he was wrong for doing that, I still would not take advantage of an opportunity to run him down into the dumps with Carswell. Rather I was upset with him here in the past, he's still miles above that.

I stick to telling it how it is and nothing more.

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I have owned two y.k. z.t.r.s. The first one was a 61" with a 25hp kohler. It ran good and I had no mechanial problems. After two years and about 1000hours, I traded it for a 61" with a 27hp kohler. Afer one season I have had no mechanal problems and I put over 500 hours on this mower last season. The 27hp kohler does have a great thirst for gas. I would another y.k. with out hesitation.

Oh, and I wish you nothing but more good luck like that.

Would you mind sharing what model year machines those actually were though.
If you don't know how to tell, I can help you.
I know how to decode the model/serial numbers to find out when it was built.

Envy Lawn Service
02-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Mowergal

A couple of other facts for you! You stated that he had 3-4 year old mowers. He to my knowledge became a dealer in 2004 for YK. If your statement is true than Carswell OEI must have sold him old inventory!

I have been mowing commercially for the past 15+years until 2004 I almost never saw a Yazoo mower. So tell me if he is not moving inventory were are all of these mowers coming from? Because this past season there were several on trailers being used!

Check what I wrote in post #86...

Now, you can believe me when I tell you this DOES HAPPEN with them. I can look at one and tell you right down to the week it was built, and I can tell you right now that Carswell does ship some old inventory.

I guess they buy in large quantity, and these don't exactly sell like hotcakes in the grand sceme of things. The old ZT Max models with the horizontal engines just recently finally cycled out here. They were still shipping new in the crate long after they were discontinued due to the lost patent lawsuit. None of the others I got new in the crate were that year's model either. In fact, I had one shipped in direct from Carswell new in the crate LATE in the year. It was thought it would be the next year's model being that it was that late. But instead it turned out to be the prior year model and it still had not even been shipped to a dealer yet. It would have been 2 years old atleast before it would have even thought about being shipped to a dealer under normal circumstances.

Didn't take me long with that machine to find out that older was actually better because it was made cheaper than the prior ones...

mowergal
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
wrebelmachine no OEI isn't selling parts to me directly, they have helped me go to other dealers around the area to get parts, and I have delt with OEI on the dealer level for some years.
I don't have a yk now due to the fact I was working for a other type of dealership so I have a other kind of mower.
I will be honest no I don't mow that much due to I have a full time job, I mow on the side and I also help a friend who mows, they have a yk and I use his some. OEI is just a distributor for a lot of other brands and it the factory where they get their parts from aren't pulling their weight like the Robin you had problems with then how can the distributor do their job?

Envy Lawn Service
02-15-2006, 01:51 AM
wrebelmachine no OEI isn't selling parts to me directly, they have helped me go to other dealers around the area to get parts, and I have delt with OEI on the dealer level for some years.
I don't have a yk now due to the fact I was working for a other type of dealership so I have a other kind of mower.
I will be honest no I don't mow that much due to I have a full time job, I mow on the side and I also help a friend who mows, they have a yk and I use his some. OEI is just a distributor for a lot of other brands and it the factory where they get their parts from aren't pulling their weight like the Robin you had problems with then how can the distributor do their job?

All that puts things in perspective.... Thanks for being honest.

You're just not really in a spot where you can weigh in with us on all this.
It's like a rookie flyweight trying to weigh in for a heavyweight title fight.

That's OK though. The last part of your last post does bring forth a strong point. You are in fact exactly right about this. Support networks are a chain. So they are only as strong as the weakest link. PERIOD.

In the case of Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna the MFG is the weakest link. Since that is the case, the rest of the chain is just swinging... fending for itself... distributor, dealer and customer.

Most guys who have had a good experience were lucky. Lucky to never have problems, or lucky enough to have a dealer and or distributor pick up the slack and eat the cost of parts, repairs, ect. Without that, they would be out of luck.

Anyways, the point is that when things are this bad, it is inevitable that sooner or later a total breakdown occurs. Either someone gets tired of shouldering the slack and says "no more" or it finally just gets to the point that the supply chain for parts breaks down. Customer can't get them because the dealer can't get them, dealer can't get them because the distributor can't get them, and the distributor can't supply what they can't get from the MFG... regardless of rather the part is covered or not.

Usually it's not a matter of "can't get" but rather can't get it in anywhere near a "REASONABLE TIME FRAME" or in the case of warranty parts, they just never deliver. That sort of thing.

Now... all this goes without saying that Husqvarna is distributed differently. So I tried going that route when needing a part that was out of stock at the dealer. In this case it was simple, OEM mulching blades. So I got the Husqvarna part number from Husqvarna support and called every dealer around. None of them had it either. So I went to the one with the most 'pull' and placed an order for the blades. They say they can have them in a day

That Day > Paid $63.46 for 3 blades.

A Few Days Later > OK, so I was pretty tired of waiting for these blades and I was already close by the dealer I ordered them from. So I stopped in and wasted a half hour just to find out the dang things are back ordered. So I'm pissed, but I don't say anything, but I guess it must have shown in my face because the parts guy got rather nervous. So he called Husqvarna. Lady there said she would locate the closest set and drop ship them next-day.

Later I have a message from the dealer. So I call back. A parts guy says the lady at Husqvarna called back to say they would be drop shipped soon hopefully. So... I'm like WTF??? Takes this long to get a set of blades?.... Meanwhile the guy is muttering on some crap about extra charges for the drop shipping. I said no way am I paying any more!!! I feel $63.46 is already too much for a set of 48" blades and now I'm having to wait longer than promised....

He then changes his tune and says no-no, I was questioning her about any extra charges. I wasn't going to pass them on to you, but we weren't going to pay the extra to get them on in here either.... COOL.

I wait... and I wait...

TWO Weeks Later > Well, after all this time, the blades finally arrived last thing this evening and I had just enough time to jet down after them. Unreal amount of time to get a set of blades!!! Anyways I get there in relief because I really really need these blades right now for the leaves and beyond the contract extra work. I get to the counter, ask for them, the guy goes back, brings them out.... NOT THE RIGHT BLADE!!!! But it is a mulching blade that will fit, just not the one I asked Husqvarna support for the part number for.

WEEKS to get a simple mower blade here, and when I pick it up it's not the right one.

WREBELMACHINE
02-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I never said anything about having a robin trimmer!

Envy Lawn Service
02-16-2006, 04:43 PM
I never said anything about having a robin trimmer!

Does that mean there is a story?
Or does that mean you are confused?

If confused, Green King has/had the Robin trimmer.

I would love a Robin NB20 trimmer also.
I've heard nothing but good about them and I've wanted one forever.
But I thing the reason I continue to pass/put it off is obvious.

mowergal
02-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Green King I think you need to go to a Husky dealer and ask them because they sell alot of Husky's in this area. I personal don't like them but I do like Yazoo and Toro's. It seems to be you just like to but down distributors when sometimes it is the factory!

Green King
02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
There are huskies being used! Wow I must have missed them on all the trailers running around. The only orange machines I have seen are Encore, Bad Boy and Scag. No husky. Besides with the Husky dealer that I know of if something happend to a machine it would be a weeks before I would get it back. I think I will pass on that one.

mkwl
02-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Yazoo/Kees- from what I've heard, they're JUNK! Stick with Bob-Cat, Toro Proline, Exmark etc! :usflag:

Green King
02-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Yazoo Kees is not junk I had good luck with mine the problem is the support with them and it usually is not the dealer from what I understand. The biggest problem with any product is support if you do not have it that product is not going to be a big success.

old dog 80
02-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Changing thread a little.I had problems regarding Encore ,Stull Equipment,
and local dealer-had 3 hydro walk behinds and a 52 Pro Rider.Distributor
changed,dealer didn't like them,I sit in the cold.An average machine with
excellent service beats excellent machine with poor service anyday.The new
distributor would not honor the warrenty(dealer filed it for me).They said it was never filed(I don't know for sure,out of business dealer swore it was) and the
company turned their back on me -said to deal with distributor.Long story short
is very bad taste in my mouth!

JimQ
10-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Envy -

Now I understand.

I wish you and I could have talked when you were going through all of this crap... and it was crap. You had some very valid beefs.

I hate to hear stories like this. For some, purchasing a commercial mower is ultimately an investment in a tool to be used to feed the family. Breakdowns happen but when they're not fixed quickly (and correctly) that's just unacceptable.

If anyone out there finds them selves in a similar situation with any commercial Husqvarna, Yazoo Kees or Dixon ZTR, PM me and I'll do every thing in my power to make it right.

Take care,
Q

mark_the_psycho
10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
:clapping: :clapping::clapping:THEY ARE THE BEST!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping: I have 1984 Yazoo Red Rider and I do about 10 yards a week with it. I recently put a new engine on it, (it kinda needed it, but not too badly) because I got it for $500 BELOW the list price. Other than that, I haven't had any other problems with it. The thing is solid as a rock, the steering isn't even loose. I had a Snapper rear engine rider (1988) and it was a piece of crap, in the year I had it, I had to replace the drive disc 3 TIMES, the spindle housing, and several pulleys, not to mention that I could turn the handle bars a full inch before the the wheels would. Also the deck on the Snapper was incredibly thin metal and would bend very easily, unlike the Red Rider, which is so thick that when I was getting used to the "new" mower I accidentally hit a tree stump (not a "real" tree stump, like an inch across) and the only damage was a couple scratches in the paint, which after 24 years isn't looking so good. I have been thoroughly impressed with this mower.

WREBELMACHINE
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Boy I forgot how old this thread was! I just bought out a company that had some yk machines I got me another mega max a 52" hydor walk with the pps handles and floating deck really cool machine. But I have no dealer here know so I quess I will put them on ebay.