PDA

View Full Version : what or how to go about really learing this

jebbster007
08-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I am a career landscaper in the making. I can design a little and work efficiently
on most any job. My problem lies in that my mentor knows everything, or almost about the biz. I'm studying on how to recognize the many problems associated with what this forum deals with. I have sent for the manual(for a license) and have read some and don't know where to look other than getting real experience with out his help. My foot is way passed the door with this company which I will have soon enough for me. As I said I know some but want to be fluent in this area. possible that their is a good book that I can study along with what I learn form him? thanks
Jeb

GreenUtah
08-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Jeb,
If you have someone that knows everything, then why aren't you asking every possible question you can concieve to that person? There are loads of books, articles, magazines, forums, classes etc. out there and there is no "read a book and I'm all done" solution. We're talking about living things always on the change and we'll never know all there is to know abou tthem. Heck, in what, 4000 years or so of what we now consider agriculture on this planet, is everything all settled and static as far as plant production and farming go? Hardly. Resign yourself to the fact that you will always need to be learning, there is no shortcut to experience and no one ever went broke asking for more money. Follow those facts, search out botanical, agronomic or plant science courses locally and ask questions. You'll get out what you put in.