PDA

View Full Version : Color Choices

Bobcat s250 NY
08-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Do you guys get involved in the color choosing process with the homeowners, or do you stay clear and let them make the choice? Today i was doing an estimate for a guy, and he was like what would go good with his house and Sandlewood from techo was a perfect match. He looked at me like i had 2 heads. Maybe it was the price on the techo he didnt like. :rolleyes:

AL Inc
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I try to bring samples of whatever I have. Sometimes I'll make a suggestion, other times they already know what they want. I send a lot of people to a mason yard that has a large display area.

Bobcat s250 NY
08-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I see your from Long Island. What stone do you use the most of? For the most part i have been pushing Techo. Today i picked up a load of Cambridge from All Island and none of the blocks are the same size. If I grab say 10 blocks from the skid maybe 4 will be the same height. Whats the deal with that? :realmad: Did anyone else ever run into this?

Dreams To Designs
08-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I do try to influence the color and style choice, but leave the ultimate decision to the client. My suggestion is to go and check out the choices at the display yard and I will bring sample kits for preliminary ideas.

Have used Cambridge in the past, but did not have the issue you describe. Unfortunately have not had the oppurtunity to use Cambridge or Techo so far this season, due to a dealer and location situation.

Kirk

DVS Hardscaper
08-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I NEVER get involved in color selection of material.

I get asked so many times what color to use, and I tell them, I will not make any suggestions.

If they go with my suggestion and they dont like the colors, they will resent me as long as they own the property.

Also, make sure your contract specifically states EXACTLY what colors will be used. I knew of a court case involving colors being selected by the contractor and not approved by the homeowner.

Colors are a personal choice, just like the clothing we each choose to wear.

Send your client to your supplier where they can see actual displays, and allow them to select on their own. After they make the selection, the YOU need to have something in writing stating the colors, models, makes, etc, with both your signature and your client's signature(s).