PDA

View Full Version : z-spray and acclaim

turf hokie
08-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Anybody use their z spray to apply acclaim?

I was wondering about the results you have gotten. I was going to try the 1/2 gallon per k nozzles and see.

I know it is late but the customer (a landscaper) wants it done for some of his bigger accounts.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-11-2005, 07:13 AM
I Dont Use A Zspray But With The Weather In My Area (not Too Far From You) Being So Dry......i Would Be Extremely Careful With Acclaim Or Msma...i Spray At The Lower Rate With 1 Gal Per Thousand Nozzle On The Chemlawn Gun And Its Way Borderline. Dont Do It In The Heat Of The Day Or If Over 90 Or If You Havent Had At Least A Little Rain In The Past Few Days, Other Guys Around Here Have Done It And The Lawns They Did Look Like They Did Roundup (reddish Brown Patches) Instead Of Acclaim. Customers With Proper Sprinler System Might Be Ok Too.

turf hokie
08-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks. I know it is border line. I am not spraying today way too hot, especially since I have not tried this method before.

Does any body else have experience with the z and acclaim.

Thanks

turfsolutions
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I sprayed a lawn infested with crabgrass last year with my z spray using acclaim and had good results. Just make sure your calibrated and you will be fine.

turf hokie
08-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks. I am going to give it a whirl tomorrow before it gets hot. We'll see in a week if it worked.

osc
08-11-2005, 08:07 PM
If you have three tillers or more you may have a problem.

Puttinggreens
08-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Also be very careful of any overlap in your spray pattern, especially at the awkward shaped ends.

I used Acclaim earlier last month with success at the 1/2 rate. It is tough on fine fescue and any turf under stress.

I only use acclaim on lowcut KBG. Everywhere else I think Drive is more cost effective.

Also, when I sprayed I used the 1.4 GPM nozzles to keep my spray volume high.

turf hokie
08-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys -- I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. I think it is too late to spray at this point anyway.

I wish I could use drive. But NY won;t register it. :angry: