PDA

View Full Version : Grassy Weed Control in Liriope

TScapes
08-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Looking for ideas on post emergent grassy weed control in Liriope. I have several properties that I just picked up that are infested with goosegrass, dallas and crabgrass in the big blue liriope beds.

I need something with some quick results, as image and some other products take too long. Any ideas will be appreciated!

Greg Amann
08-11-2005, 10:09 PM
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld63N005.pdf

Fusilade is labeled for grassy weeds over the top of liriope.

I don't know that you can expect quick results with any herbicide that is labeled for over-the-top use.

southernsprayguy
08-11-2005, 10:17 PM
I need something with some quick results, as image and some other products take too long. Any ideas will be appreciated!

You could try pulling them by hand for quick results.

TScapes
08-13-2005, 06:08 PM
You could try pulling them by hand for quick results.

Hmmmm... never thought of that. ;)

I guess since the properties that I were refering to have somewhere around 80+ islands combined, taking the time to "Manually" pull the weeds for "quick results" just never popped into my mind. Thanks for the "Good advice" Southernsprayguy.

TScapes
08-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Just looking for some input from guys that may have had the same problem before. I know that using some of the various selective herbicides, and even a generic "Grass B Gone" will work, I am simply looking for any trade secrets. What have ya'll used for the same problem?

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-13-2005, 06:17 PM
AMIGOS :rolleyes: BECAUSE IN THE HOT TEMPS EVEN A NORMALLY SAFE OVER THE TOP APP MIGHT BE PHOTO TOXIC

Ric
08-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Every Green or Green Giant Liriope is Roundup resistant and can be sprayed over. Now ever Variegated Liriope is not.

southernsprayguy
08-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Hmmmm... never thought of that. ;)

I guess since the properties that I were refering to have somewhere around 80+ islands combined, taking the time to "Manually" pull the weeds for "quick results" just never popped into my mind. Thanks for the "Good advice" Southernsprayguy.

Well you never said, until now, that there were 80+ islands...you just said several properties. Oh well some guys just can't take a little humor..Good luck with that.

Ric
08-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Every Green or Green Giant Liriope is Roundup resistant and can be sprayed over. Now ever Variegated Liriope is not.

Wow Just re-read my TYPO post.

Evergreen and Green Giant Lirope is Roundup Resistant. However Variegated Liriope is not.

Sorry

LwnmwrMan22
08-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Fusilade will take about 3 weeks to work, and if the grassy weeds are over 8" tall you'll have to pull it anyways.

I did a planting area at a bank to try it out about 5-6 weeks ago.