PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removal Idea

jhawk71
08-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Today I was thinking of ways to speed up mowing in the fall. My idea was buying a leaf loader and mounting it on my trailer. I don't have the funds for a dump trailer this season. So I was thinking of creating a cone and attaching it to the end of the leaf loader that would fill 4 trash bags at a time. Is this possible? Has anyone done this. I need to speed up because I am still in school and have football Monday-Friday and on Saturday mornings. I currently have around 25 yards and I'm afraid I will be short on time once school starts and the leaves start falling.
Thanks
Jeff Winegardner

impactlandscaping
08-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey Jeff, I don't know what kind of loader you are thinking about buying, but I don't think you'l get to bag the debris as planned. Stuff flies out of ours with such force, I have had some small rocks almost go thru the back of the box. I couldn't imagine the air volume and flying debris being funneled to bags. Even if it could be done in some manner, you'd be changing bags every few seconds.It would blow everything to hell for sure. Put a mulch kit and GrassGobbler on your Stander, that will help until the leaves get thick in late October.

Sweetwater
08-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Impact's advice is sound...also costs less than loader/vacuum. How 'bout paying some team mates cash to help during leaf season. Get the price right and you can have a leaf crew to collect leaves and you will be left to mow et cetera.

scagwildcat
08-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Why Dont You Just Use Your Loader To Unload????????? Thats How I Did It Before I Had A Dump, Forget Tarps A Pitch Forks, Who Wants To Do That After A Long Days Work? Just Make Up A Pipe That You Can Use To Unload, I Used Pvc Pipe With A 45 At The End, I Believe It Was 6 Inch ? Hope It Helps......

stumper1620
08-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Why Dont You Just Use Your Loader To Unload????????? Thats How I Did It Before I Had A Dump, Forget Tarps A Pitch Forks, Who Wants To Do That After A Long Days Work? Just Make Up A Pipe That You Can Use To Unload, I Used Pvc Pipe With A 45 At The End, I Believe It Was 6 Inch ? Hope It Helps......
opp's sorry erased post.

lwcmattlifter
08-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Anyone try the pallet method? I know it's been discussed on here a lot in the past. It works great as long as you have a sturdy hook up and go slow.