PDA

View Full Version : JD 757 with Mulch on Demand deck

Pecker
08-12-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi what's up. A while back there was alotta talk about Deere's MOD deck on the 757. I did a search and all the talk seems to have been future-oriented. Well. . .we're in the future now and I'd like to know who is using them and how you like it!

FYI I have a 2002 757 with a full mulch kit on it and love it. Although I could use the extra HP (that would be gained by opening the chute) when the St. Augustine gets healthy. Is buying a new 757 with the MOD deck (out of the question for me. . .) the only way to gain this option or has Deere made a kit I can put on mine?

Thanks.

Pecker
08-13-2005, 01:54 PM
bump^^^^bump^^^^

DLCS
08-13-2005, 03:21 PM
You'll have to either buy a new MOD 7 Iron deck or a 757 with the MOD deck. I've never heard of a kit, seems like to much modification would be needed. But you never know.

John Gamba
08-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Have you talked to deere?

John

stumper1620
08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi what's up. A while back there was alotta talk about Deere's MOD deck on the 757. I did a search and all the talk seems to have been future-oriented. Well. . .we're in the future now and I'd like to know who is using them and how you like it!

FYI I have a 2002 757 with a full mulch kit on it and love it. Although I could use the extra HP (that would be gained by opening the chute) when the St. Augustine gets healthy. Is buying a new 757 with the MOD deck (out of the question for me. . .) the only way to gain this option or has Deere made a kit I can put on mine?

Thanks.
My dealer told me that it has problems and until they get the bugs out he wouldn't recommend it.

Pecker
08-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll stick with what I've got. . .

QualityLawnCare4u
08-13-2005, 11:57 PM
I talked with my dealer short time back and was told they had some problems (as above poster said) and he also did not recommend the MOD at this time until deere gets the bugs out.

QuikKutLawn
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
I talked with my dealer short time back and was told they had some problems (as above poster said) and he also did not recommend the MOD at this time until deere gets the bugs out.

Have you ever thought, if no one buys the first machines, how does the manufacturer know what the "bugs" are? Not that I would either, but just curious...

Throgmorton
09-04-2005, 07:21 PM
I've got one of the MOD 757's. Have had a few problems with it. Mainly the cut. Trying to find the right type of blade. They made a in between blade that is suppose to mulch and or discharge. I've put 300 hours on mine this season. Currently getting a new Kaw engine put in because the engine had a compression problem. At this point, we don't think it is a JD problem. It is under warranty. I've broke two rods that opens the side chute. Dealer is ordering me another and I will do some welding on it to make it stronger. Currently I have as set of MEG-MO blades which works pretty well with this system.