PDA

View Full Version : need help selecting new mower

bow85
08-12-2005, 12:49 PM
I am working on purchasing a new commercial mower and have decided the 52 inch mower is the right size for the amount of mowing I will be doing. I have narrowed my choices to the following 3 mowers.

Exmark Lazer Z 52inch cut with 23hp Koehler Motor $6,523.00 No striping roller, no lights but it does have a rollbar.

Husquavara Model IZ5223T 52 inch cut Kawasaki 23 hp Motor $6,500.00. No striping, no lights but it does have a rollbar.

Simplicity 52 inch cut 23 hp Koehler $5,900.00. This mower has the striping roller and lights but no rollbar.

I have local dealers for all three machines.

Any input on quality and price would be appreicated.

stryper
08-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, I'm no expert, but the more I research things, the more I keep coming up with one answer: Ferris (http://www.ferrisindustries.com/m_zeroturn.php). Since the Simplicity is basically a rebadged Ferris anyway, I would probably be tempted to go that way. But then, you can't go wrong with an Exmark, and there is a stripe kit available. But with the kit, you're right at a grand more in price.

chimmygew
08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Everyone on here is going to give you a different preference of mower for a different reason. I am impartial to Scag. That being said, your best bet is to set up a demo with each mower and try them out to see what you like best. One thing that sells me on Scag is my dealer. You definitely need good dealer support if you are gonna mow commercially. I have spent a lot of money at my Scag dealer just for the fact that if something goes wrong, they will pull me in in front of everyone else.

splatz100
08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
If that exmark is new, they are offering a free mulch kit or free striping roller as a bonus.

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 01:30 PM
eXmarks warranty and parts programs are great. Good for someone who needs fast turnaround time to get back up and running.