PDA

View Full Version : MSMA this morning

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 01:35 PM
all right guys i sprayed our lawn with MSMA this morning sonce we are expecting rain tomarrow night. Here are just a few questions that i need answered, thanks.

-Is this application to close to rain to actually take effect?
-How long before i see the grass turn color (i think it is suppose to)?
-How long before i see results?

The bottle was not very helpful in telling when apply and stuff like that. I just hope i did enough and not too much. Also, this is our own lawn so i don't need a lisence! Thanks for the resposes!

NickN
08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
-Is this application to close to rain to actually take effect?
<i>No.I've applied a few hours before rainfall and it still worked ok.</i>
-How long before i see the grass turn color (i think it is suppose to)?
<i>Depends on amount used and temp.If too little,you may not see a change in color,too much and you'll see more than a color change.Warmer temps like now(90's),I see changes in one day</i>.
-How long before i see results?
<i>It varies from weed to weed and amount applied and temp.If applied correctly,crabgrass should be gone in a day or two,but dallisgrass may take another app.</i>

Hope this helps.BTW,how much did you apply per gallon?per 1000 sq ft?at what pressure?
Also,what type of turfgrass do you have?

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
NickN, that is exactly what i was looking for, thank you so much!

Holistic Landscapes
08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
NickN.... A day or two? With msma? I've applied it many times, it took about 1-2 weeks before I saw results....? It works very slow from my experience... From putting it down to heavy, to putting in down to light... I didn't see change for at least 5 days.... what was I doing wrong? I applied when the crabgrass was reproducing... I also applied after I cut the grass.. but I cut it high at 5 to keep more leaf... I use about .7 ounces per 1000 sqft...

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, is down and just waiting for results. Holistic, it is good that you said that because if i didn't see results by this weekend after what nick said, i would probably be out there monday morning doing another coat, that would be bad! So now knowing what both of you said, ill wait 2 weeks like the bottle says until i do another app if the first one doesn't do what i want it to do. Should i keep people off our lawn for awhile since i did it this morning.

lawnservice
08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
msma results in a day or two??? i've never seen it.

read the label....do what the label says, word for word. you can not cut corners and reapply earlier that 10-14 days. crabgrass has been growing for a few months now....you can not expect to get rid of it in a couple of days.

you will most likely need to reapply and can expect the crabgrass to be quite unsightly as it dies (two to three weeks is more acurate0

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Wait, i don't exactly understand Lawnservice, are you saying to or not to reapply earlier than 10 to 14 days? Sorry for the misunderstanding but i want the stuff gone!

Holistic Landscapes
08-12-2005, 07:14 PM
HA! Crabgrass is really a shame... A horrible looking miserable plant, taking over lawns.... It must be really horrible to be crabgrass if you think about it. Ur whole life your hated, constantly pulled and chopped..... poisoned when your about to give birth...... constantly loosing your babies over and over every week yet still u try again.... ugly, unsightly, whipped over and over, ok thats enough... but yea... Drive 75 works good from what I"ve read on the boards. Can't buy it in NY but other states you can.... Why can't you buy DRIVE 75 in NY? :gunsfirin

lawnservice
08-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Wait, i don't exactly understand Lawnservice, are you saying to or not to reapply earlier than 10 to 14 days? Sorry for the misunderstanding but i want the stuff gone!
misunderstanding? it is good that you want to be perfectly clear.

what does the product label say about re-applying?
what does the product label say about entering a lawn that was just treated?

answers to all your questions will be found on the label

reading a label is easier than reading posts on a message board.
you dont have to 'boot up'
you dont have to log on
you dont need to remember a password

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-12-2005, 08:17 PM
With Msma You Might See Color Change In Crabgrass In A Few Days, Yellow At First............ But If You Get It Wrong You Can Brown Your Lawn In 2 Days Flat !!!

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Well guys the label does not answer a single one of my questions unfortunatly. It really sucks. If it doesn't work i am going to go to Lescos in Manchester NH and get some Drive75 and some other things i want for my lawn there! Thanks for all your help!

NickN
08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Yep a day or two.It depends on which brand MSMA you apply and the amount.Some contain less active ingredients than others.Temps make a big difference as well as does pressure that it is applied at.Spot spraying,I've killed grabgrass completely in two days.It stunned the hell out of the bermuda,but it comes right back.

NickN
08-13-2005, 09:40 AM
The guy posting in New England,I can understand it taking a while,but I'm in hot ass Alabama.I'm also applying at 1.5-2 ozs per 1000.Keep in mind it's over bermuda,which is very tolerant of heavy MSMA apps.