PDA

View Full Version : What is u.s. lawns

The mayor
08-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I saw this truck rolling through the neighborhood. Looked up the web site and it is a franchise. Anybody have some insight on what it is all about.

CutNLawns
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
A buddy of mine owns one in St. Louis but I do not kbnow the benifits of owning one.

out4now
08-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Its a franchise op. started by Valley Crest companies.
Here's some more info: Ouch that's expensive ;)
http://www.franchisegator.com/cgi-bin/profile.php?key=386&f_type=6
Check out the price!

TScapes
08-12-2005, 05:38 PM
US Lawns is a franchise opportunity like "Out4now" said. Valley Crest, the 2nd largest company in the country, owns rights to it. Basically, they set you up with all the marketing tools and training you need to be successful in your market. They are all over the country. I believe that they have the national service account for Bank of America, AmSouth banks, and several others.

They are as good as the person running it. Good markets are hard to come by from what I hear though.

J&R
08-12-2005, 05:51 PM
US Lawns is a franchise opportunity like "Out4now" said. Valley Crest, the 2nd largest company in the country, owns rights to it. Basically, they set you up with all the marketing tools and training you need to be successful in your market. They are all over the country. I believe that they have the national service account for Bank of America, AmSouth banks, and several others.

They are as good as the person running it. Good markets are hard to come by from what I hear though.
The Bank of Americas here in Chattanooga were taken over by Us Lawns about 2 years ago now look like CRAP.

The mayor
08-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Do you still have to advertize for business or is that taken care for you.

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, and do you still have to actually mow grass? :D

The mayor
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
This seems expensive and still have to do all the work. Is there something to this that is good that I don't see.

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't think it's all that expensive for a national franchise. Check out what it would cost you to buy a franchise for a national brand hamburger joint, gas station, or anything else.
I think I'll pass though. :)

leeslawncare
08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
They mow a apartment complex here in chattanooga that my x-wife manages.She showed me all the statements an contract.

wojo23323
08-12-2005, 06:58 PM
The Bank of Americas here in Chattanooga were taken over by Us Lawns about 2 years ago now look like CRAP.

Same here in SE Virginia.

TScapes
08-13-2005, 05:21 PM
They mow a apartment complex here in chattanooga that my x-wife manages.She showed me all the statements an contract.

How was their pricing? From what I have seen, they are cheap, just to get the property, especially when it is high visibility properties.

They took over the airport here in Knoxville.

leeslawncare
08-13-2005, 10:39 PM
It is a(HI END Apartment community) .45k per year they do the lawn ,fert ,an plant annuals, mulch beds ,trim shrubs we all need MEXICANS!!!

justanotherlawnguy
08-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Here in Tampa, FL they do alot of commercial stuff: Grocery store plazas, car dealers, common areas in different communities and the previously mentioned Bank of America.
I think they are the lowballers of the commercial end of this industry.

Like all major Landscapers in the area, they use exclusively Mexicanos. Like that is a big surprise or something.

I have never seen them in a residential area, so I dont worry about them....

out4now
08-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Here in Tampa, FL they do alot of commercial stuff: Grocery store plazas, car dealers, common areas in different communities and the previously mentioned Bank of America.
I think they are the lowballers of the commercial end of this industry.

Like all major Landscapers in the area, they use exclusively Mexicanos. Like that is a big surprise or something.

I have never seen them in a residential area, so I dont worry about them....

I don't think they are even romotely interested in resi. When Valley Crest still had their crews working here they were predominately Hispanic. All the former Valley Crest props are now being mowed by rivals. I think they found it to be more profitable to become a mentor of sorts and let all the day to day staffing and work headaches pass on to the franchisees. They still have tree divisions and install divisons here but never see any mowing anymore. Has anyone else seen any of the actual Valley Crest crews still working lawns or did they fold them all together for the franchises?

i_plant_art
08-15-2005, 12:09 AM
here in Memphis valleycret still doesn some mowing........ not sure how big of an operation it is though i have seen 3 different trucks with mowers on them... they have nice accounts that i would like to get. I know they all have the mowing well most of them do b/c with most larger landscape installs at malls, shopping centers, etc etc in the bid it you also are required to maintain them for 1-2 years after the install.... at least most of the ones we have bid on /done have been that way.

As far as US Lawns go they do have the BoA accounts here as well, and yes they do llok like crap as well. Us Lawns is carp thay are the lowballers/scum of the memphis mowers on commercial props..... man they lowball so bad i dont know how they make money there are a few accounts here i bid on ........ i would have gotten them by being the low bidder, US Lawns got them for 3-7k less per year and were doing mulch 2x per year. Well let me say after now seeing the prop i can see why they can do them for that much less.... scalped to hell, grass in the streets when thery leaves, satill on the sidewalk, places havent been edged in who know how long thewn when they are its with a string trimmer and not stick edger, it isnt anywhere near straight, or clean..... i wouldnt even waste my own spit on them....if you need to buy a franchise in the lawn care industry to succeed you dont need to be in the lawn care business..... how hard is it to place an ad in a paper/phone book, logo your truck, load a trailer, answer the phone, mow grass, hold a blower, show up on time??? ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD. SO WHY PAY SOME ONE TO TELL YOU HOW TO DO IT?

LOL it just amazes me...........

shep2004
08-15-2005, 12:54 AM
I worked for the Indianapolis US Lawns in the spring for 3 days. The manager told me they were quality oriented, not quantity. So I gave it a shot. The 3rd day they had a employee meeting and said we where working way to slow and that we were taking way to long on job sites. Thats when I said forget it and I got out. Not to mention the mexicans didnt speak any english.

Just a little FYI
Kyle Shepherd