PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha think of this

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I outgrew this unit several years ago. I tried to find something like this to trade it for but I couldn't find one, so I made one. This is all I've got so far. What do you think?

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 05:21 PM
This one is the snowthrower attached.

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 05:23 PM
This one is 30 seconds later.

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
This one is what I started with. Now I can make the switch in just over one minute(1:16), and I only have one engine to maintain.

tacoma200
08-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm impressed...

TScapes
08-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Is that something that you fabricated or is that something that someone can buy? I have seen blades (plows) put on walkbehinds before, but never that.

We never get much snow here, but that would be perfect for sidewalks if we did!

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Is that something that you fabricated or is that something that someone can buy? I have seen blades (plows) put on walkbehinds before, but never that.

We never get much snow here, but that would be perfect for sidewalks if we did!
I made this one. I'm thinking of other things to put on it. I'd like to find a truck loader with blown motor.

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I know they are already made but you could but some kind of a power broom attachment on there or something like that, there are lots of possibilities especially if you are a good fabricator (it deffinatly seems like you are). Maybe you could make a business out of this! Keep us or at least me posted on new progress, i am very interested in it!

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 06:06 PM
I know they are already made but you could but some kind of a power broom attachment on there or something like that, there are lots of possibilities especially if you are a good fabricator (it deffinatly seems like you are). Maybe you could make a business out of this! Keep us or at least me posted on new progress, i am very interested in it!
Thanks mcw,
I believe something like this would be a big help to us. I made these because this is what I had. A mower that wasn't being used and a snowthrower with a blown motor. So, this is what I came up with.
The broom would come in handy too.

mcwlandscaping
08-12-2005, 06:18 PM
How can you put a plow on a WB? Who makes them?

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=mcwlandscaping]How can you put a plow on a WB? Who makes them?[/QUOTE
mcw,
I don't believe anyone makes them, at least not like this. I read about someone somewhere bolting a homemake one onto a walkbehind. They unbolted the deck then bolted on the blade.

jimslawns
08-12-2005, 08:23 PM
This thread deals with em'

If you can find Fareway, He'll tell you about em'

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17856&stc=1

I think the company is Rad.

scagwildcat
08-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Nice Thinking!!!! Looks Good!!! Have You Thought Of Changing The Tire? And Do You Think That The Drive Belts Will Slip When The Wet Snow Gets On Them? Just Some Thought, Otherwise , You Sure Know How To Make A Machine Useful

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 11:37 PM
This thread deals with em'

If you can find Fareway, He'll tell you about em'

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17856&stc=1

I think the company is Rad.
yeah, That is a company out of Canada called RAD. Their making convertion kits, but it looks like it's a pain to bolt on their kit.
Tell Fareway to let me know.

cleanlawn
08-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Nice Thinking!!!! Looks Good!!! Have You Thought Of Changing The Tire? And Do You Think That The Drive Belts Will Slip When The Wet Snow Gets On Them? Just Some Thought, Otherwise , You Sure Know How To Make A Machine Useful
scagwildcat,
Honestly, no I haven't thought of changing the tire. As for the snow getting on the drive belts, I didn't have any slippage last winter. I don't believe the higher ground speeds are necessary. I only used first gear. If this was a hydro, I don't think it would be an issue.