PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this lco...

Eddie B
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
My father is an electrician and was working with another electrician who is also a lco. The lco gets a phone call of a new customer while at work. The lady says over the phone its a 1 acre lot and hasn't been cut in over 1 month. She needs it cut today, as soon as possible. The guy quotes $65 over the phone, and leaves work early to do the lawn. What is wrong with this picture?

Nosmo
08-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Quoting a price before ever seeing the 1-acre plot. Could be 2 acres
full of stumps. Also left the electrician job early (wonder how early)
and it's probably a $20.00 or plus per hour job.

Nosmo

John Gamba
08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
My father is an electrician and was working with another electrician who is also a lco. The lco gets a phone call of a new customer while at work. The lady says over the phone its a 1 acre lot and hasn't been cut in over 1 month. She needs it cut today, as soon as possible. The guy quotes $65 over the phone, and leaves work early to do the lawn. What is wrong with this picture?

He doesn't need it to live on. He also was probably getting paid for the time he was not there on his job site.

John

Scapegoat
08-12-2005, 08:25 PM

Was he wearing socks with sandals?

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-12-2005, 08:28 PM
He Told Her A Price That Would Get Him In The Door. When He Gets There It Might Change. The Guy Might Be A Salaried Electrician (or Management), Not Hourly. Third, It Sounds Like An Under The Table Lco.

sildoc
08-12-2005, 09:45 PM
He Told Her A Price That Would Get Him In The Door. When He Gets There It Might Change. The Guy Might Be A Salaried Electrician (or Management), Not Hourly. Third, It Sounds Like An Under The Table Lco.
I do not think there is such a thing as an under the table LCO. A guy that dodges the system, yes, but LCO, NO.
And Definitely not a profesional.

Shuter
08-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Bailey, you must have a lot of time on your hands to worry about this.

fga
08-12-2005, 11:15 PM
did your dad hear both sides of the conversation?
maybe he a was giving a ball park figure. maybe they mentioned there was alot of side work involved. i don't know.
i never quote a price in stone over the phone.

maybe he just wanted to get out of electric work that day, and the "guy" on the phone was his girlfriend waiting for him...with his favorite pair of Manties. :blob3:

cantoo
08-13-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm on salary at my day job and if I was having a slack day, a hairy day or worked lots of hours I have done stuff like this. I go to auction sales and do other jobs it was part of my contract when I took this job. I was going to quit and they suggested giving me more freedom instead. it works for everyone concerned. Now if he was an hourly guy then it might be different, just remember your Dad only heard one side of the conversation.