PDA

View Full Version : National Coalition for Pesticide-Free Lawns

Scapegoat
08-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Thought some of you who didn't already know about this might find it of interest.

They are also currently targeting Home Depot. Read on for more info.

http://www.beyondpesticides.org/pesticidefreelawns/

NattyLawn
08-13-2005, 01:51 PM
That there looks like one of those tree hugger sites....Crazy tree huggers will never learn that that chemicals are the only way to go....:)

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-13-2005, 04:25 PM
its funny.....i almost never get calls for service from these people.......do they really exist ? i know there are a few but not in the numbers claimed.....yes i have checked into offering these alternative services but 99 percent of customers wont pay the ludicrous money i would have to charge to get results and make a profit. keep the tree huggers and other pitas......those websites have a small amount of truth but are mostly more liberal bs scare tactics........you can kill yourself with table salt or drano all of which most people are more careless with than we pros will ever dream of being with ag chemicals

toddnks
08-13-2005, 09:26 PM
I looked through thier site, and find that I don't know what I am doing wrong. I fertilize with the same stuff we put on hay about every other year, of course my yard is hay grasses not lawn grasses, but what are you supposed to do? They don't really say, just a bunch of claims pointed at the industry in general, not targeting particular chemicals.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Its Called Propaganda...........as In Throw Enough Bs At A Wall And Eventually Some Will Stick Wether Its True Or Not. A Typical Liberal Ploy...confuse The Issues So Much That The Mindless Minions Out There Hear It So Much That They Think It Must Be True.

nocutting
08-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Its Called Propaganda...........as In Throw Enough Bs At A Wall And Eventually Some Will Stick Wether Its True Or Not. A Typical Liberal Ploy...confuse The Issues So Much That The Mindless Minions Out There Hear It So Much That They Think It Must Be True.
Organics are for those people "That Want It", .......Most of "Those People" dont really care about weeds any way?......how you cut their grass.?.....but they know in "Todays Society", they too have to keep up with the Jones".....and why shouldnt it be ok for them, that they can rest easier knowing a "Lot of Deadly Chemicals are not applied on their properties?".....and if all those "Chemicals" are so safe?..... why do you guys need to be lic."ed............Please dont insult us with all your knowledge, that coffee or tea, liqued dish soap, is worse than all your synthetic / chemical Pesticides & Fertilizers?...."Dude try to focus"......if those "Tree Huggers" werent aroud I'd have no customers and they'd be givein you grief, by callin you!!!!....."God Bless America" :cool2: payup

NattyLawn
08-14-2005, 11:27 PM
its funny.....i almost never get calls for service from these people.......do they really exist ? i know there are a few but not in the numbers claimed.....yes i have checked into offering these alternative services but 99 percent of customers wont pay the ludicrous money i would have to charge to get results and make a profit. keep the tree huggers and other pitas......those websites have a small amount of truth but are mostly more liberal bs scare tactics........you can kill yourself with table salt or drano all of which most people are more careless with than we pros will ever dream of being with ag chemicals

There are plenty of customers interested organics, and if you did any research (I'm not talking organic Lesco fert here), you would know the costs are not "ludicrous". Most of the customers I deal with are actually knowledgable and have a better idea of what's going on with their lawns.
As soon as organics and any type of pesticide ban are mentioned here, the die hard chemical guys immediately call names and cry propaganda. They only come over to this forum to offer no input, then go back to the pesticide and fert forum...

SWD
08-15-2005, 06:54 AM
It is an extremely dangerous stance to ignore these types of websites and the people involved.
The difficulty stems from separating the facts from the emotion laden content, from both sides.
Do organics have a place in our industry, unquestionably yes.
Will organics replace synthetics, not entirely.
However, web sites such as these do serve a purpose in that marginal or under educated LCO's are forced to understand what they are doing in as much as a die hard liberal may have a mis perception altered.
There is no mistaking that a balance will be struck, the question is where.