PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! with weeds

ynvvbr
08-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey folks need some input.

Have some very large Blue CHip juniper beds with clover growing out the ying yang. We have sprayed with Lontrell and Fusilade for weeds and grassy weeds but that darn clover just won't die!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: My spray tech is at wits end and ready to use round-up (lol, joke, but we have had it) We sent in a hand crew 2 weeks ago cleaned it all out looked gorgeous and here we are 2 weeks later same problem, everything is gone but the damn clover!!!! :dizzy:

Any suggestions? :help:

AssuredServicesCo
08-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Can you use 20% horticultural vinegar. It's non-selective but strips the protective covering off plants and they die pretty quick. I've got a friend who is all organic and she told me this.

TURFLORD
08-19-2005, 03:29 PM
A pre and post emmergent app should do it. Glyphosate( round-up ) and pendamethalin(stinks like hell) as a suggestion. For added effect throw in some Momentum, Lesco's version of a selective post broadleaf for turf.

turfcobob
08-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Have them buy short goats. They will keep the clover all ate and trim the bushes to. Tall goats trim to high..

Plus goats are good to eat later..

One word of caution from an old Nebraska farm boy...Never name an animal you intend to eat...

All jokes aside.. Have you ever heard of a wick or wipe? They are made out of pvc tubing and shaped like a golf putter. They have about a 10 inch angle on the bottom with small holes in it and cotton wrapped around it. You fill it with roundup, the round up soaks up the cotton but not enough to drip. YOu can reach under the bushes and wipe the weeds with the round up soaked cotton and be done with it. They are sometimes in hardware stores but I made mine. Good luck

Turfcobob