PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames.

TURFLORD
08-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Please submit your best nicknames and play on words for services and actions. Such as, Mowron ( moron ). Scalp and skip(don't wanna trim next week). Mow,blow,and go(to hot for anything else). Stop and chop(for grass that hasn't been cut in 6 months), etc. And don't corrupt the thread by saying I'm lazy and need to be more professional, I do good work.

smullen
08-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Not exactly the same, but we called one guy the Curbinater for the way he ran mowers offa curbs..

John Gamba
08-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Captain Butch.

Mope Head
08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
You're just lazy and need to be more professional. :D

Actually, my crew used to name the tools we had. I'm trying to think of them, we had a lot. I do remember the "Cindy Loppers" and the "Sorry Bastard File".

fcl01
08-15-2005, 01:29 PM
dont have nicknames for things we do but i have nicknames for clients we have. real names are too hard to remember. :dizzy:
for example.....
Dilbert....looks and talks like the guy from office space that was based on the dilbert comic strips.
Psycho bi tch...psychologist that is very weird
lesbo....name says it all :rolleyes:

smullen
08-15-2005, 01:33 PM
You're just lazy and need to be more professional. :D

Actually, my crew used to name the tools we had. I'm trying to think of them, we had a lot. I do remember the "Cindy Loppers" and the "Sorry Bastard File".

We had a John Deer 48" WB that we called Hoppy as it was Green and the controls were really sensitive; whenever you had the levers squeezed in (stopped) released them both to go straight forward or one side or the other to turn, it would Hop real bad... A couple of guys wrecked it a few times..

Also, We had a Bunton that the blade belts caught on fire under the deck ( i dunno how), they called it the Bunton Burner after that...

smullen
08-15-2005, 01:37 PM
dont have nicknames for things we do but i have nicknames for clients we have. real names are too hard to remember. :dizzy:
for example.....
Dilbert....looks and talks like the guy from office space that was based on the dilbert comic strips.
Psycho bi tch...psychologist that is very weird
lesbo....name says it all :rolleyes:

We had several of those too...

We had the ""Obstacle Course over in Glassgow"", one with like 30 yard ornaments and the ""Mine Field"" they had like 5 or 6 large dogs and never heard of a pooper scooper... Was NASSTY!!!! You would see stuff smashed in the treads of the tires and your shoes... It was foul...

Mope Head
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Also, We had a Bunton that the blade belts caught on fire under the deck ( i dunno how), they called it the Bunton Burner after that...

LOL Bunton Burner. Nice one.

How about customers who mispronounce things? I had a guy that called his Bermuda "Permoody Grass".
And a lady who's car had "Rack and Penguin" steering.

T Edwards
08-15-2005, 02:39 PM
We dropped off a 48" ZTR for some repairs and when we picked it up the guy asked why we drove a faggot mower. He said he had to hold his legs so close together while driving that he felt like a faggot. (???) So now we call it riding the Faggot.

Kate Butler
08-17-2005, 09:49 PM
We call our end-of-season cutdown and cleanup "chop and drop".

DynaMow
08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Please submit your best nicknames and play on words for services and actions. Such as, Mowron ( moron ). Scalp and skip(don't wanna trim next week). Mow,blow,and go(to hot for anything else). Stop and chop(for grass that hasn't been cut in 6 months), etc. And don't corrupt the thread by saying I'm lazy and need to be more professional, I do good work.

thanks, i like this one, got a few good laughs

yrdandgardenhandyman
08-17-2005, 11:25 PM
We dropped off a 48" ZTR for some repairs and when we picked it up the guy asked why we drove a faggot mower. He said he had to hold his legs so close together while driving that he felt like a faggot. (???) So now we call it riding the Faggot.

Shovel!!! Give him the shovel!!!

John Gamba
08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Shovel!!! Give him the shovel!!!

LOLOL :waving: :waving:

The Grass Amputator
08-18-2005, 05:03 PM
My helper named an area we service "Rock & Knoll" due to the, well, rocky terrain and steep hills. Every time we pull onto the property, he'll say "Time to Rock & Knoll". (It got old after the first half-dozen times...)

The Ripper
08-18-2005, 05:17 PM
We call one of our customers "meatman co cksucker" He is the manager at a grocery meat department and the first time we met him he was wearing dazy dukes so we just figured (well you know). We also have a customer called sparkle motion who teaches dance to kids and talks about it all the time. We also had one called shock and awe, because we had to let off a bomb in his yard just to find his house under the jungle he called a yard. We also have the old B itch, and the mad bomber. Some times it his hard to remember their real names and it can become a problem if someone in their neighborhood stops to use your service and wants a reference. All you can remember is meat man co cksucker.

TheKingNJ
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM
HHAHAHHAH I love this form.

We have one customer that we call Tribal Guy, because he is about 34 and covered in a lot of bad tribal tattoos.

We have another guy that i have no idea how to pronounce his name so we just call him "Rich Black Dude From Sparta"

Can't pronounce any names of so of the local hotell owners One guy is Called the Indian Guy and the other is Called the annoying Indian Guy.

We also have a house with a sign at the end of the driveway That says Hideaway Pines, so we refer to that house as that and one more where the guy has 2 Ferarri's and we just refer to him as "The Man"

We just say I gotta go cut the man's house.