PDA

View Full Version : Order Of Operations

mcwlandscaping
08-13-2005, 11:20 PM
In what order of things (mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing) would be the best and why? I have heard so many different orders and reasons why, I want some professional advice! Thanks in advance,
Michael :cool2:

ProLawns
08-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Do a search. This topic has been beat to death.

mcwlandscaping
08-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks i forgot about that, what would be a good search keyword, sorry to ask!

ProLawns
08-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I can't find where this topic has been discussed but I know it has been several times. I mow, trim and edge (with the trimmer) then blow. Some guys trim before they mow but I only trim what the mower doesn't get so for me it's less trimming if I mow first.

MudslinginFX4
08-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I do what works best for me... and what makes me the most money fastest... period.

ALarsh
08-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Mow, trim, blow, go

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2005, 01:01 AM
One thing that i have heard a lot is trim first so the mower will chop up the trimmings, is this neccesary? I like doing it like ALarsh but i have heard otherwise and my dad gives me grief when i don't do it that way (trim first).

ALarsh
08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
If your trimming every week the clippings are not noticeable.

topsites
08-14-2005, 01:06 AM
One thing that i have heard a lot is trim first so the mower will chop up the trimmings, is this neccesary? I like doing it like ALarsh but i have heard otherwise and my dad gives me grief when i don't do it that way (trim first).

I mow first, a lot of LCO's mow first... A lot also trim first, whatever floats their boat. But you do what you think is best and as far as your dad goes, does he own the business or do you?

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I own it but he knows a lot about the work though. I have figured out that he tries to make it seem like he knows more than he does especially when it comes to euipment, and that pisses me off more than anything but have too much respect for him to say anything. I like mowing first so if i miss or can't mow a patch of grass, i can just trim it when i trim everything else, when i trim first, if i miss some grass, then i have to get the trimmer back out again and i hate that. No disrespect intended towards my dad though!

jim d.
08-14-2005, 02:18 AM
I mow, edge, trim and blow. You will likely either trim too much (what your mower would otherwise get) or like you said, you won't trim enough (or in the right places) and you'll have to take the time to go back and do it again.

qualitylandscaping
08-14-2005, 02:29 AM
I mow, edge, trim and blow. You will likely either trim too much (what your mower would otherwise get) or like you said, you won't trim enough (or in the right places) and you'll have to take the time to go back and do it again.

DITTO :cool:

HoffmanLawnCare
08-14-2005, 02:43 AM
same as most the rest...mow, trim, edge, blow. i've tried to trim first and i always miss places that the walk behind can't get. the only time i will ever trim first if its reaaaaaaally long, then it will mulch up a lot better...

Brianslawn
08-14-2005, 06:19 AM
blow, trim, then mow

Oldtimer
08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Edge Trim Mow Blow Go

Oldtimer

Scotts' Yard Care
08-14-2005, 03:47 PM
We always trim, mow and then blow as we feel the trimmings are mulched or bagged as we mow 'em up. We know where our machines will go and where they can't so we can trim accordingly and not miss anything.

hamsey
08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Second what Scott's Yard care said. If it's a new property, once you learn how to mow and trim it you are all set. Trim, mow, blow and go.

Norm

LawnBoy89
08-15-2005, 12:57 PM
I do what works best for me... and what makes me the most money fastest... period.

And what works best for you....?