PDA

View Full Version : Whats Best Scag or JD WB

valley boy
08-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Whats better a Scag or JD Hydro walk behind , closest dealers in my area.

65hoss
08-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Ford verses Chevy I guess.
Look, the best and only way to find out what you like is to demo both. Any comm'l grade mower from a reputable company is going to be pretty good anyway. The trick is to find which you personally like by demo'ing.

Quail Creek LC
08-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Everyone in my area runs Scag. We have both dealers close by. I owned 1 JD and wont own another. I've only seen 1 guy now that has an older JD in my area and that is all, everything else is orange. Thats got to tell you something. Scag's are build strong and they last.

AdamCByrd
08-14-2005, 09:03 AM
They're both great mowers....go with the one sold by the dealer you like the best. That's just as important.

ed2hess
08-14-2005, 01:51 PM
You can not go wrong with the Scag hydro, the units we have are very reliable and durable. Never seen a JD walkbehind, guess they are new in the market?

Scapegoat
08-14-2005, 01:53 PM
You can not go wrong with the Scag hydro, the units we have are very reliable and durable. Never seen a JD walkbehind, guess they are new in the market?

My JD W/B is a 1999, so they're surely not new to the market. :dizzy:

I would go with the best dealer. Never used a Scag but my JD is great.

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2005, 01:55 PM
ed2hess, i was sitting reading your response and thought to myself, "he has never seen a JD walkbehind?" Then it came to me, i haven't either! Only in the catalogs have i seen one but never on a trailer or in use. So, go with the scag. Tough, reliable, i like exmark so its funny for me to say this! But, scag is the best in my opinion out of your two options. Dam, what a long confusing post!